Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Do some normal missions to lvl. At lvl 70-120 there's easily faster lvling in RK missions than in SL, and in that many missions you can easily find loot that will produce much more than 7 million credits.
    People can be such idiots like that, I have seen the same people from lvl 40-90 stick to nasc hecks jus because "hecks is how you lvl in this game".

You really do not need jobe/tier armor right away either, there are other armors that are cheaper and are still just as good to use until you can save up the money you need for your jobe. Carbonum, Nano armor, Steel Ribbed, Apocalypse, CDS, etc.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet
    The real problem is that getting money has just become much more time-consuming. This shifts the quota between leisure playing and farming burden. Just because I have less ways to gather money doesn't mean the yuttos don't want 12M for their memories, or the garden vendors won't charge me 14M for each of the 8h compos anymore (remember, each char usually needs four of them..), and the other must-have-nanos etc won't drop in price either. Would you take a 210+ Doc on an Inferno mission with you when you know he didn't yet have the 30M for the second and/or third SL heal nano because he's a casual player and doesn't have the time to farm money? Or an Enfo who drops dead on every second or third mob because he can't afford the 100M which the various HP buffs in SL still do cost?
    Making it harder to get money makes a game more work and less fun. Not a smart move.
    Nice numbers I have recently been buying nanos for my alts for money not gained from ingots, omg!? And one is an enf. We're nowhere near 100million for a HP buff for lvl 201 nor are we if we add all of them up... probably not even if we add all enforcer SL nanos up together will we get 100m pricetag... and 8 hour composites are a luxury. Be prepared to pay for that. I "only" have 4 hours. Why on earth would I waste money on 8 hour composites? Silly.
    And if a 210+ char can't acquire 30 million when he sets his mind to it... well, why would he play in a team if he knew he couldn't heal that team? Would that not be irresponsible if not directly stupid?

Getting money isn't a drag.. it's quite possible to play casually and get large amounts of credits.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Ehh.. everyone with raidpoints can bid on it, if I got it right. That means you've participated (actively) in the raids. If you don't want to do that, no phatzzorz.
    And btw, if "merc armor" is the same as Azure then any guildie saying you should buy it doesn't know the meaning of Nodrop..
    People can buy hnta's and people sell them. And there are a few azure pieces which aren't no drop. Anyway the point is need > greed. Yet this is not how people think. Bidding works to a certain point and I like it better than most systems. It even is flawed. Usually how it has work for me on raid systems is to save all my bid pts to get that item just to get my bid points whiped out and thus I get nowhere.

Moving to another org has the same effect too. The problem is that when there are people sporting like there main and 3 alts with hnta's and a guildie is going after their 1st. Bidding in some way ensures that a person will get the item they are after as long as the bot pts doesn't get erased and if there are enough opportunities for the players in need to go to these raids. The org I'm in right now has been rolling for items like this.

Since anyone can be added for the roll there is always the chance you will never be rewarded from raid. I just find it sick sometimes when you could so make a use of an item for your main but someone else gets it just to make a couple hundred credits atleast when you were at the same raid.

::munches popcorn waiting for Cynaptix's next posting::
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Great... So while all the 200+ people can still camp the badass items, the lowbies get.... Hmm... Nothing? Sure, mishes are still there... Ever saw the loot that drops from a level 30 mish? Yeah, now go and get yourself an imp set with that. I dare you.

How about a highlevel dyna? sure, Soldier Clip Junkie goes for 100m atm on the GMS (On Rimor, at least)... Now how exactly can a level 80 toon take that out? Or a team? Especially considering that any moment some level 220 Enfo/MA/Soldier can show up and kill that mob with a couple hits?

Blood Plasma is near-worthless at lower QLs... CRUs don't drop at a mish below QL100... Every time I tried to find a lower-level dyna to kill, hoping for a GA, Pump Trainee, whatever... Some highlevel shows up, or I find the dyna killed and if I do /list, guess what? Some 200+ player is right around the hill, or in a yalm right above the spawnpoint...

So, considering that I can't spend whole days playing AO... And that I also actually want to do something with my toon that isn't just camp-camp-sell-repeat... Hmm... See my point? Sure, it's easy to be all righteous when you have a 200+ alt you can use to grab anything you want for your lowbie, from weapons to nanos, but what if you don't? If the only toon you have is barely 100, with obsolete gear.... How bad was it, that you could go to Elysium beach, grab a couple levels and a couple ingots? I don't want a D-chest, or AI armor, or any of the "Uber" gear, I just want some gear that my toon will have some use to it - Jobe armor still costs 1-2 mils a piece, and even if I get a team to go and raid for embryos/novis, it'll take alot more time and effort to get even one piece.

So, thank you oh so very much, FC. Great job... Now I'm going to leave the game for atleast a month, and maybe things will be better... Or maybe not. Somehow, I'm not too sure they'll be better.
    It's a Fixer's world. The rest of you are just living here.

the few times i've been able to stomach fighting hecklers instead of leveling on enemies that make honestly, less annoying sounds, it hasn't been the odd ingot that i've brought back that's got a reaction from one person i play with on a regular basis, but the monster parts that they could convert into plasma.

if removing ingots helps the game economy, then i'm all for it.
    Ashur :: TL6 Meta-Physicist

Quote Originally Posted by Armslave
    You really do not need jobe/tier armor right away either, there are other armors that are cheaper and are still just as good to use until you can save up the money you need for your jobe. Carbonum, Nano armor, Steel Ribbed, Apocalypse, CDS, etc.
    What? You mean there are other armors than Tier armor? Armors that in many cases might actually be better and most certainly cheaper and easier to get? Oh you kidder you!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Also, I know how to make money (and I don't make money from ingots, I make it from selling stuff), it's just that everything in the economy is such a MOUNTAIN right now as it IS.

Oh he made a bil in 2 months, he's special ****ING GOOD FOR HIM.

Some of us just aren't that awesome at making money, we don't have the time to play the ****ing game all day pharming ****. If I make 25-50 mil a week, I consider myself really ****ing lucky.

By standards of what seems to be the majority of people my level, I'm downright poor. I've never been anything BUT poor in these games, it's just hwo it is. I try to make money, I know how to make money, but something always holds me back from making big bucks, usually time. I have a new character I'm trying to support and the slope I'm trying to climb just got a LOT steeper. Ingots don't just affect ingot pharmers, they affect the whole economy (duh, obvious). The value of things in my player shop are prolly dropping like a rock as I type this. Sure, I could go blitz animas.. on my gimp ass nanomage MP.. ya, that's great.. or I know! I can go hunt dynas..! and Get OD'd by alpha profs.

Ya, you make a lot of sense...
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    People can buy hnta's and people sell them. And there are a few azure pieces which aren't no drop. Anyway the point is need > greed. Yet this is not how people think. Bidding works to a certain point and I like it better than most systems. It even is flawed. Usually how it has work for me on raid systems is to save all my bid pts to get that item just to get my bid points whiped out and thus I get nowhere.

Moving to another org has the same effect too. The problem is that when there are people sporting like there main and 3 alts with hnta's and a guildie is going after their 1st. Bidding in some way ensures that a person will get the item they are after as long as the bot pts doesn't get erased and if there are enough opportunities for the players in need to go to these raids. The org I'm in right now has been rolling for items like this.

Since anyone can be added for the roll there is always the chance you will never be rewarded from raid. I just find it sick sometimes when you could so make a use of an item for your main but someone else gets it just to make a couple hundred credits atleast when you were at the same raid.
    How about suggesting a loot system that doesn't involve points or raffles for your og then? maybe something along the lines of how much you've helped out at org-activities, how many raids you've been at and how much you need this compared to the other people wanting it... of course that requires responsible and fair people to be in charge and I understand those can be hard to come by.
    The Red Brotherhood

Good job FC quite tired of getting trained in ely by a 200+ nt for "Invading his zone"

Sweet =) Thx. bye Farmers =p

PVP characters__________________________________________________
    Dedaleus veteran of Punk - 220.23.6x Omni adventurer, Atlantean
    > Pvp Equip (upgrading)

Fantoom veteran of Punk - 220.24.70 Omni Agent, Atlantean
    > Pvp Equip (Star is Stellar Agent Nanodeck, most symbiants are Xan Alpha)

>> Join the adventurer bot

Yaaay way to go fc
    might i suggest pushing the initiative even further and banning or stripping anybody caught buying creds.I worked damn hard for what i have and i'm proud of it and to those guys that have bought ebayed creds i'd just like to say what u have done has not only has cheated u out of the satisfaction of working hard to get something but also belittled the acheivements of those people that have earned what they have honestly. It has damaged the game that u claim to enjoy and made it more difficult for those following u up the leveling ladder.I hope when u hit 220 and look back on how you've got there and all those people who helped u to do it u realise............it now means absolutley nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    Also, I know how to make money (and I don't make money from ingots, I make it from selling stuff), it's just that everything in the economy is such a MOUNTAIN right now as it IS.

Oh he made a bil in 2 months, he's special ****ING GOOD FOR HIM.

Some of us just aren't that awesome at making money, we don't have the time to play the ****ing game all day pharming ****. If I make 25-50 mil a week, I consider myself really ****ing lucky.

By standards of what seems to be the majority of people my level, I'm downright poor. I've never been anything BUT poor in these games, it's just hwo it is. I try to make money, I know how to make money, but something always holds me back from making big bucks, usually time. I have a new character I'm trying to support and the slope I'm trying to climb just got a LOT steeper. Ingots don't just affect ingot pharmers, they affect the whole economy (duh, obvious). The value of things in my player shop are prolly dropping like a rock as I type this. Sure, I could go blitz animas.. on my gimp ass nanomage MP.. ya, that's great.. or I know! I can go hunt dynas..! and Get OD'd by alpha profs.

Ya, you make a lot of sense...
    Since I play quite casually when I'm online and if you've only been poor at all times you're just doing something wrong. I never ever had money problems and I never got any money to boost myself from any high lvl friends... it has nothing to do with the amount of time time available, it has to do with knowing how to most effectively make the most money in the least amount of time. And seeing as how you say you can make 30 million a week or whatever, and don't farm ingots, then you should be thrilled by this change as the prices will drop to adjust to the lower amount of income overall... it's the ingots that are to blame for your current economic difficulties, so you're the one not making sense
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 4th, 2005 at 17:50:52.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    What? You mean there are other armors than Tier armor? Armors that in many cases might actually be better and most certainly cheaper and easier to get? Oh you kidder you!
    Heh, as there are far better armours than Tier for a neutral NT, I only went out and did mission after mission to make the cash for a Jobe suit because I simply adore the look of it. To hell with getting Tier. That's never going to happen.
    15 million for a suit of social armour I deemed well worth the effort.

I'm nuts, aren't I?

Thanks for the suggestion masta. I have tried proposing that and all I usually get is flak. Its sad but thats whats been happening and my thinking right now is that atleast I get axp from time to time and have a shop to sell some items in org. So if I up and leave to another org those are things that I will still need when moving to somwhere else. Org hoping gets old after a while too. Its hard to get involved with other people when they already have a number of friends and are quite comfortable with their situation.

Well with less easy money in the economy I would hope that the price for some things would go down. Its possible that the igot money is what is responsible for the ultra high prices on so many things. And if you are higher levels you can make good money in missions if you collect all the junk and sell it.

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

*raises hand*

Can I ask a question? What do ingots have to do with org hopping?
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    This is just gonna destroy any plans I had.

Rich get richer, poor get poorer, thanks Funcom.
    So here we see a good example someone in their S-levels who still don't know that there are better ways of income than ingots... Pretty ironic isn't it?
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast