Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

I still can't agree with the ones who say this will be abed for new players or that it will increase the grind because you have to make money besides levelling.

True, it might if killing hecks is all you do, but there are lots of things to do outside the game. I spent very little time killing hecks on any of my toons, and never as a source of credits, or even as a serious levelling option, and I managed to get by just fine.

I did spent a lot of time killing all sorts of other mobs in SL, and yes 90% of the loot table is crap. You can still make money there if you want though.

A general update on the loot table of SL mobs would be nice however.
    Maybe let them drop something some of the other nanos than Mutagenic Venom, things like that.

Or of course accept that you might never get to get the really high end loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    ...People don't like beggers remember and asking for help is sometimes looked at like this...
    I dont like beggers. Often I get asked that infamous "crdz plz" just because I am high level. I'll help with tradeskilling, educating, and even do some farming from time to time, but I will never give away credits just because someone is too lazy to roll a mission.

I get insulted for this on occation, but I remember when I was just a n00b, and I had to make my way. It made the game enjoyable, and I learned a lot in doing so. If I started this game at maxlevel, with maxcash, I'd have learned nothing and been bored out of my mind in a month or 2.

On topic, I think its is a really good thing. Personally, I'd have loved to see Ingots stay in the game, just give hecklers a 99% chance to resist AoE effects Makes people actually WORK for their loot... I dont think Ingots would be so overpowering if you had to work for them, its mainly been those who farm them on a large scale thats been causing the problem.

Also, on a related note, giving hecklers AoE resistance would also solve that issue of people who level off of kiters. Nothing worse than seeing 5 lazy bumps on the top of a hill, just trying to get from 110 to 170 while they are asleep.

Guess who'll be in the Unemployment line soon!?!
    well.. I can't say, it's against the rules.. : ) But ya'll know who they are.

WOOT Go Go FC!!

MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    I just find it sick sometimes when you could so make a use of an item for your main but someone else gets it just to make a couple hundred credits atleast when you were at the same raid.
    Happens all the time at AI raids it seems. If you cant use Lead bots, you can at least sell them

Quote Originally Posted by Znore
    There has for a length of time been an increasing problem with a strong inflation in the games economy.
    Btw what is the basis for this statement? Prices on everything in RK2 have been falling steadily since ingot price nerf.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

/Rant on

My only complaints are to all those ppl that are complaining about how they won't have the money to buy the high priced items now, and they suggest that FC make those items more readily available, such as lowering the timers on 18 hour uniqiues or increasing the drop rate of , insert uber item here, .

IMHO thats the LAST thing we need is to increase the drop rate on said uber items so that everyone can afford them as was suggested.. Granted most of us would like said items but the point of the mater is "UBER ITEM". Hard to get, not everone and thier brother has it. Yes I may have some of those items, but they weren't easy for me to get, I iether camped them, or spent "HARD EARNED" Credits for them. I've never been one to have an exceptional ammount of credits but I've allways managed to go out and camp/farm the items I generally needed and got lucky enough a few times to get the RARE drop. Oh yeah, you can't solo a mob, thats what friends are for.

The only accomplishment of increasing drop rates or spawn times is to get everyone to be clones. Then you'll have to find something else to complain about like "how come we don't get new items added, everyone uses the same gear/equipment". Yeah thats because its the best of the best. Its a challenge, take away the challenge of it and you loose the excitement factor of getting said items.

/Rant off
    214/14 Doc Director of Damage, Inc.
    217/12 Sol Antheste my pvp baby
    210/9 Fix the uber Tradeskillin fixah with 1800+ ME/WS/EE
    195 Crat
    166/6 Shade Kierana and loving it.
    and many other alts.

(Edited by Irongryphon: If a leet can figure out who you're naming even if you don't spell out the names, I say it still counts.) LOL this is to funny

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyanaa
    /Rant on

My only complaints are to all those ppl that are complaining about how they won't have the money to buy the high priced items now, and they suggest that FC make those items more readily available, such as lowering the timers on 18 hour uniqiues or increasing the drop rate of , insert uber item here, .

IMHO thats the LAST thing we need is to increase the drop rate on said uber items so that everyone can afford them as was suggested.. Granted most of us would like said items but the point of the mater is "UBER ITEM". Hard to get, not everone and thier brother has it. Yes I may have some of those items, but they weren't easy for me to get, I iether camped them, or spent "HARD EARNED" Credits for them. I've never been one to have an exceptional ammount of credits but I've allways managed to go out and camp/farm the items I generally needed and got lucky enough a few times to get the RARE drop. Oh yeah, you can't solo a mob, thats what friends are for.

The only accomplishment of increasing drop rates or spawn times is to get everyone to be clones. Then you'll have to find something else to complain about like "how come we don't get new items added, everyone uses the same gear/equipment". Yeah thats because its the best of the best. Its a challenge, take away the challenge of it and you loose the excitement factor of getting said items.

/Rant off

Hear hear!
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

FINALY :P

at least ppl can lvl like in all days in ely and hopefully they not get ganket by stupid farmers for 300k

good choice FC

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyanaa
    /Rant on

/Rant off
    Can't agree with you more here

The other day I was telling a new player friend "I remember back in the days when I'd see an enforcer down the road and know right off who it was by the combination of their armor.. even before I could read their name" I felt like some grandmother telling her kids about the way things were. Now, all I see are enfs with kyr type 112 sword (usually ql 300 if you ask them to post), full combined merc, beast shoulderpads and burdens. I'm not saying this is a bad setup but its everywhere (and same setup for keepers too btw). Definitely takes away from the "specialness" of having these things when every tom, dick and harry also has them.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Fr00bs can't afford anything I sell in my shop, and I wouldn't buy anything a fr00b would put in his shop. OMG red plasteel helmet only 100k??? oh must buy
    The idea is to increase the available buyers (READ: Fr00bs), not increase the number of sellers (READ: The rest of us). More buyers means potentially more demand. A n00b fr00b will still be SOL, but an educated fr00b still has many ways to make money on RK...

Very good FC =)

Waiting to see how they solve the economy balance, but this is big start. Way to go.
    Marquis "Howky" Herada,
    First Enlightened Neutral Supreme Creator in RK1 &
    Proud Member of Elite Operations, also visit our Homepage .

Socializer 60%, Killer 53%, Achiever 46% & Explorer 40%

Quote Originally Posted by dokhack
    don't see any reason why the number of high lvls in your org cant easily keep city running, we had 1 person in our org who made 1 bill in a month and not 1 cred came from a heck.
    If you are selling items to an Ingot-laden market, then in some way, you got Ingot money. Even some of the old ways (Loot uber item, sell uber item, repeat) will generate less revenue because people wont have Ingot money to spend on them. This will impact all areas of the economy.

Great move FC, with so many threads about Ely recently I think you've responded to make a lot of people very happy.

Amazing how when there were 10 threads running on Ebay farmers, everyone and their dog wanted to bitch about them, then FC actually do something to get rid of them and suddenly people want to bitch at FC, make up your minds people.

Also, from the ammount of people saying that this will ruin their chance to make money, I guess I missed to 400 farmers a day along the brink, because since the nerf, the only way to make serious money on ingots is to farm them, and that means soloing. In a standard team with alpha loot on, don't tell me you made more in an hour than you would have soloing team missions, because the maths just don't add up.

I say thank god for a partial removal of easy mode. People are getting so used to being spoon fed easy xp in SL that now everyone wants to be spoon fed credits as well.

The biggest problem is people look at higher lvl toons with ubah setups and think "I want that too". What they don't realise is that a lot of the big name 220's have had their main for a significant ammount of time, i.e years, and invested a lot of effort. Now people's idea of a main is something they hecklered up to 200 in a month and expect all the ubah items to just fall from the sky to backup their insane lvling curve.

Maybe we'll start getting back to a game where ubah = time/effort invested, instead of ubah = hecklers/ingots invested.

You want an ubah item for free, take a look at the 1k board.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dromyrdraal
    Maybe we'll start getting back to a game where ubah = time/effort invested, instead of ubah = hecklers/ingots invested.

You want an ubah item for free, take a look at the 1k board.

Reminds me of the days when most ppl had thier 1K board at TL4.

Back when just about everything was free, or a bit of time was spent doing Mercs/Smug/Fred/Tara.
    214/14 Doc Director of Damage, Inc.
    217/12 Sol Antheste my pvp baby
    210/9 Fix the uber Tradeskillin fixah with 1800+ ME/WS/EE
    195 Crat
    166/6 Shade Kierana and loving it.
    and many other alts.

(Edited by Irongryphon: If a leet can figure out who you're naming even if you don't spell out the names, I say it still counts.) LOL this is to funny

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkbane_rk2
    Maybe reduce the value of ingots to stop people farming them but please don't get rid of them, they are used by all people as a source of income. if FC is really serious about sorting things out there are better ways of doing it.
    Keeping ingots in the game is good and people will stop farming them for creds to sell if they can't sell creds anymore.
    I have seen many people farm Ingots, not to sell online, but to outbid everyone on the market forums. NT's surely got a good jump-start on this, but other prof's have done it as well (although less efficiantly). A coupled effect of NT's farming credits is lazy players auto-leveling by teaming nearby, and that will be curbed as well. Go team!

One way of bringing some prices down might be to increase the drop rate of some items. economics works on supply and demand, if the supply is less than the demand then the price goes up, some things sell for 50+ million because there are so few of them. more of them around = lower prices (not too big a increase in drop rate, don't want everything to become as common as Kin of Tarasque...)
    So make awesome items average, you say? If everyone got a free Dchest at character creation (or even make it blitzable), it would also solve this issue, but then it'd be no different than chilled plastisteel... its an amazing (and amazingly overpriced) item because its better than the average, better than the most available. Making it more available would only reduce the enjoyment of actually aquiring said item. Took me nearly three years to get mine, and it was a happy day indeed.

I get monster parts all the time, cant say I get a whole lot of excitement looting one of those after I was higher than lvl 10. You get the idea, making great gear more common takes away part of what makes it great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trussel
    NT's surely got a good jump-start on this, but other prof's have done it as well (although less efficiantly)
    pfft...I could outfarm an NT on hecks any day
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I <3 FC ! ( and pls can i have 1bil now? ktnxbye )

Question, on average, how much money per hour do you ppl make on ely hecks when you are in a team? I have done about 40 levels of hecks and I only got around 10 ingots or something, thats imho not worth the time/effort. RK missions seem like a lot better imho, in 10 levels worth of missions I got around 5m of junk, a few items worth 500k ish and a GA2 :P, and even without the GA2 I feel I was way better off doing missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeperjoe
    GJ FC at wasting your time with a useless patch. Many common people(people with lives) that dont play ao 24/7 spend about 1-3h on ao a day will have to spend that time farming money. Maybe making a mil if you suck at making money. So that means they will have to spend a few days just trying to pay for Kits and upgrading nanos. Everyone cant camp dynas due to there gimp armor and weapons and what newbie really knows what a dyna is?

Just like Ignot farming isnt the only place to get money HECKS arent the only way to level. Blitzing missions at lvl 75? what can you possibly get and even if some itmes are in that ql range what are the drop rates in this game friggin ridiculous. So notw players are spending time grinding just to barely get by. Yall talk about pre sl ways to make money but in pre sl days there werent Bots and all this AI and SL loot. You take away a form of making money but dont add a way to make money, thats smart.

I do think their needed to be a change going about ignots but yall went down the wrong yellow brick road on this one. GJ and making grinding even more longer than it already is. SMH on this one.
    Making money in other ways then hecks is PART of the GAME. imho if ppl dont want to spend time do a few missions its better they go play another game or something.

You can blits at ANY level, there are low level items worth a LOT to highlevel players. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=320326 or http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=151747
    a good list of items.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Quote Originally Posted by Synre
    Question, on average, how much money per hour do you ppl make on ely hecks when you are in a team? I have done about 40 levels of hecks and I only got around 10 ingots or something, thats imho not worth the time/effort. RK missions seem like a lot better imho, in 10 levels worth of missions I got around 5m of junk, a few items worth 500k ish and a GA2 :P, and even without the GA2 I feel I was way better off doing missions.
    Didn't get much ignot in ely heck TEAMS, but when soloing them I get like 1.5-2M worth of ignots, and maybe same amount of monster parts, in an hour (its a guesstimate, not an estimate - might be a bit longer than an hour). This is done with a 170MA, when I get the urge to get some fast creds.

I must say, tho, that I really, really welcome the removal of ignots. Maybe then the only purpose of killing those rocks is to get XP. So thanks again, FC (did it in an earlier post too, thats how much I appreciate it)
    - Faith is in the eye of the beholder -
    Hangfaced, JVC, RK2
    Bargi on other Funcom forums

Thanks FC, this just made things so much easier for me and everyone else that has everything + a huge pile of credits for when LE hits.
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast