Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

So instead of being able to lvl and get creds of hecks to keep their equipment kinda upto date people may have to stop lvling and actually work on their chars???

I really dont see this as a bad thing. People who out level their equipment and cant afford better stuff deserve exactly what they get imo. In a way this may reduce heck noobs as well.

PS as a doc i always forgot to loot as teams tended to move fast and you cant loot while casting. I made all my cash from symbs back in the day and its still a profitable business.

FC: Come on out NTs, we've got some cool new nanos for you. You are getting FC luv from now on

NTs: Wha?
    *run out to play
    Weeeeeeee, FC loves us again

FC: Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! LOL you just got wtfnerfed.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    FC: Come on out NTs, we've got some cool new nanos for you. You are getting FC luv from now on

NTs: Wha?
    *run out to play
    Weeeeeeee, FC loves us again

FC: Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! LOL you just got wtfnerfed.
    Not all NTs consider themselves ingot farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    The casual player loses here. Higher level people like you and me won't notice much of a difference. People with limited playtime that would rather spend it having fun, not endlessly blitz missions just to be able to afford their basic armor and weapons, will probably be looking at other games.
    Me, I'll just sell my loot to mission blitzers instead of ingot farmers.
    Theres a certain satisfaction you get from achieveing self imposed goals instead of lvl goals. I know a casual player who spent a week doing roch and dalja garden and sanc quests. Didnt get much else done inbetween but he was happy at the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    The casual player loses here. Higher level people like you and me won't notice much of a difference. People with limited playtime that would rather spend it having fun, not endlessly blitz missions just to be able to afford their basic armor and weapons...
    If I were a noob in SL, I'd be pretty freakin irked that I upgraded my account just to find out that I need to go blitz missions on RK.

Why not put credits on SL mobs? Or... something! What the heck are real noobs supposed to do? Not xp in SL?

Needed change, I agree, but the implementation is pathetic.

This isin't about the in-game economy. This is about complaints and petitions and emails taking up too much time.

If only they could come up with a way to make credits that isn't overly farmable and doesnt involve camping.......
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Killrmeta
    If only they could come up with a way to make credits that isn't overly farmable and doesnt involve camping.......
    How about an allowance?
    Hey Uncle FC I require 1b a month kthxbye
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLoveLess
    If I were a noob in SL, I'd be pretty freakin irked that I upgraded my account just to find out that I need to go blitz missions on RK.

Why not put credits on SL mobs? Or... something! What the heck are real noobs supposed to do? Not xp in SL?

This isin't about the in-game economy. This is about complaints and petitions and emails taking up too much time.
    Scheol patterns/noviticum are easy to farm as small team/solo. Peren barrels are easy to farm. Pearls are easy to farm. t1 is eays to farm.

All that people seem to be complaining about is the fact that XP and creds arent one in the same anymore. Couldnt have wished for anything better... hopefully hecknoobs wont make it past ely now.

ROFL FC you must be the most stupid company ever...

When you cant nerf Traders more you even find a away to nerf them even more.............. not getring cash for selling ingots too ppl anymore..

Im so glad www.piratesoftheburningsea.com will be out soon

Casual players will certainly gain from this since they can now log on for that single hour and get some SK in Ely in that hour instead of being sent to reclaim 5 times because of Ingot farmers.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Ehh.. if removing the ingot-creds is needed then how can this be a "pathetic implementation?"

And as for XPing in SL, it's in no way affected. There're more ways than ingots to earn creds in SL, just as there's actually more ways to XP than hecklers.
    And if this makes people spend time in both SL and RK, thus increasing their game knowledge, then how can that be a bad thing?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Supert Snorre!! What we needed, as I just saw someone mentioning ignot farming in Naesence!! OMG

Anyway, for creds, there are such things as pearls that has a decent droprate in some dungeons around SL and gives almost as much creds as ignots, and you even might be getting faction from it, and -"gasp"- you might get a boss to loot for stuff and things.

So next thing is chinese pearl divers in Ado and Pen dungeons... no wait, they don't know how to handle those mobs...
    - Faith is in the eye of the beholder -
    Hangfaced, JVC, RK2
    Bargi on other Funcom forums

If the original ingot nerf is any indication, prices will adjust rather quickly imo. A few examples on rimor: pre-ingot-nerf prices were like 50-80M/blue aban; 30-50M/FRN; and symbiants were considerably more expensive across the board with eyes/brains approaching 100M (if not more).

Ever since the ingot nerf, prices on these items have quickly declined and recently stabalized. Now you're lucky to get 20-30M/blue aban and I don't even know what FRN's are-- 10-15M maybe. Eye/Brain symbs average around 10-20M...or less(depends on QL/type -- some QL 200 brains are in 3M range now ffs). I realize there are some other factors affecting price like removing the unique tag from symbs and the addition of player shops, but I don't think any of these had a bigger affect on the economy than the ingot nerf.

I say 2-3 months and economy will be fairly stable again.

Kudos to FC for finally addressing this issue. This is a fairly extreme solution, but will categorically end ingot farming in ely (and everywhere else for that matter).
    Last edited by Vlain; Oct 4th, 2005 at 16:33:52.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Genetica
    not getring cash for selling ingots too ppl anymore..
    Funny, I see a bunch of traders saying that they sell all sorts of stuff for people, not just ingots..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Thumbs up

Great job guys much needed nerf
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Thank you FC for listening! I'm a little hesitant about the loss of income to new players - removing ingots on gray mobs may have been my idea of the ideal solution - but the lowering of inflation in general should hopefully help them out after things settle.
    Micas - 212 Trader
    Centria - 218 Doc and Undead Priest
    Rookie Cisera - 60 MP
    Apprentice Fielty - 111 Agent
    Novice Cisere - 76 MP
    Shamgarr - 70 Druid
    -::Chaotic Order *AP*::-

!!! Finaly !!!

omg!! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx!

Where is my NT? I am geting him back in game

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that if a significant chunk of the playerbase complains about a certain aspect of the game, that's a reason FC should not do anything about?!? I could understand if you didn't like the change itself, even if I disagree, but colour me befuddled at seeing anyone carp that FC listened to the players and addressed an issue that was of concern to many.

I, for one, am very glad to see this change. I haven't had a toon on Ely brink in a while but I know what a huge problem it's been there. Plus, while the extra credit sinks and ingot value reduction have been bringing prices down, the economy is still inflated. Making it so that the highest xp/SK and easiest credits are no longer on the same mob will do much to restore both the viability of Ely for the players it's really intended for and the prices of things in-game.

As for the player who thinks this will take 5 years to sort out, that's just plain nonsense. The game hasn't even been around that long to date, yet the economy has fluctuated numerous times. And, in truth, this change will actually increase the relative wealth of newer, lower level players over the medium- to long-term. As the economy deflates (as it must with a major source of credit creation removed), each credit they have will have relatively more purchasing power. Probably best, of course, for any player with limited funds to hold off on any large purchases for a bit to see how prices realign.
    Teljanin Doctor (Gear)(Perks) - General of Obsidian Order
    Quiverdance Trader (Gear)(Perks)
    Dollashort Fixer (Perks)
    + several others spread across three accounts....

Woefallen's Guide To Teaming With A Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Genetica
    ROFL FC you must be the most stupid company ever...

When you cant nerf Traders more you even find a away to nerf them even more.............. not getring cash for selling ingots too ppl anymore..
    Not sure about it, I always regarded people asking my trader to sell their stuff as a nuisance...

wonderful improvement, now my alts won't have to worry about OD'ing a 200+

now that this is out of the way, TIME TO FIX MY TOOLSET! plz kthx :P

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast