Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

It's too bad actions like this are needed as of course it affects many more people than the folks who warranted the action, but if it's gotten that bad I guess it's probably better for many. I'm curious if anyone who speaks out about this has to fight much higher level ingot farmers in Ely, or are they powerleveling their 2nd 200+ char in Inf and could care less about anyone else's problems
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

back to blitzing

lets see the sweatshop make a "blitzbot"
    or a "missionbot" where you dont have to play to do a mission
    o wait engies got that already
    GeneticFreak
    [216/20] Martial Artist
    General of The Dojo

Songs for AO

Well i have a feeling we will see more and more one man city farmers and this must be a good new for all who have a 220 advy/doc inferno farmer toon(like all who posted "WOOT ty FC"...

I have a 217 shade well equiped and some new AO player from my org asked me: "hey im 150 what's the good armor items for chest as a shade?
    -well dchest is best or some AI armor for higher lvl i guess...
    -Ermm i have 25m atm how much for a dchest?
    -*whispers* 350m if you are lucky :/ "
    And this guy plays AO since a few month and this shade is his main.So it's like "yes man you need 2 years to get a nice setup for your main..."
    1/2 chances he quits game, life is boring enough to let yourself getting bored in a game

Problem is that for most good items prices didnt drop at all or even increased.And as lunette said casual players will probably quit as it will be just way too boring to get a good setup.Just look at bots prices..
    Remove ely farmers is nice but i dont think it was the best way to do it.

"Begone, ye ingots, for ye are foul, and smelly." Marc. 23, 4-5.

Finally, good move FC

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyFighter
    !!! Finaly !!!

omg!! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx! tnx!

Where is my NT? I am geting him back in game
    If you are serious, I think that is great. Very honorable.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

This is good news but it won't stop the ely farmers. They will still be there for the monster parts and might even go as far as camping dynas. What funcom should do is just ban the farmers. I mean it's so easy to tell if they are farmers or not. Level 200+ with gunners cap, organic combat suit, basic jobe helmet, albrecht tank armor, frost, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucckevin
    This is good news but it won't stop the ely farmers. They will still be there for the monster parts and might even go as far as camping dynas. What funcom should do is just ban the farmers. I mean it's so easy to tell if they are farmers or not. Level 200+ with gunners cap, organic combat suit, basic jobe helmet, albrecht tank armor, frost, etc.
    Sadly, this does not mean they are necessarily a farmer. I've seen many a noob in this condition. There are some really clueless people playing this game that do nothing but hecklebate.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bucckevin
    Amen... I'm a bit concerned about what they may do next, I really think banning them is crucial for any solution. It takes a good while to get to their level, every ban would set them back a long time.
    Micas - 212 Trader
    Centria - 218 Doc and Undead Priest
    Rookie Cisera - 60 MP
    Apprentice Fielty - 111 Agent
    Novice Cisere - 76 MP
    Shamgarr - 70 Druid
    -::Chaotic Order *AP*::-

Quote Originally Posted by Micas
    Amen... I'm a bit concerned about what they may do next, I really think banning them is crucial for any solution. It takes a good while to get to their level, every ban would set them back a long time.
    Im pretty sure they dont lvlv those chars most likely ebayed

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    Noone wants to help you and everything that you can buy is flat out highway robery to afford...[blah blah blah]... Then you'll be like me I have been wearing knight armor for like 40 to 50 levels I'm level 217 presently and still am not very close to getting into some better threads or items...[more blah]...When you end up having to play the role of 6 to 12 people and end up having not joice but buying every item you need or raiding for it collecing raid pts the game has become a joke. This will only force me to have to put even more hours in with even less gain...I think it might be time to take an extended break from AO now that or all I will do is just mess with alts or something.
    ...Hmmm, so what you're saying about this particular MMORPG is that you don't like camping, raiding, working with teams for items, working for credits to buy items, or making new friends that are willing to help you get items you need?

LOL!

Yea, I think you're right. You need an extended break from AO. Go play Unreal Tournament.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

WHOPPIE!!!!

I almost feel like crying thats how happy I am!

*backflip*

Thanks FC!
    Anders - Gothenburg - Sweden
    All chars proud members of
    Wen-Tzu Enclave
    Wen-Tzu is recruting, visit our homepage!
    RK1 player. Achiever 80% Explorer 80% Socializer 36% Killer 6%

Galira -- Adventurer -- 205/10 -- General
    Bhaltazar -- Engineer -- 137/4 -- Tyrainus -- MP -- 135/3
    Aventalia -- Nanotech -- 108/3 -- Rahlika -- MA -- 107/2
    Odeftel -- Keeper -- 106/4 -- Velineen -- Fixer -- 105
    Ozzle -- Crat -- 104/2 -- Miaygio -- Doctor --89/4
    Vhladimir -- Enforcer -- 71/4 -- Jadsia -- Agent -- 71/3
    Rimildia -- Shade -- 71 -- Feliciart -- Trader -- 70/2

now reduce the price of jobe armour to compensate the lower levels who benefit most from the ingots.

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    How about an allowance?
    Hey Uncle FC I require 1b a month kthxbye
    Lol...yea where's my food stamps damnit!!
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

The only easier ways you suggest are doing things that still invovles taking as much time if not longer. I've been there done that. Ingots weren't as involving of a grinding process where as everything else either revovles round camping dynas, camping other bosses or missions. Then selling them to either vendors for credits which usually equal around 10 to 15M per hour at best.

That which even after the nerf I could make with ingots. Then there is dyna camping which invovles being able to kill the mobs that drop the items that sell for good prices and being willing camp it for an eternity. People only pay a high price for things that are hard to get on their own period.

Meaning that unless its not tricky for the other person or they are just clueless then its going to be just as painstaking for you unless you are uber and twinked already. So maybe if I was twinked and could solo every mob quickly and easily then it may be an option however its not. There are alot of factors to consider and to make credits reliably in game that allow a player to do anything but make credits in this game there is not better way than to grind something and vendor it. Items that sell to other players adjust due to the amount of credits available to players.

If they can't vendor credits quickly enough then they don't have the funds to buy the items and eventually when those people possesing the items can't make credits anymore then they drop the price until someone is willing to buy it.

Also Pre SL back in the good old days everyone were nuebs everyone had to start at lvl 1 and go up so back then people had to band together and didn't have to worry about competing with some twinked out alt or high level player overruning a camp or area. Everyone started out with zero credits and everyone was broke.

It was after people really started leveling etc and when they got super equipped and the number of these people started to be felt in the game is things started to get out of hand on pricing. So yeah if you want to remove the source of SL credits great then also suck out the credits that SL introduced by scaling everyones credits down.

This would force prices to drop for everyone and everything would be resonable to get. Yet FC won't do this because they prob can't change peoples credits with just a couple field changes in the DB they would have to manually change each person credits by a percentage. So that would mean changing maybe hundreds of thousands of DB enteries and so what is FC doing they do the quickest and easiest change possible for them but not for the players.

When I go to try and buy high end items and realize my options and ability to draw in funds has been removed causing me to result to either camping or click savering items just to make credits at a fast and reliable rate to buy items going for 1/3 of the max credits a character can hold I'll remember how people won't think this won't cause unneeded pain for the player base. The players who are on top who have everything they need don't need to worry.

I am far or prob will never know what it means to be on top of the economic ladder. When person A gets an item after 6 months of time they don't find it wrong that its now taking people 2 years just to get the same item. Some variance is ok on how long it takes to get something but when a person starts to believe that what high level players consider common is unobtainable and are the only items worth using anymore this is where issues arise. That doesn't seem very fun or even right.

I pay for service not for a diservice. Why should I pay for a game to never go anywhere in it or not to get something enjoyable out of it. The game offers no rewards for normal high level players. The community at the high end is what I wouldn't call a community. You can't really ask people for help nor try to make friends people are too busy and want to be left alone. People are way to elitests and even look down on people when they aren't as supped up as them yet its these same people that prevent others from ever getting out of this endless rut.

Wow! Somebody loves typing
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

I was in a team on my lowbie today and saw at LEAST 10 ingot farmers running around killing heckler just for ingots. Even saw the infamous Hhli on my travels. This change is welcome by me, as people that actually do want to level off heckler in Ely can do so in relative peace now.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Yay! I might actually level my Enf through Ely now. On the otherside what will I loot from Notum Scourges other than a spirit shroud. heh.
    Medithor 220 OT Eternalist Equip
    Luvr 204 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    or they are just clueless
    [...]
    Also Pre SL back in the good old days everyone were nuebs everyone had to start at lvl 1
    [...]
    This would force prices to drop for everyone and everything would be resonable to get.
    [...]
    when a person starts to believe that what high level players consider common is unobtainable and are the only items worth using anymore this is where issues arise. That doesn't seem very fun or even right.

I pay for service not for a diservice. Why should I pay for a game to never go anywhere in it or not to get something enjoyable out of it. The game offers no rewards for normal high level players. The community at the high end is what I wouldn't call a community. You can't really ask people for help nor try to make friends people are too busy and want to be left alone. People are way to elitests and even look down on people when they aren't as supped up as them yet its these same people that prevent others from ever getting out of this endless rut.
    More or less in order:

Plenty of clueless people around in AO/SL..

What level does people start at now?

No, it wouldn't foce prices down because some people have absolutely no comprehension for the fact that a price is a compromise between what the seller wants and the buyer will give, tempered with the amount of available cash in the economy. They'll still charge a badjillion and they won't learn.

Yes, this last part I agree with, to a degree. Some people are indeed judging others by their equipment and there has been cases of people rejecting to team someone based solely on the player not having some ubar item. Often on the boards you'll see someone patronize people for using mixed armor at low/mid levels - not entirely remembering that they wear mixed high-level gear, and when reminded saying that the levels make the diff.
    But they're the minority and you don't need to follow them, there're plenty of other, nicer people in AO.

In conclusion, this was needed and it was (finally) done.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

FINALLY

bye bye ingotfarmers.... stop ruining the game k thnx
    yes i am! ... no wait im not .. nvm

um. Why not just make ingots unique?

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast