Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

one of the creds farmer went for CRU instead of ingots (some time ago tho) think he's stil doing good
    Trancillion - 220 Fixer
    Sweetyla - 220 Adventure
    Tradicol - 220 Trader
    Stickyhands - 220 crat
    Docktaa - 220 Doctor

ingots, greed, and the excesive credits that still exist in the economy still contribute to the issues in game. They pretty much feed off of each other.

Personally the ideal fix would be as such

remove ingots, divide everyones credits by a factor of 20 or factor that causes items found in many areas in game or missions to be worth of some value and then divide the cost of items in SL vendors down by this factor as well. This would cause say the most anyone can make from one item is say 50k or something and thus make people occupy the whole game and allow everyone to be in the same bracket in terms of credits.

Prices would drop very rapidly because everyone has so little compared to what they had before and everything is now in the proper value ranges. So not totally opposed to ingots being taken out just opposed to the fact that the maket still has a long way to go till the credits already in it have been removed and the damage is undone.

I do hope that after prices have steeply dropped that the prices for SL vendor items will drop in price. I think higher prices will help to suck more credits out of the economy quicker and thus help to fix the problem a little faster. Granted it still will be months before a major change in the economy has occured. I might just save up credits and wait for a few months so my credits will hold more value in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    No matter what I say I am to blame. I nicely ask people don't help. I let people know how messed up things are for me and others people still don't care and are complacent. I just know that alot of times in game people use people too often and I for one am tired of being used. I like to help people but noone wants to be used as a mule either. The game doesn't make it very easy to have a friendly atmosphere.
    Meaning no offense, but you don't sound like you're playing the same game I am. My experience couldn't be more different.
    Teljanin Doctor (Gear)(Perks) - General of Obsidian Order
    Quiverdance Trader (Gear)(Perks)
    Dollashort Fixer (Perks)
    + several others spread across three accounts....

Woefallen's Guide To Teaming With A Doc

This is quite the fast growing post.

Oh well, guess we'll see pearl farming soon.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

IN case you didn't notice, monsterparts still droping in Ely and above for about 1 mil+ a bag.

The thing that people don't realize is that the economy will equalize. People will only sell items to people for what people are willing to pay. I'm not going into economic debate but we have already seen LOTS of prices drop due to 1) ingot price nerf and 2) player shops. Complain all you want about the removal of ingots but the previous ingot nerf is proof enough for me that it will stabalize and reduce prices. Removing the uber source of creds in the game is NOT going to make anyone unable to afford items that they need ingame anymore than they can now. (though I do think that it may take a while for some people to come up with the creds for the high QL SL nanos)
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I guess the drawback is gonna be that everyone is actually gonna loot monster parts off hecks now. Too bad.. i made a fortune off other peoples laziness.
    If you love something set it free, if it does not come back, Hunt it down and Kill It.

Two thumbs up, and the beer for Znore is on me!

Best. Nerf. Ever!

My initial thought was simpy "why not before?". But now that it's here: Damn fine work
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Yep.. even if you want to be a hecknoob, the facts of Ely hecks are: roughly 2/3 income is from blood plasma, roughly 1/3 is from ingots. When our org has a team for hecks, and everyone is in SoH, we often just gather up all the loot, sell it via trader shop, and split. So this ratio is not a guess on my part.. its how things actually are.

The MAJORITY of the income from Nascense hecks and Ely hecks is still there.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Yup, the Economy will equalise.

You will see Player sold item prices decrease, and effectively, your credits will be worth more.

We need a bit of balance, no?
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    Also, I know how to make money (and I don't make money from ingots, I make it from selling stuff), it's just that everything in the economy is such a MOUNTAIN right now as it IS.

Oh he made a bil in 2 months, he's special ****ING GOOD FOR HIM.

Some of us just aren't that awesome at making money, we don't have the time to play the ****ing game all day pharming ****. If I make 25-50 mil a week, I consider myself really ****ing lucky.

By standards of what seems to be the majority of people my level, I'm downright poor. I've never been anything BUT poor in these games, it's just hwo it is. I try to make money, I know how to make money, but something always holds me back from making big bucks, usually time. I have a new character I'm trying to support and the slope I'm trying to climb just got a LOT steeper. Ingots don't just affect ingot pharmers, they affect the whole economy (duh, obvious). The value of things in my player shop are prolly dropping like a rock as I type this. Sure, I could go blitz animas.. on my gimp ass nanomage MP.. ya, that's great.. or I know! I can go hunt dynas..! and Get OD'd by alpha profs.

Ya, you make a lot of sense...

okaye... lets pause for a minute to look at the outcome, and the fact this will lower prices.

allright. lets try to figure out whats being blocked from you. if you cut off the main source of income for those rich people. then they eventually wont be as rich. which then means they will be lowered down to your level, thusly, increasing your net worth.

as much against i am of "bringing people down" instead of "brining people up". in this case, its been way over due, and is something i've been saying needed to be done for several years. yeah.. thats me. the trend setter

when everyone during AI's first release were all "you should charge bazillion trillion creds for buildings and upkeep" i was saying "lets get rid of ingots and other insanely quick means of farming credits".

if the few nay sayers understood basic economics.. but i know i ask for too much.

and zeo.. come on.. stop with the asterix. pretending to use foul language isnt helping you.. considernig no one else in this thread really has. well maybe one or two.. but really. its lame

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave
    Ignorance is bliss I guess. Is it really that hard to see the logic in letting froobs getting access to purchase via the markets? The ones who would potentially benefit MOST from this is the AI owners themselves if anything. Frobbs still wouldn't be able to sell via the markets, so in that way they would still not be taking part of the real AI content.

Opening up the markets to more players would make them more profitable for the owners, especially now in the light of ingot removal. It would suddenly be more lucrative to sell non AI and non-SL items to froob players.

Froobs can still purchase items via the trade chat channel. They can even purchase Ai and SL items that way. They just can't use it. So in what way would opening up the markets for more purchasers give the froobs something they don't pay for?

No, it just makes life better for the AI owners, and if anything gives more incentives to buy the expansion if you don't already.

For the love of... Is thinking allowed here?

Fr00bs can't afford anything I sell in my shop, and I wouldn't buy anything a fr00b would put in his shop. OMG red plasteel helmet only 100k??? oh must buy
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Really bad idea sure its great for the people who are allready rich they can level thier alts in peace..... This wont stop people selling credits on ebay and i agree making ingots unique or level locking ely is a better solution. Great idea FC buy SL spend 70% of your time on RK making money on missions i wonder how many of the people with free accounts will upgrade if this is the way it goes.
    Last edited by grievous; Oct 4th, 2005 at 18:31:26.

If the professional farmers want to go for pearls or CRU or mob boss loot, more power to them. That's all instanced content, so they'll be out of our hair and out of our way. And I expect that they will; those are the most efficient means left them (camping dynas takes to long and is too inconsistent - only those of us who do this for fun will put up with that ).
    Teljanin Doctor (Gear)(Perks) - General of Obsidian Order
    Quiverdance Trader (Gear)(Perks)
    Dollashort Fixer (Perks)
    + several others spread across three accounts....

Woefallen's Guide To Teaming With A Doc

Yes!

Although I would rather have seen the ingot drop "level locked" instead, this is an acceptable solution. (By level locking, I mean that players/teams over a certain level don't get a drop. Ooops, "Your overwhelming attack destroyed all items of value".)

However, please do give some thought to how lower level players can get some credits and implement some better alternatives sooner rather than later. Prices will not come down overnight, and freezing in the current wealth distribution is going to lead to some real pain - deflation is even less fun than inflation.

The problem with ingots was not just the inflationary pressure - which was already easing due to prior value adjustements - but the possibility of overpowered players being able to rapidly accumulate sums far out of proportion to the effort expended. If there is no way for newer players to accumulate reasonable amounts of credits, a new game imbalance will arise. After all, is there a lower-effort way to get credits that to have a high level alt transfer them to a lower level alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Fr00bs can't afford anything I sell in my shop, and I wouldn't buy anything a fr00b would put in his shop. OMG red plasteel helmet only 100k??? oh must buy
    Gee, I really hope this was sarcasm, Neco, and not just really elitist. There are froobs over level 5 too (including yourself at one time), and froobs who probably know more about this game and have more credits than many paying players.

Back on topic, am I the only one that gets a fiendish glee out of how long the ebayers will continue to farm hecks before they realize that ingots were removed? Hah!
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphaestos
    Great... So while all the 200+ people can still camp the badass items, the lowbies get.... Hmm... Nothing? Sure, mishes are still there... Ever saw the loot that drops from a level 30 mish? Yeah, now go and get yourself an imp set with that. I dare you.

How about a highlevel dyna? sure, Soldier Clip Junkie goes for 100m atm on the GMS (On Rimor, at least)... Now how exactly can a level 80 toon take that out? Or a team? Especially considering that any moment some level 220 Enfo/MA/Soldier can show up and kill that mob with a couple hits?

Blood Plasma is near-worthless at lower QLs... CRUs don't drop at a mish below QL100... Every time I tried to find a lower-level dyna to kill, hoping for a GA, Pump Trainee, whatever... Some highlevel shows up, or I find the dyna killed and if I do /list, guess what? Some 200+ player is right around the hill, or in a yalm right above the spawnpoint...

So, considering that I can't spend whole days playing AO... And that I also actually want to do something with my toon that isn't just camp-camp-sell-repeat... Hmm... See my point? Sure, it's easy to be all righteous when you have a 200+ alt you can use to grab anything you want for your lowbie, from weapons to nanos, but what if you don't? If the only toon you have is barely 100, with obsolete gear.... How bad was it, that you could go to Elysium beach, grab a couple levels and a couple ingots? I don't want a D-chest, or AI armor, or any of the "Uber" gear, I just want some gear that my toon will have some use to it - Jobe armor still costs 1-2 mils a piece, and even if I get a team to go and raid for embryos/novis, it'll take alot more time and effort to get even one piece.

So, thank you oh so very much, FC. Great job... Now I'm going to leave the game for atleast a month, and maybe things will be better... Or maybe not. Somehow, I'm not too sure they'll be better.
    I find it absolutely shocking that a fellow fixer is bitching about not being able to get credits. I can easily make a couple hundred million a month blitzing mission. It's actually harder after 200 because I'm not in range of many of the missions to get the lower ql nanos for people.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    divide everyones credits by a factor of 20
    good ide, like not manny ppl wod considder to quit then, manny ppl did hard work on gatring creds none ingots.

but annyway, like ppl say, there are more incomes here, they just removed the easyest way, so i realy can't see why you'r complaining. and about guilds, aslong as you help them with what u can, they'll help you back, atlees how i'v seen in in the 2 guilds i'v been in
    Trancillion - 220 Fixer
    Sweetyla - 220 Adventure
    Tradicol - 220 Trader
    Stickyhands - 220 crat
    Docktaa - 220 Doctor

OMG this is the best change ever!
    After lvling up some alts in ely, I now hate ignot farmers more then anything else and now they hopefully find something better to do. Wouldnt surprise me if they start monster part farming
    Chrismas 220/18 MA - General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. (retired while perk resetting)
    Tmaxxed 150/7 ADV - Future defender of ..:Nordic Alliance:..
    Fastrunner 60/3 FIX - Defender of ..:Nordic Alliance:..

tranc can u blitz me some animas?
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast