Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had a dream about AO last night.

Lightbulb I had a dream about AO last night.

In my dream my MA was actually performing Martial Arts moves instead of just punching mobs. I was so pleased to see my MA kicking.

And then reality set in when I woke up and started playing ...

Talking I had one the other night

I was my fixer and I was hunting down this female soldier that had switched sides to omni. I found and killed who I thought was her, but found out since she was in full armor and my Identifier wasnt working I had killed the wrong one. I met her again in the Grid in plain clothes (I guess it made sense in my dream that everyone doesnt run around in armor all the time[edit]but we were in human form in the grid? DOH! hehe well, it was a dream after all[/edit]) and she never realized it was me, until I stupidly pulled out something that I had taken from her dead remains like a lighter or phone or something and she recognized it and proceded to ram us both into the closest exit and she had her armor appear on her with a click of a button (that seemed to make sense since it is 30,000 years in the future) and blasted me all to hell before I knew what was what. I ressurected naked in the middle of Omni-1 for some reason instead of Tir and then I woke up.
    Last edited by godthe bugs!!!!; Dec 14th, 2001 at 17:46:03.

I dreamed that my bureaucrat was a bureaucrat and could influence people and create missions and be a diplomat.

Scorus

i dreamed advs could solo

I dreamed that I was part of the rebel clans which were attempting to overthrow Omnitek.

Then I woke up and killed some more cyborgs.

I had a dream that AO was complete. All the weapons worked, all the tradeskills worked (and even made sense!), all the armor and weapons had correct descriptions, and a lot of it was worth using. Heck, even the cities was a pleasure to roam. I was so impressed with the gameplay, and the missions, wow the missions were cool. Even had assassinate missions for omni players (Im clan) where you could track and kill them even in 75% zones.

But then, I woke up and again wondered why i havent cancelled my acount yet, and remember that I used the 6 month pay plan, so im in till Feb 2002. :/

-Baldie
    http://www.Just-Gamers.com - Web Hosting for Gamers
    1.5 Gig Disk Space and 10 Gb of Monthy Bandwith for $6.00 a Month!
    All the features you want, more disk space then you need,
    Loads of bandwidth, and $6 a month! Oh yea, btw...
    No Setup Fee and the first month is free! Hello? Sign up already

I had a dream that I could go into a subway and travel somewhere like the manual said I could.
    I had a dream that the M in MA stood for martial not minimum.
    I had a dream that the amnesty ended and I could hunt Lush Fields without clanners there any more
    I had a dream that I could get my 60th token. I've been stuck at 59 for like 15 fully completed 60% missions now.
    I had a dream that the map I bought for Dry Wastes was actually some place in the game.
    I had a dream that I didn't have to reboot every couple of hours to free memory up.

I woke up...and I saw Luclin to be buggy and AO look good by comparison and I was happy.

Geeze, you all need to stop daydreaming

i wonder if funcom actually reads any of this stuff....

When you start having dreams about the game and imagine yourself as charachters, that's a signal to stop playing
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Re: I had a dream about AO last night.

Originally posted by zeroframerate
    In my dream my MA was actually performing Martial Arts moves instead of just punching mobs. I was so pleased to see my MA kicking.

And then reality set in when I woke up and started playing ...

Scary **** man, two days ago I dreamt my MA was doing proper kicks and martial arts as well. I play too much ^.^ Well at least i've cancelled my account already

-Wudang

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Funcom GM: I'm sure when it gets resolved, there will be a solution"
    "Funcom: We're working on trying to fix the problem"

dreams

lol
    maybe you guys play this game too much ?

I dreamt I was eating a burrito for lunch at Chipotle. Mmm yeah baby.

ROFL

this board cracks me up hehe, we all play too much huh..

>>In my dream my MA was actually performing Martial Arts moves instead of just punching mobs. <<
    I'm sure active MAs appreciate their full range of Special Moves, the anims have all been fixed. Angel of Night might have a ****ty refresh time, but it looks damn cool. Wondering if any other MA moves use the same anim, but are viable combat options...

>>I had a dream that the map I bought for Dry Wastes was actually some place in the game. <<
    Working on Dry Wastes when I have time. Look out for Masked Commandoes & a drop on Omni-0! Likely expansion pack material though, not on the patch horizon yet.

>>I dreamt I was eating a burrito for lunch at Chipotle. Mmm yeah baby.<<
    I was just trying to remember the name of that restaurant a couple of days ago. BURRITO HEAVEN! Damn Chipotle rules, its probably the number one thing I miss about Texas. Oh wait, the Ghenkis Khan mongolian grille was good too! And Fuddruckers!

>>I had a dream that I could go into a subway<<
    We're turning this concept into a static dungeon at the mo. Should be level 5-25 in all startup cities.

Originally posted by Cranium
    >>In my dream my MA was actually performing Martial Arts moves instead of just punching mobs. <<
    I'm sure active MAs appreciate their full range of Special Moves, the anims have all been fixed. Angel of Night might have a ****ty refresh time, but it looks damn cool. Wondering if any other MA moves use the same anim, but are viable combat options...

>>I had a dream that the map I bought for Dry Wastes was actually some place in the game. <<
    Working on Dry Wastes when I have time. Look out for Masked Commandoes & a drop on Omni-0! Likely expansion pack material though, not on the patch horizon yet.

>>I dreamt I was eating a burrito for lunch at Chipotle. Mmm yeah baby.<<
    I was just trying to remember the name of that restaurant a couple of days ago. BURRITO HEAVEN! Damn Chipotle rules, its probably the number one thing I miss about Texas. Oh wait, the Ghenkis Khan mongolian grille was good too! And Fuddruckers!

>>I had a dream that I could go into a subway<<
    We're turning this concept into a static dungeon at the mo. Should be level 5-25 in all startup cities.
    Wow, if only we got in depth responses like this from devs more often... except on current threads that have a point.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

If devs would come and answer more like this only lag whiners and idealists would be on the board
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I had a dream I was at a guild meeting last Monday. In it, we all said we were getting bored with the game and probably wouldn't be playing so much anymore. I remember I said 'Hey, maybe if we did something different, it would ****e things up a bit!' I suggested that we go to Smuggler's Den on some midweek day the following week at an off hour we could have some fun fighting side-by-side as brothers in arms like we used to do and have a blast and maybe even get some decent loot. Afterwords we would talk for an hour about the different things we saw and fought along the way, lament our deaths, and drink to our victories.

This was my dream.

The reality: We get rooted and killed as we try to get to the entrance. Someone tells us when we are in the zone-in room that this dungeon was 'their's' and that we shouldn't even bother to continue. We move in and some level 200 character proceeds to bring the whole dungeon into the room we're fighting in and /terminate herself. We regroup and this happens twice more. As we start killing things, a couple of 180's start to fight the same things we do and manages to get the experience for every kill. We make it to the end of the cave part of the dungeon and there's no epic encounter for us.

We all give FunCom a virtual /flip and log off having learned that the game is all about camping and interminable mission after mission until you log in only once a week and then finally never log in anymore.

I remember having a subsequent dream and it's just me and the Guild President talking in chat as he's in some mission with some group of people he doesn't even know and I'm running some twink alt Nanomage Enforcer at lvl 30. We realize that's it's just been him every so often in a pickup group and me trying to relive some of the fun of actually having options to do things.

Then it fades to black ....

Almost every post that Cranium makes is worth about a thousand Cosmik and Cz posts put together.

No personal offense towards either, it's just that 'I'll get back to you on this', 'We're looking into this', and 'What do you think about this?' followed by stark silence gets to you after a while.

As I said, it's probably not their fault, they just don't seem to have access to any information regarding how the game works or what direction it's going. Making the best of a bad situation it seems and trying to keep the situation light while things keep getting darker with respect to having any fun in-game.

Everytime I see the Cranium post either here or FCranium post over at the Vault, there's value to be found in the words. Everything he's said has come to pass or not as stated.

This is the feedback we want on the boards.

Why is it so hard to get a response to such issues as what FunCom is doing to fix the camping issues with the Lab Director or Mantis Queen, for example? Goddamnit, this is IMHO the biggest issue killing the game for those of us bored with our millionth mission who don't have the resources of some uber-guild at our beck and call.

This issue is HUGE and they must have SOME clue as to what they are doing to fix it. People leaving left and right because they simply can't do another mission. Yet, we have Smuggler's and Camelot that might keep them interested and yet the game mechanics make it a waste of time to even get a group of friends together to do a dungeon crawl on your Saturday afternoon.

I'm abosulutely BEGGING for someone who knows what is going on at FunCom to tell us what is going to happen and when with respect to my group of guys and all the other groups of guys and gals who want to go to Smuggler's Den and enjoy the camaraderie that guildship brings and make stories, leaving us able to log out with smiles on our faces.

Originally posted by HidaReign
    If devs would come and answer more like this only lag whiners and idealists would be on the board
    I could live with that.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Now more positive

I love the idea of having the Subways be static adventuring areas for low level characters.

If it hasn't been already envisioned, I would suggest interlinking all these various Subways into a supersystem.

Just as you have the gate at the end of Smuggler's Den, I think it would be wise and realistice to have connection points between the Subways in Newland, Borealis, Tir, and the Omni areas.

It would serve as a nice way for low level characters to fight their way into enemy territory through a hostile environment. As it stands now, if a Clanner or Neutral wants to join the Corporation or vice-versa, it's either a silly run through Broken Shores or a less than memorable Beacon Warp from a high level Engineer.

The image of the Morlock's from H.G. Wells' 'The Time Machine' comes to mind, where ghoulish mutants and outcast citizens have taken up residence. A perfectly scary trial by fire for any lowbie who simply wants to explore or 'run the gauntlet' to get to the other side.

For the final icing on the cake, and just to put some strength behind my assertation that I'm not a carebear, I think that the merger area of the Clan and Omni sections of these interlinked 'dungeons' should be 25% or 0% gas to provide an experience similar to what Camelot provides for the 120+ crowd.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; May 29th, 2002 at 23:27:08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast