Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Quote Originally Posted by Metapowah
    the farmers only farm in ely, not in adonis or somewhere else. sorry but its lame action imo.
    I've seen the known farmers around Adonis too... teams seem a bit heavier there and the farmers can't always ruin it for them.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Missions ftw
    woofwoof!

While this will probably in the beginning create a problem for those with little credits trying to catch up to a very messed up market, it should hopefully make things a bit more bearable after a while, and hopefully reduce that nasty ingot camping and griefing going on too. Lots of nice results of this, thumbs up.

People just have to be patient in the beginning until the marketprices stabilizes, which it will do if you remove one major source of income to the general masses. This should be good.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores
    How did lowbies get creds before SL? *ding ding*
    Everyone knows that credits are a feature of the SL expansion, AO never had credits before SL!!!111one
    Lynyah - 211/11 Solitus Clan Fixer
    Proud Member of Genesis (RK2)

Quote Originally Posted by Boinky
    you can ride around on the TOtW Train and ride the Taraesque (it's a rollercoaster).

Why do I see Ely Brink being Kite hell for the next 72 hours in a desperate scramble for ingots?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Metapowah
    the farmers only farm in ely, not in adonis or somewhere else. sorry but its lame action imo.

and now how the lowbies will get credits? from what i have seen only the 200+ ppl responded here.

Lots of other things to sell. Ingots are hardly the be-all of money making.

Never spent a lot of time on the brink anyway, so its all good news to me. And if the economy deflates a little and some of the prices come down it's even better!

Finally

Thanks FC for getting normal conditions in Ely PF again. This is hopefully bye bye to all the farmers ruin that PF and the joy of playing for others

This is all good
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

I Love You
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

<3!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

unfortunately those guy, who already have farmed billions of credits will become much richer due to this change because the worth of the credits will increase with the deflation. anyway, i was never interested in having extrem amounts of credits and i hunt most of my stuff instead of buying it - so not much will change for me.

summary: good change, but a lil bit too late.
    MP 220|61|21: hanZ # Agent 220|64|18: Znah # NT 206|0|12: Zhan # Doc 140|?|?: Clinique

OMG, Znore ur my hero now <3 <3 thank you

but.... i wonder if the ignot farmers will understand this right away.... it seems like they never read forums... heck, the dont read at all... hehe, they prolly try get ignot`s still after the patch
    Last edited by Zsender; Oct 4th, 2005 at 13:13:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    I miss spoke.
    Arosh 220/22/?? Opisexy Fixer
    Zsender 220/18/?? Nanogimp MP
    Villmedic 187/12/?? Solisexy Docta
    Znipe 150/13/?? Lovely Trox Agent <3<3 Much love!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz
    unfortunately those guy, who already have farmed billions of credits will become much richer due to this change because the worth of the credits will increase with the deflation. anyway, i was never interested in having extrem amounts of credits and i hunt most of my stuff instead of buying it - so not much will change for me.

agreed, it's still gonna take ages to get the market as it should be.. :/
    :-(

Two words:

You and Thank. Though not neccesarily in that order.
    "One can spend their entire life searching for the answer to the question why. But even a life exausted with no answer, is not a life wasted."

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Thank God for that Weeeeeeeeeeeee.

Abit harsh on the upcomming lowbies, but a step in the right direction, Thankyou.
    Good Manners dont cost anything ( please & Thank you ).
    Use them & u get far.
    Dont use them & expect nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz

well for the most annyoing farmers... they was making a life style out of it (aka selling creds on ebay) sure, there someone that don't and will come out with lots of creds. But stil i wod say they removed the most agrissive farmers
    Trancillion - 220 Fixer
    Sweetyla - 220 Adventure
    Tradicol - 220 Trader
    Stickyhands - 220 crat
    Docktaa - 220 Doctor

Thank you.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

This is awesome. Finally something to get rid of the farmers in Ely and to help stabilize the economy. I've heard from a RL friend that ebay economy in the game he played (FF online), ruined the game for him since people would be using RL money to buy stuff and ruin the economy for everyone else.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

This gets my stamp of aproval
    ´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast