Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

GREAT!!!

By far the best move FC has done... DIE IGN0TZ!!!
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by magi001
    Removing the ingots will help probably with the farming problem, but on a side note FC just made the farmers more RL money. The farmers will now horde their credits from ingot sales untill after the removal of ingots. Now that credits are worth more they can go to ebay and sell the same credits for X amount more than they did before. It might deflate the AO economy but for the ingot farmers that planned ahead its going to put alot of money in their pockets.
    No they won't, because they don't read forums.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores
    How did lowbies get creds before SL? *ding ding*
    Yeah but they didn't have to worry about competing with 200+ players ruling the economy and inflated prices ding ding.

This setup will initially really screw all the players in game besides all of those with billions of credits in reserves and those who are already have every uber item in game. You have now made them richer and the rest of those without poorer. Looks to me like you will take from the poor but you won't take from the rich. I haven't seen those people with inflated amounts of credits being effected by this at all.

They are still riding the economic wave and even though slowly they will become poor it will happen gradually and by the end they will have bought 10 times the amount of items and equipment while everyone else has still been denied. So then when their funds balances out with everyone elses and the economy fixes itself their are still no worse off then before the introduction to ingots. The people with these kinds of funds don't even equal half of the game. These are the same people that sell items for the high prices and stay rich in the market because they control the source of content.

You have helped the future of the game maybe 5 years down the road but thats if we ever get to 5 years down the road. I think there needed to be a more immediate solution to follow the removal of ingots etc. Yet now the hot items to vendor will be pearls and monster parts. I know something need to be done but the excess credits in game is still evident and will cause problems for years to come. I hope new and mid level players can survive or are willing to play in such a bad economic environment.

Prices won't drop immediately not until the people in control of the items are desperate for credits. So now we are going to have to wait another 6 months to see results. In the end we pay money to pay for FC mistake on an imbalance in the economy. It would require too much work for FC to fix the damage already done in the game as well.

wooot Nerf those ely kiters. Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf!

Tomorrow, we march on the kiting areas and kill hecklers for xp! Who's with me?
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Tomorrow, we march on the kiting areas and kill hecklers for xp!
    You can do that? Is it even legal?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well hecklers drop monster parts maybe I'll go take my NT and kite hecklers for monster parts now. Cuz that will be just as fast as any other way to make credits in game now. So now I can make 3M per hour maybe more if I play the game in a way not supported by FC which requires excessive grinding. I never see how adding more grinding makes a game even better.

I was just starting to get out of the economic hole and now I will get plunged even further down it. The last nerf did nothing buy make things even more annoying and this will just make things worst for the next 6 months. I might as well just get what credits I can in the next few days and not play for the next 6 months and if the game is still alive by then maybe the economy will have balanced itself out and the game will be playable but that is alot of if's.

Excellent idea!

Im currently levelling my 3rd character through Ely Hecks & never bother with ingots anyway - they are a tiny part of my game income. I would like to see them replaced with either more monster parts for Plasma conversion or, even better, with weapons / armor that a 110 - 150 can actualy use and find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    Yeah but they didn't have to worry about competing with 200+ players ruling the economy and inflated prices ding ding.
    They didn't? I must have been playing another game then... Because the game i played they did as much as they do now... But feel free to enlighten me?

This setup will initially really screw all the players in game besides all of those with billions of credits in reserves and those who are already have every uber item in game. You have now made them richer and the rest of those without poorer. Looks to me like you will take from the poor but you won't take from the rich. I haven't seen those people with inflated amounts of credits being effected by this at all.
    How will it make the poorer poorer as there are allready better ways of making credits than ingots if you just bothered taking the time to find out instead of just taking the easy route...

They are still riding the economic wave and even though slowly they will become poor it will happen gradually and by the end they will have bought 10 times the amount of items and equipment while everyone else has still been denied. So then when their funds balances out with everyone elses and the economy fixes itself their are still no worse off then before the introduction to ingots. The people with these kinds of funds don't even equal half of the game. These are the same people that sell items for the high prices and stay rich in the market because they control the source of content.

You have helped the future of the game maybe 5 years down the road but thats if we ever get to 5 years down the road. I think there needed to be a more immediate solution to follow the removal of ingots etc. Yet now the hot items to vendor will be pearls and monster parts. I know something need to be done but the excess credits in game is still evident and will cause problems for years to come. I hope new and mid level players can survive or are willing to play in such a bad economic environment.

Prices won't drop immediately not until the people in control of the items are desperate for credits. So now we are going to have to wait another 6 months to see results. In the end we pay money to pay for FC mistake on an imbalance in the economy. It would require too much work for FC to fix the damage already done in the game as well.
    Prices on items are allready dropping and they will allways do so for most parts look at alien bots for a good example, market fixes itself rather fast in AO so no it's not a matter of 5 years... It's still easier to make money now than it was before SL regardless of ingots or not it's just a matter of finding out how, which some people wont because hey "Ingots are easy and finding out stuff on my own is dangerous omg"...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    No they won't, because they don't read forums.
    This makes me worried it may be a 1month or so before they stop farming

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    Not what I meant at all, I know very well how to acquire credits
    But if you see how poorly equipped some new people are, because they can't afford proper gear with easy ingots....
    It's not that they can't afford... it's that they either don't want to work for it or don't know how. You know, after getting 5-10 quick levels in SL, some people stop and do something to upgrade their equipment and nanos, and some think they can just join another team and leach a bit more. The first category -- those who are interested in not being gimps (read, those who are interested in being an asset rather than a liability to their teams) -- will find the means to improve their equipment. The second category may have 100+ millions of ingot creds in their pockets (and this is not an exageration) and still be as gimp as it gets.
    Last edited by Valvs; Oct 4th, 2005 at 14:30:48. Reason: fighthing typo gremlins

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill
    This makes me worried it may be a 1month or so before they stop farming
    They will just keep on killing hecklers untill a month or 2 after the patch they figure out it's weird how much the ingot drop has been reduced ...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Wait till everyone that thinks this is great thats below level 100 hits level 180+ and everything starts to become unobtainable. Right around the time when you need items from IS, Sentinels, Mercs, Alien armor, Taraque, etc is when the game becomes rediculus.

Noone wants to help you and everything that you can buy is flat out highway robery to afford and guess what while you make less credits per items you sell due to the nerf those items will still not drop in credits until those who have the items are desperate for credits which considering that poorest of them have roughly 600M to 800M it will be a pretty long time because they already have hnta, rpb, alien armor and weapons etc typically.

So they only need to buy items for low level twinks and for med packs which is nothing compared to what they have. So good luck when you start trying to use the expansion content. Then you'll be like me I have been wearing knight armor for like 40 to 50 levels I'm level 217 presently and still am not very close to getting into some better threads or items.

When you end up having to play the role of 6 to 12 people and end up having not joice but buying every item you need or raiding for it collecing raid pts the game has become a joke. This will only force me to have to put even more hours in with even less gain. I think it might be time to take an extended break from AO now that or all I will do is just mess with alts or something.

Now, all with ingot toons, select your toon's name and press delete! Weee ^^!
    Thanks FC.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs
    It's not that they can't afford... it's that they either don't want to work for it or don't know how. You know, after getting 5-10 quick levels in SL, some people stop and do something to upgrade their equipment and nanos, and some think they can just join another team and leach a bit more. The first category -- those who are interested in not being gimps (read, those who are interested in being an assest rather than a liability to their teams) -- will find the means to improve their equipment. The second category may have 100+ millions of ingot creds in their pockets (and this is not an exageration) and still be as gimp as it gets.
    What might help at this point is upping the crazy drop rate on some key PB patterns, and sorting out T2 drops... I'd hate to be a new player having to self-fund an entire suite of that lot. There's achievement, and then there's grinding like you're still doing your day job, and that's hardly going to be attractive to new players.

This is incidental to the thread however, & probably needs one of it's own to take it any further.

Ingot farming is not the only way to make money. Blitzing and dyna camping are great ways to make creds. And if you insist on kiting, charge people to lvl them or maybe kite spirits for novi?

LOLOL Nerf Nerf Nerf
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

*cheers!*
    'A fearsome enemy, that one friend who does not mirror but mocks when mockery is needed.'

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs
    It's not that they can't afford... it's that they either don't want to work for it or don't know how.
    That's right, typically people don't want to 'work' for their money in a 'game', they'd rather have 'fun'

The casual player loses here. Higher level people like you and me won't notice much of a difference. People with limited playtime that would rather spend it having fun, not endlessly blitz missions just to be able to afford their basic armor and weapons, will probably be looking at other games.
    Me, I'll just sell my loot to mission blitzers instead of ingot farmers.
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

omg THANK YOU !!!!!

ps: I really mean that.

Talking

tis is sweeet
    Paazuzu 220/19 Meta Fascist Paazuzu 9/1 Carebear
    Ballthazar 206/11 Grease Rat

';..;'

It's about time, GOOD JOB FUNCOM!
    I wear your petition as a badge of Honour.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast