Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Quote Originally Posted by Metapowah
    the farmers only farm in ely, not in adonis or somewhere else. sorry but its lame action imo.

and now how the lowbies will get credits? from what i have seen only the 200+ ppl responded here.
    It's called mission loot. Go try it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet
    Can anyone tell me, as a post-ingot-nerf player, how to gather 200M+ alone for the SL nano crystals for ONE of my chars?
    Sell things to shops. While some chars do have a lot to buy from garden vendors (docs and engineers come to mind most..), 200mil is not an unreasonable amount of money for a character to get my the time they reach level 220. A bag full of monster parts sells for more than 1.5mil converted and into the trader shop. You're telling me that on your way to 220 you can't manage to scrap together less than 100 bags full of monsterparts? This is only the most basic example of a money generating mechanism that does not rely on other players to give you the money. You can of course get things others want, and sell them but it seems prices on those may go down a little more again. Blitz animas, blitz battlesuits, (500k-1mil ea), blitz team mission bosses (CRU + shop fodder). If the method you were using to get to 200mil credits was to kill rocks over and over and over again, you truly have my pity.

Or how to gather 800M+ to buy a dragon armor or alien armor parts?
    Don't. Both of these items are considered by many to be the best items in the game so either consider that A) you might have to actually work if you want to have the best items in the game, or B) neither of these items are nodrop. Join a tara bot, build points, and win yourself a DChest. Do some AI raids, kill some generals, and get yourself some bots.

The high players who joined before the ingot nerf will still have their hundreds of millions in the bank, and the prices for the good and rare items won't drop a single percent. Or did anyone actually see prices drop after the last two nerfs? No.
    Not sure what game you're playing, but the two "good and rare" items you mentioned went down quite a bit at the last ingot nerf. On RK-1 Dchest was going upwords of 900mil+ pre nerf. Now there are many selling for 500mil+. That's a bit more than a single percent. A while back the best AI bots were going for 400mil+. I don't know of any AI bots now going for more than 200mil something. The lesser ones like spiritual and enduring are now in the 10-20mil range.

I for one am happy they are finally doing this. Maybe SL will actually be a practical place to level my alts again.

For people speculating about the effect this will have on the AO economy, let me give you an example of the total ingot devaluation in 15.9:

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrosis
    Platinum ingots were devalued by 75% (now worth 25% of what they were pre-15.9)
    Osmium ingots were devalued by 60%
    Gold ingots were devalude by 37%
    Iridium ingots were devalude by 12%
    Silver ingots have not been changed since 15.5.
    These are the individual value reductions. If we factor in the fact that a platinum ingot used to be worth more than 10x what a silver ingot was, we see that the average value of the ingot (total value of 5 ingots same QL, 1 of each type) went down 60%. The prices of items did not go down to 40% of what they were so I can only conclude that people are actually finding money elsewhere! *shock*

Go sniff these places out and you too can be free of endlessly killing grey rocks for mediocre income.

I don't think this is going to help the economy..

Cities are a huge money sink...

Now that ignots are no more, there will be much less of a credit flow into the economy, prices across the board will drop to relative levels given some time.. however, cities will remain the same to support?

This feels like a giant disaster.

EDIT: I'm not an ingot pharmer, I haven't touched a heckler for months.. I just don't see how such a wide sweeping, hard hitting change is NOT going to CRUSH poor people in the economy (like me).
    Last edited by ZeoCrystal; Oct 4th, 2005 at 17:09:41.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Fr00bs should not get what they don't pay for, nuff said.
    Ignorance is bliss I guess. Is it really that hard to see the logic in letting froobs getting access to purchase via the markets? The ones who would potentially benefit MOST from this is the AI owners themselves if anything. Frobbs still wouldn't be able to sell via the markets, so in that way they would still not be taking part of the real AI content.

Opening up the markets to more players would make them more profitable for the owners, especially now in the light of ingot removal. It would suddenly be more lucrative to sell non AI and non-SL items to froob players.

Froobs can still purchase items via the trade chat channel. They can even purchase Ai and SL items that way. They just can't use it. So in what way would opening up the markets for more purchasers give the froobs something they don't pay for?

No, it just makes life better for the AI owners, and if anything gives more incentives to buy the expansion if you don't already.

For the love of... Is thinking allowed here?
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

No labelslave the worlds gonna end, now throw your hands in the air and run around.

This is just gonna destroy any plans I had.

Rich get richer, poor get poorer, thanks Funcom.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Sounds fair, I dont mind being short on Creds personally for a while if it means those farmerf00ks can't make real $ on selling creds.

Why not make P7 area PvP Allowed for the next 72h? Any Highbie wanna get back at the farmers...go camp it out )

2 Thumbs up! I think this is a very good idea.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix
    do mercs to help them get a hnta or merc armor. Instead its more like everyone even those who don't need it can bid on the item. This is how orgs for the longest time have done things. Unless you are in a org that is new and have players who have not be heavily influenced by the mindsets of many of the high end player base then you will encounter this. If I ask nicely people will just say maybe some other time or I don't see why you can't just buy it or some other mundain response.
    Ehh.. everyone with raidpoints can bid on it, if I got it right. That means you've participated (actively) in the raids. If you don't want to do that, no phatzzorz.
    And btw, if "merc armor" is the same as Azure then any guildie saying you should buy it doesn't know the meaning of Nodrop..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Also please start permabanning players that are farming to sell for real life money on places like Ebay. They really do ruin the fun for others just wanting to play the game

This change is a good thing with the igots but how about you increase the loot in other places like in missions or on bosses in Rubi Ka to have a carrot along with your stick?

Also please add more missions in SL in the lower level zones. Also it would be nice if you added bosses in SP missions in RK.

Take something away and add something please.

Last edited by _Bonk_; Oct 4th, 2005 at 17:27:56.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Yeah, go to ebay and do some undercover job there. Sure you can find plenty to shake around and ban.
    GeneticFreak
    [216/20] Martial Artist
    General of The Dojo

Songs for AO

Quote Originally Posted by iNstabil
    Sounds fair, I dont mind being short on Creds personally for a while if it means those farmerf00ks can't make real $ on selling creds.

Why not make P7 area PvP Allowed for the next 72h? Any Highbie wanna get back at the farmers...go camp it out )
    Ely at 25% gas all the time would make me reconsider my views on that zone :P

One thumb up - you've fixed Ely, and maybe chased a few ppl out of the game.

One thumb down - Jobe armor costs 7million to buy. Now new players wont have anywhere near that by level 120 from leveling. Low level new players are going to have to take time out to raise cash. For hardcore players this is not that bad, but for the casual player this will be annoying as hell.

Not sure if I like this.

edit: monster parts are still worth some creds, and there are other methods of raising creds, so this aint that bad.
    Last edited by grimmy; Oct 4th, 2005 at 17:25:53.
    A murder of grims for all occasions.
    Neutral chars: grimstad 220.21 shade/ brothergrim 215.23 doc/ grimgriminy 217.17 crat
    Account closed

Time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal.

Well, f**k them. Make it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    This is just gonna destroy any plans I had.

Rich get richer, poor get poorer, thanks Funcom.
    Don't be stupid... I never farmed ingots for credits at all, nor did I sell any dragon chests, farm symbiants or that much novictum (which was nerfed by missions) and I didn't farm inferno for uber phats either, cause I can't... But nonetheless I ended up at over 1 billion credits in about 2 months ... So please, cry your tears elsewhere if you want money, they're right there waiting for you. It's only a matter of actually knowing how to get them

Gods, to think that they actually require people to think some now
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Works for me. I thought it was lame that high level players were hunting greys for ingots that lower level players could be hunting for xp. If nobody else were around, it would be fine, but let's face it - for pure xp, Hecklers are the mob of choice.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

The real problem is that getting money has just become much more time-consuming. This shifts the quota between leisure playing and farming burden. Just because I have less ways to gather money doesn't mean the yuttos don't want 12M for their memories, or the garden vendors won't charge me 14M for each of the 8h compos anymore (remember, each char usually needs four of them..), and the other must-have-nanos etc won't drop in price either. Would you take a 210+ Doc on an Inferno mission with you when you know he didn't yet have the 30M for the second and/or third SL heal nano because he's a casual player and doesn't have the time to farm money? Or an Enfo who drops dead on every second or third mob because he can't afford the 100M which the various HP buffs in SL still do cost?
    Making it harder to get money makes a game more work and less fun. Not a smart move.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmy
    One thumb down - Jobe armor costs 7million to buy. Now new players wont have anywhere near that by level 120 from leveling. Low level new players are going to have to take time out to raise cash. For hardcore players this is not that bad, but for the casual player this will be annoying as hell. .
    Plenty of newer/low level players have bought 5m Yalms earlier than that. Industrious players should still be able to afford it.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by grimmy
    One thumb up - you've fixed Ely, and maybe chased a few ppl out of the game.

One thumb down - Jobe armor costs 7million to buy. Now new players wont have anywhere near that by level 120 from leveling. Low level new players are going to have to take time out to raise cash. For hardcore players this is not that bad, but for the casual player this will be annoying as hell.

Not sure if I like this.
    Do some normal missions to lvl. At lvl 70-120 there's easily faster lvling in RK missions than in SL, and in that many missions you can easily find loot that will produce much more than 7 million credits.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Don't be stupid... I never farmed ingots for credits at all, nor did I sell any dragon chests, farm symbiants or that much novictum (which was nerfed by missions) and I didn't farm inferno for uber phats either, cause I can't... But nonetheless I ended up at over 1 billion credits in about 2 months ... So please, cry your tears elsewhere if you want money, they're right there waiting for you. It's only a matter of actually knowing how to get them

Gods, to think that they actually require people to think some now
    You're the ******* here for being so blind.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by _Bonk_
    Also please start permabanning players that are farming to sell for real life money on places like Ebay. They really do ruin the fun for others just wanting to play the game

This change is a good thing with the igots but how about you increase the loot in other places like in missions or on bosses in Rubi Ka to have a carrot along with your stick?
    That would be at least a partially sane idea, so Funcom surely won't do it.
    Companies like IGE are around since years, and Funcom never managed to either sue them or at least ban their trade chars. They never managed to get any single ebay credits auction removed. They don't even bother to do anything in that field. The ingot removal is just another knee-jerk move without much thinking beforehand.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast