Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Exploiters, overequipping and the rest.

Here's one I enjoyed from the fixer/trader discussion. While not directly about over-equiping the post makes a few points about it.

Originally posted by Girltrooper
    Traders are so totally nerfed I am going to quit.

I am a L65 Trader and I still can't equip the QL200 Tranquil Home Defender that another Trader gave away because they just had too many credits I guess. I am forced to use a QL 161 Safe Home Defender. That's not even a round number! Where is shotgun mastery for Traders? Nerf!

I can already cast all the deprive/ransack/plunder/divest nanos available in the Superior Stores. Now I have to buy them on the open market or do smash and grab L118 missions. What a joke. Nerf!

Now that the amnesty ended I cant go to Tir to "3 shot kill" some clanner newb fool enough to enter the Arena with a trader. So I am stuck with a Freshman title. Nerf!

Yesterday, I was in a mission with 3 yellow orange mobs in the first room (you know those kind). I mesmerised one while I was hitting another for my 2k criticals and 700 regulars. I had trouble mesmerising the third mob and in the delay I was forced to heal myself! I only have this crappy 340 point group heal - I am sure docs have way better. I actually had to leave the room and come back! Nerf!

Funcom you need to do some serious work on the Trader class. Maybe some profession specific weapons that only Trader can access. That might help. We could make more money that way and perhaps get better trader weapons so we dont have to do crap damage.

Apart from the really high damage output, the roots, the mesmerises, the deprives, the wranges, the group healing - we have some serious problems.

Suggested improvements :

- Shotgun Mastery - an extra 50pts would just be dandy
    - Pet Guarddogs - we need pets to guard our merchandise, they dont have to be as powerful as Engineer pets - Crat pets would be fine
    - Proper Healing - our healing spells have a residual dot effect - turn it into a hot instead
    - Money - traders are supposed to the masters of making money, we need double cash loot per kill, double prices for sales, and half prices for purchases

This would go some way to address the major flaws in our class. Thanks for listening guys.

We love your game!

Twinking isn't wrong in my opinion. Some of the people here have some very valid points when they say that nerfing twinking would make the game boring.

However...

Twinking isn't the problem. Having an unfair advantage is the problem. PvP rules were deliberately designed to limit high level players from reaping slaughter among the lower level/newer players. This is because such slaughter isn't fair. If you don't get this concept then stop reading and go read a book on ethics.

As a response, the insecure egomaniacs of the game have found a way around not being able to excercise their megolomania by simply transfering money/buffs to a lower level player and spending half an hour or so using a very simple program called nano-nanny. Additionally, these would be twinkers are forced to do some VERY (they will tell you) 'difficult' and 'elite' math involving some addition, and some subtraction.. and EVEN (gasp) the occasional multiplication and division. They are forced to scour the world or at least their buddylist to find someone to give them the right buffs. The end result is that they are able to use what basically amounts to being an exploit to give them an unfair advantage over 'younger' players.

The problem isn't the twinking. the problem is twinking with the express purpose of PvPing new players so you can feel good about yourself when you win (a no-contest win is sweetest to these people - these 'leets').

The question is how do you stop this exploiting of the system from occuring? How do you give later-come players an equal opportunity in the game without nerfing twinking altogether?

I'm at a loss as to how this is possible. But I do know one thing. Such a nerf may irritate most twinkers but it will positively ENRAGE the PvP 'twinking exploiters'.

As a closing note, i would like to point out that those who think that PvP is just pushing a series of hotkeys are revealing why they had to beat up on younger players in the first place... If you don't understand what i'm getting at then you should probably go back to doing your 'elite' addition and subtraction

I dont understand?

If it is easy to do, makes you better, perfectly legal in gaming terms, makes the game easier to play and all that ppl say that overequipping does.

Then why, and this is really beoynd my comprehension, does not everyone do it? It is indeed part of the game, and if it is that easy to do it aint unfair in no any way possible, how can it?

This has been in game from day one, there is no way FC could not have seen this coming, so one must assume it was intended all the way. There is at maximun 3o mins of work for FC to calculate the aboslute MAX equip a person can get at a certain lvl, if they did not do this and that why they talk this way now, well, it aint very smart is it?

All you need to do:

What is the highest QL imp a person can get in at a certain lvl?
    All treatment buffs+medsuit 175, machine 100=275, treatment imps varies but for each imp you can go another few ql in imps, allthough this is expensive, it aint hard. Now use this to get in ultra good comp lit imps to get say at least 212 ncu, 4*34... Not that you would need that but it can easily take 132 wrangler and any other buff you will need, ie Soldier masteries..
    When you got the NCU, switch all them imps, (try to keep treat if possible) and change it to desired skill, ie shotgun, 3*125 SG gives 133 to that skill, with exp and wrangler its 275 to that skill. If you choose rifle or any weapon skill that has mastries that goes up even more. Got the weapon of choice equipped? Switch all imps to abils, go STR/STA as that is buffable by 69, a low ql pillow and its 77, 125 imps and you are well past 100+ in that skill, say 120 or so, cant remember, now get into that armor. When that is done, put on the attack imps of choice?evades and all that, everyone can quite easily use nanonanny to set up the perfect set, and you still have them abil/treat imps from before so now use them again to get in the final set of imps.

There, rdy to go, say 2 hours work and some creds...

Easy and simple and legal, why dont everyone do this? what is the possible objection? same rules applies to everyone...

Your
    Fury

PS, and please dont say "your friends" helps or "your alt loads you with cash", instead go play "Commie online" directly, as that is were you belong DS.

seriously, u guys think the dev team is going to read 33 pages? lmao, it would take a whole day for just one thread.

~ someone should close this thread already, its dull, repetitive, and its never-ending cause its like negatives vs positives, its just not going to happen

-breaku

Cool Re: I dont understand?

Originally posted by FuryFerret
    If it is easy to do, makes you better, perfectly legal in gaming terms, makes the game easier to play and all that ppl say that overequipping does.

Then why, and this is really beoynd my comprehension, does not everyone do it? It is indeed part of the game, and if it is that easy to do it aint unfair in no any way possible, how can it?
    <snip>

Easy and simple and legal, why dont everyone do this? what is the possible objection? same rules applies to everyone...
    This is an interesting position and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but let's take the opposite viewpoint...

New players of many professions have problems even gathering money for a regular gun, regular NCU belts and all the other content at their level. I.e. the money sink works (expenses equal income) and is reasonably balanced as far as I can tell.

Getting an optimal implant set of abilites and weapon skills all by yourself (including finding unneeded clusters to force the implant over into an ability you have maxed) is probably nothing but tedious for your average player, and takes a lot of credits. Even without playing the equiping with temporary weapon skills or the more obscure exploits games.

To get the kind of money you suggest, new players would have to run missions all the time and probably even /terminate to avoid leveling. (And someone would have to tell them to get their missios in Camelot or Rome, and they would need to have the right higher level friends etc) Unfortunatly solo missions is bad for bonding between players. It probably is bad for player retention. Make too much distance between characters at lower levels and I believe the social dynamics go sour. Gaining and retaining new casual players is what is going to pay the bills of large scale online worlds. One might ask if it would be better to fazing out all permanent overequipping below level 40 to cut new users some slack. How much fun is it to "being dragged" through your levels knowing that you didn't contribute much at all?

Then give guilds shared storage for old equipment + good reaons to recruit and twink new players. Twinking may be good, IF newbies get twinked by other players too. Making newbies feel stupid because everybody at their level is doing so much better and forcing them to solo is not a good longterm strategy.

PS, and please dont say "your friends" helps or "your alt loads you with cash", instead go play "Commie online" directly, as that is were you belong DS.
    "Commie online" is what online world designers in the know would create. You won't get the mass audience by satisfying 5% of those that are willing to try your game. On the other hand, I could be wrong. How would you go about bringing AO to the masses of users with "disposable income", but lacking in time? AO is supposed to be a game you can play < 10 hours a week and still feel that you have progress?

Btw, are you sure what you are describing is a roleplaying game? How would you define a roleplaying game? (Not sarcasm, but curiousity. There are many ways to play a game, live in a world and evaluate progress).

--
    http://folk.uio.no/olag/

ao

well, whatever the reasons that made some poeple want IP resetting....is it because some weapons were taken out and it made whatever skills that weapon required made useless...maybe the weapons taken out can be put back in?..were they too powerful or something?...hrmm...or why not introduce newer weapons that can be Better or equal to the weapons they Wish'd they could equip -due to game changes- that requires those same skills equal to the weapons that you guys have taken out..or reintroduce the weapons taken out and make them just more rarer and difficult to get, and the more real life time you put into it or whatever..u earn such a powerful weapon....but if it upsetted game balance..i dunno..but i do understand poeple are not happy about their time earned IP points going to waste..

but i have no clue anyways...i might be missing the point...anyhow...since i dont know the real reasons that made poeple want an Ip reset...

also i read about you make choices in the game as you do in real life....well this is only a game, and not real life...choices you make in a game is different from making a choice in real life...in real life, things dont disappear out of thin air, like weapons do in a game...and as for those who likes roleplaying...i suppose roleplaying is trying to pretend to be someone else in another world?..dunno...never roleplayed :P...well thats just roleplaying, and not real life either, ..a game and roleplaying is a form of entertainment and nothing more...kinda silly using this "reason" between real life and game situation to make IP resetting a bad idea...but i guess some of these people are so angry about the ip reset, they would try to give any reason to reflect how badly they dont want it to happen...

as for overequipping....i'm not sure who are the ones who is actually complaining about this...i'm not sure how easily overequipping can be done..but if it takes away lots of real life time, hard work and planning...why not?....but if it is tooo easy to do and overequipping can be done in 15-30 minutes and anyone can learn this in 2 minutes..o well..but it seems you would need tons of credits to even overequip the best...and it seems getting so many credits might take a great deal of real life time...if it takes so much time..why not :P...they put in the time...i guess my main point is, many poeple seems to enjoy that part of the game...so o well...i dont know all the facts, but i do know poeple love to overequip it seems...well i can see this game having two ways of playing...those who wants to play in a more challenging way, they shouldn't overequip..those who wants to take the easy road..they should overequip?..whatever is "fun" for them...i can see these two things as a choice...like an option in a game and if you enjoy it, thats great...anyways, as long as the players are enjoying the game because of this overequipping...why not :P..thats what a game is for, to have fun...

anyways, my logic and reasons here maybe flaw'd...mainly cause i only probably know just 1% about the game since i'm new...hehe...but thats my input...

Exclamation omg

god........

girltrooper surely needs to play an advent or a fixer....

someone get her/him and force it.....

I am a L65 Trader and I still can't equip the QL200 Tranquil Home Defender

oh....how unfortunate....

I was hitting another for my 2k criticals and 700 regulars

yeah that really sux

Apart from the really high damage output, the roots, the mesmerises, the deprives, the wranges, the group healing - we have some serious problems

really?

someone stop me before i kill myself after going trigger happy on traders(i was playing trader and swicthed to adv because i liked the concept a lot more.....and i nerver thought traders were nerfed.....gawd..)(i m gonna PM him/her to take a look at adv/fixer forums....)

(and i think that post solely explains where some of us stand and where some of us crawl....)
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

lol, Lacaan,
    girltrooper is trolling. ignore her(him).
    it was a sarcastic post from someone
    who obviously doesnt play a trader.

Psilock reposted it because he is on some kind of
    anti-trader jihad ever since traders tried to explain
    to him why engineers shouldnt be given the
    traders tradeskills buffs.

Anti-trader Jihad?

Well, a holy war is something that an MP might go for but I retired my MP (Psilock)

My main char (Antimatter)is an Engineer but my alternate char is a Trader(Stockbroker).

Why would I be against Traders when I play one?

What I am against is over-equiping and only over-equiping.

I think that Traders need to be balanced as do Meta-physicists as IMO they are both over-powered.

Over-equiping enhances some profs but leaves others that already need to be improved like the NT, Crat and Doc in the dust.

Scumbug, the only reason it's "obvious" that Girltrooper doesn't play a Trader is because she's for over-equiping.

Originally posted by Psilock

Why would I be against Traders when I play one?

your Trader is level6.
    leve6s dont get to have an opinion about highlevel class balance.

if you manage to get your Trader to over 100,
    then come back here and tell us how 'over-powered' you feel.

my guess is you'll give up when you realize that depriving into
    a shotgun twice your level is only powerful until you run out of
    shotguns twice your level..

and then there is nothing else to do but annoy people
    with debuffs in PvP (until they kill you in 3 hits)
    or wrangle for tips (becoming a hypocrite since you're
    so anti-overequiping) and pass the creds down to your next reroll.

but i think you'll be missing your slayerdroid pretty quick.

my trader is now on-hold until FC gives him something
    useful and profitable to do that is tradeskill-related.
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Mar 2nd, 2002 at 05:03:18.

Originally posted by Scumbug

your Trader is level6.
    leve6s dont get to have an opinion about highlevel class balance.
    My Trader is level 6, but last time I checked there is still free speech in the country that I live in. Having a level 6 char definitely does not give me alot of experience with the prof and my other level 40s characters aren't high level either. But from reading the boards and seeing what other high level players do think I definitely can form an opinion about high level class balance that does make sense.

But scumbug, at least I'm sharing my character level and not hiding like you seem to be. What was your comment about not telling the name of your character? That you don't want to be bothered with people asking for buffs in-game? As a Trader that is what you should want! You're complaining that too many people are coming to you for business? It doesn't matter if that business is service provided by giving buffs, constructing weapons or anything else. You have said that you play a trader not for PvP but for the trade skills and gone on about how great the numbers game of figuring out implants/buffs etc for a character to over-equip.

Buffs have become a commodity in this game just as Trade skills are supposed to be but you complain that you get too many people coming to you for business. I bet the other professions wouldn't mind a bit of that popularity.

My character is level 6... What does that really matter? It doesn't take a genius to read the Trader board and see the traders braging about how good they are at PvP and that even the toughest fight can go 50/50 but with most fights being in the Traders advantage.

Scumbug, I'll give you credit though. An effective way to win an arguement is to make attacks on the other person in order to draw the attention away from your own flawed arguement while at the same time attaching a negative connotation to them.
    Another comment I like is how you say that:
    Originally posted by Scumbug

and then there is nothing else to do but annoy people
    with debuffs in PvP (until they kill you in 3 hits)
    or wrangle for tips (becoming a hypocrite since you're
    so anti-overequiping) and pass the creds down to your next reroll.
    Well I'm sure that debuffs in PvP are annoying simply because they are effective. But you're complaining about it! That's like an NT complaining about his nukes being annoying in PvP (which I'm sure they are for how much damage they do).
    As for dying in three hits I'm sure you are referring to the soldiers alpha strike. There aren't too many profs that can withstand the fling/burst/fullauto combo of a soldier.

Not sure what you mean by being a hypocrite. I've recently started a few new characters because, like you, I stopped playing my Engineer till trade skills are working. The trader was one of those re-rolls but I've recently decided to go with a Doctor. Did I equip them with some money and items? Yes, I got a friend to mule about 7k to each of them. I wouldn't call 7k over-equiping.

Enough with the banter. Seems the thread is getting off topic.

I've recently thought of a way to balance the over-equipping into a compromise that both camps would be pleased. Not sure if this idea has been posted before but here goes.

Let me start by saying that the main problem I see with overequipping is that it is not available to all players, only those with high level friends or alternate characters. This will skew the PvP that could potentially go on for newer players but rather restricts them from it thus limiting the fun and scope of the game.

To balance the game first there would require some checks in place. Enable a cap on QL of item for level of character in the range of 150% for levels 1-99 and 170% for levels 100-200.

The 150% cap for the level range of 1-99 would help to balance PvP and allow growth into even better items at 100-200th levels when a character could afford to equip themselves effectively.

Adjust mission loot so that QL up to 150% would generate on max or near difficulty. This would allow all players with difficulty and teaming to be able to get the best loot that their characters could legally equip at that time.

In addition fix the tutoring devices so that they work in combination with buffs and implants to reach the max of QL 150% of a characters level. Thus all three tutoring devices, buffs and implants would be required to reach the 150% QL level cap of the character. The currently scaling of buffs in conjunction with tutoring devices would allow for the higher cap of 170% at level 100 to be reached.

This I think would alleviate the problems we currently see with over-equipping. The 150% and 170% QL cap of items could be adjusted. The reason I didn't set a cap over 170% is that at ~level 118 a player could equip QL 200 items. While I commented on how over-equipping at low levels limits new players the problem I see at high level play is that there isn't much incentive to level to 200 for if all your equipment is QL 200 at say 150. A character gains in skills but the game mechanics are designed that the higher skill has diminishing returns. I'm sure all players would agree that when or if they reach 200th level they want it to be worth it and not reroll at say 150.

Currently level 70+ characters can use QL 200 items, to me that diminishes the meaning of being level 200. Even in the system I just detailed any level 118 character could use the same QL 200 equipment that a 200th level character would be stuck with. I suggest that at level 190+ the character becomes so good and in-tune with his mode of attack that he do more damage with the given weapon he is skilled in. I would recommend a QL 190+ weapon modification where a trade skill character of at least 190 could modify a weapon to make it QL 210. This modification would have the effect of increasing the minimum damage of the gun thus increasing the total average damage over time. Requirements must be Level 190+ and high skill level.

So, what do you think? Would this solve the over-equipping by making a compromise for both camps?

I think it would be better if you just couldn't overequip with others buffs. if it's your own buffs then it's part of your character, otherwise it gives a huge bonus to people with good guilds/groups/twinks.
    Last edited by Turrellius; Mar 4th, 2002 at 06:49:22.

Originally posted by Turrellius
    I think it would be better if you just couldn't overequip with others buffs. if it's your own buffs then it's part of your character, otherwise it gives a huge bonus to people with good guilds/groups/twinks.
    you say that like it's a bad thing..
    player interaction, needing eachother for things,
    is supposed to be the basis of an multi-player rpg.

despite a pathetic unfinished underdeveloped tradeskill system,
    there is a pretty good economy for services (buffs).

and while i understand why it may seem easy to make
    all professions clearly defined with all buffs self-only,
    that just creates more uniformity in the end.

and can you imagine the nerf crys when only
    enforcers and soldiers and agents can use weapons
    above thier skill level..
    while the weapon-buffless classes go without. . ?

there are a lot of weapons and characters in this game
    that are only viable with assistance from these other professons.

the system as it stands works. and it's fun.
    if they are going to mess with anything, mess with the ATK rating
    so it is more influential in determining damage. otherwise,
    leave the gamerules alone and work on content and bugs.

MAs finally got thier damage problems fixed,
    so now they compete with overequiped weaponusers
    without actually having to do any numbercrunching.
    fair enough. no other solution. and they kinda deserve it.
    but they no longer get a moral highground to complain
    about 'overequiping' from.

NTs will never ever stop complaining tho.

Thumbs up OQ

Originally posted by Turrellius

Good guilds Hmm I thought that this was a social game that involves RPing, you should get bonuses for being in a guild like the ability to be buffed and not pay huge creds out and equip swaping - sounds to me like you havent found anyone to be in a guild with (or no one wants you as you moan about one of the social aspects of the game).

BooHoo poor you, get out and be sociable then see if you still agree with your comment.

Being an agent I do know this, I just had a problem soloing a green at level 93 while I was using a MK shield 4 in a false profession. After the shield ran out I got to about half health. Now you say that lowering the effectiveness of the weapons would be a good thing? I think not, or something will really have to be done about the agent profession. I'm using a Ranee right now and my skills are about 80% of what they should be in shotgun. If you want to lower the damage done by weapons, make sure you compensate for it by increasing the damage (by a lot) when your skills are at what they should be, not by basing the damage with what we do now with our skills low. If you don't the agents will have a serious problem with fighting MOBs or NPCs with a lot of hit points. I'd have been dead if it wasn't for that MK4 I had running. Just my two cents.

Voislav
    General, Mercury Dragons Clan

Thumbs down

I unfortunatly don't have time to read ALL these thought provoking replies, but I have read a good portion.

Here's where I stand: You may not have intended for over equiping to be a part of the game, but unfortunalty it is, and always has been. Changing this is counter-productive with trying to balance the professions, which is what everyone wants first and foremost (other than making their characters God of course). The history of AO has convinced me that no-matter how well though out your plans are there are always going to be bugs/unbalances in power. You cannot convince me that you can make a major game change and the professions will remain/become balanced, exploiters won't exploit your new round of bugs, the gimped will stop being gimped, and the gimped whiners will stop whining. I think the profs do need to be balanced, but you should take baby steps, make small changes, and have small problems rather that taking a flying leap and openning up Pandorah's box and hoping there's something good inside. About history: If you can't learn from it you are bound to repeat it.

Some counter arguments to what I've read: "Those 5% who over equip are going to compain the loudest" -- Maybe, exept it's not 5%. I don't know where you get your numbers. I've been playing for 5 months now and my experience leads me to believe (although I have no hard facts) that as soon as someone stops being a newb/becomes social/joins a guild/stops soloing, they learn that other proffessions can buff them! And it makes the game more fun 'cuase they don't die all the time! Wheeee! A whole new Rubi-Ka. If I were to quessStimate, I would say that 5% of newbs over equip, and 90% of people who have been playing more than 4 months over equip. So is it really unbalanced that you have been playing as long as everyone else but you don't plan your character as well? Anway, that's an aside. I don't know people with characters over level 80 who don't over equip, probably becuase if you don't do it you end up getting frustrated with all your characters and starting news ones, never to be over level 80.

Some predictions: 1) Traders will now longer have much of a trade skill will they? Not when I can buff on stuff that is just as usefull. At least I won't ever have to pay a trader again. But then, they won't be "Traders" will they? Guess that doesn't matter, fixers don't fix things.
    2) Traders will OWN PvP. How can you beat someone who makes all your armor, weapons, PETS, and nanos totally useless? Especially when they can raise their skillz by doing so? Duh... you can't. Good thing I play NT and learned never to PvP EVER. The rest of you non-traders will learn that lesson too I guess.
    3) Everyone will have the same ability to buff on usefull armor as NT's! This is a great day for NT's who think they don't need a tank to keep them safe. If you are one of those NT's try to get past lvl 100 without one! If you are lvl 50 and think you know what being lvl 100 means then try it! Just try it, I dare you.
    4) Pets professions will no longer pay for Mochams/Wrangles becuase if they do their pets won't respond! haha! That's a good one... Having stupid pets isn't punishment enough, now all the big ones are going to be given lobotomies if a higher lvl character wrangles/masteries/mochems them for you. Heh. I will never again phear Engi's/MP's :} This is truelly a great day.
    5) All those pesky Agents (you know, that profession that becomes useless after lvl 120) will have to spend all their time as gimped traders! Haha! You shoulda started a trader suka! Too bad you still can't find throwing weapons in the game. At least that would add comic value, after I'm done laughing at how useless your rifles will be. Don't worry, I will still put a quarter in the buffing machine, even though you sneaky buggers are rich enough already...
    6) There will be really neat exploits, as there is with every patch. But this will be a big change! Exploiters will make a ton of money on Ebay selling information that is going to make everyone who pays for it really powerful! They rake in more money than usual.
    7) Funcom won't loose so many customers that they will recall their changes. Notice I didn't say "They will loose so many customers that they will be forced to care/notice" Of course they care about us. They made a kick ass game for us didn't they? But don't get a big head, they don't actually care about you personally.
    8) One of the things that make teams usefull is diversity. MP's gives masteries to everyone, NT's pass out Humid X, Enf's give massive HP's, and so on. But if I can't use larger nanos/crits/pets why should look for diversity? Why not just find the prof that has the scales tipped in it's favour and make a team of six of them? It's not like I really NEED anything anyone would have to offer.

To wrap this up, I'm really glad that you are planning on thinking this through carefully. I hope you don't make any drastic changes that will invite new bugs/exploits/unbalanced proffessions. And I hope you continue trying to balance the characters in baby steps, ones that we either have a hard time noticing OR don't nerf a profession so hard that people want to dump/retire their lvl 140 hero.

--> Exploiting should be punished the same why it always has been. I think if an exploiter is caught they should be duelly punished.

--If I didn't love Rubi-Ka I wouldn't live there--

Talking I like the idea.

Oddly enough, this makes sense to me.

I like it, it fixes some of the insane twink over equiping that occours in normal gameplay, and still allows people to get wrangles for that xtra few points they cant buff themselves.

Ack. I agreed with a dev...

/me washes his hands.
    Marvin "Happygryphon" Sherill
    • Wandering around Dante's 9th circle...
    • [b]"Where's Virgil split too? [b]

As soon as you allow an IP reset, even once, players start becoming the same optimum fighters and the whole community loses its identity. I know it is especially annoying for some, for example those who have poured IP into duel wielding pillows, but things in life change and you have to deal with it.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Maybe im just in a hoprribly bad mood today ( I am ) and just feel like ripping into someone ( I do ) so. i picked yuur post. Things in life change. yes. I agree. deal with change. But dont make changes that SERIOUSLY gimp your character toi that point you almost have to start over. I had a doc going the dual Freedom Arms route. Pistol. The ONLY pistol worth wearing. He was doing quite well. Able to deal damage, and quickly. Now im screwed. I cant deal any damage because I am a HEAL machine. So I went from doing my own 50-70% solo missions, to now needing teams for the lowest lvl ones. but... I gues I should just deal with the fact that Im gimped by NO fault of my own, and that If I want to really do anything about it, i need to start over and waste the hours and hours and HOURS of time I put into my character. NICE SOLUTION!!! Not.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Popey
    I you are going for an IP reset. Only allow the skills that have changed color to be reset. By the way, allow those guys using pillows to reset too. It looks too ugly anyway.

I't would be so boring if everyone had the same characters. I like my small flaws and I want others to have some too.

I dont mind flaws I make. But dont force FC's flaws upon me. I dont care if YOU want me to have them. If you WANT me to be flawed for PLANNINING my character out well, and then have my planning be wasted due to mechanics changes. well. you suck.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast