Page 1 of 43 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

There has for a length of time been an increasing problem with a strong inflation in the games economy. We have previously taken various actions to reduce this problem but have unfortunately not achieved a satisfactory outcome. We have decided that further actions to ensure a stable economy has to be taken.

We have evaluated various solutions to this issue actively seeking the one that will improve the games economical balance without reducing the player’s enjoyment factor. In the end we agreed to remove the one source introducing by far the largest sum of money to the game. This option was a superior solution to alternatives of implementing an assortment of systems to siphon money out of the game. It is never ‘fun’ to remove rewards from players that they have already earned in some arbitrary fashion and that’s not a road I wanted to go down.

This is why we during Thursday’s downtime we will be removing all ingots as loot from all Shadowlands monsters. All existing ingots in the game have not been changed in any way and can still be sold as normal. All ingots used for tradeskill items found on Rubi-Ka have not been affected by this change.

This change was initially scheduled for a later patch. It was pushed forward due to the recently increasing problem with external parties looking for financial gain performing unwanted activities in Shadowlands. Their actions have lessened the normal player’s experience and enjoyment of Anarchy Online. We do not tolerate this behavior and we will actively fight their negative influence on the game experience.

We will keep a very close eye on the situations and will make any further adjustments if this is deemed necessary. We may provide other means of acquiring credits in a later content upgrade.

-Znore

Guys, we fully realise that this will be a contentious issue, so please keep your responses civil, rational and on-topic.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Cool! Byebye sweatshop farmers. Bye bye inflated prices etc.. Yet again we'll have to wait a bit for the economy to adjust and for players to figure out how to make money outside the ingot farming.

In a related matter, how is Funcom and the new Chinese deal with 3 hours of maximum playing time pr. day? This could severely reduce the eBay farm companies gain severely. Though I guess it would only be a matter of time before the company's owners fire all their chinese employees and move their business to Korea or other east asian countries where there is no such restriction.

*scurries off to sell the really expensive gear he has lying around to accumulate credits for when inflation goes down*
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Znore you forgot your flameshield!
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Sweeet

The removal of the ingots should remove the 200+s from Elysium and let it be used by those it was meant to be again. And a deflation of the economy is still needed. Good job
    AndreasB - 214 NT Veteran of the Nordic Alliance - Equip

Weeeeeeeeeeee

FINALLY!!!!!!
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

If the economy deflates enough, that means that credit sink items (like SL nanos, city upkeep, yalm upgrades) become more of a challenge to acquire. Can't wait to see what the "new way to obtain credits" will be
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Great, thanks =)
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Thumbs up all I have to say is...

!!w00t!!

Thanks Znore and everyone else at FC who made a wise decision. Thanks for listening to the players on this one.

/me wonders where the next campground is going to be.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

Quote Originally Posted by Znore
    This change was initially scheduled for a later patch. It was pushed forward due to the recently increasing problem with external parties looking for financial gain performing unwanted activities in Shadowlands. Their actions have lessened the normal player’s experience and enjoyment of Anarchy Online. We do not tolerate this behavior and we will actively fight their negative influence on the game experience.
    Only thing is that you should have done this AGES ago!!!
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Great change, way overdue imo

Woot thanks FC, you just remove 30% of my day's tells !

Yril, 1st Trader 220
    Skyppie, Adventurer
    Chippye, Doctor
    Pyxel, Martial Artist

Advisor of Phoenix
    Clan, Rimor

Marry me, plx?
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Thumbs down Lol

the farmers only farm in ely, not in adonis or somewhere else. sorry but its lame action imo.

and now how the lowbies will get credits? from what i have seen only the 200+ ppl responded here.

Can we please spend the last few days spamming this thread so certain ppl in ely =)
    A mind is like a parachute - it only works if open.

Bojaka the Enforcer

Gonsales the fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores
    Marry me, plx?
    hmm.... maybe... err, YES! ;(

oh well, wonder where the ebay-farmers will head for now :P
    Back on enf!

Quote Originally Posted by Metapowah
    ..and now how the lowbies will get credits? from what i have seen only the 200+ ppl responded here.
    Ignots are not the only way to make money you know..
    Back on enf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zpok
    oh well, wonder where the ebay-farmers will head for now :P
    they'll be back on Lineage II
    Yril, 1st Trader 220
    Skyppie, Adventurer
    Chippye, Doctor
    Pyxel, Martial Artist

Advisor of Phoenix
    Clan, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Metapowah
    the farmers only farm in ely, not in adonis or somewhere else. sorry but its lame action imo.

and now how the lowbies will get credits? from what i have seen only the 200+ ppl responded here.
    How did lowbies get creds before SL? *ding ding*
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Page 1 of 43 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast