Thread: Arul Saba Crafted item??Help sove the mystery

Arul Saba Crafted item??Help sove the mystery

Long ago in patch notes i saw refrence to a Arul saba bracelet or ring. have not seen any of thes items , nor am i shure what they do. I found a gem that is Called a searing arbiter gem, it says crafted by Arul saba on it and it says the gem has nano circutry inside it and appears to have a small socket on it.....

I tried all kinds of things to put it into etc but to no avail so eventually gave up and noone else i talked to ever remembered that patch note i was talking about....

I was asking around if anyone knew what the gold and platinum ingots that i got from cyborgs were used for and someone told me to make jewlry and rings etc...is it possible that you inset this gem into a crafted ring or bracelt?

Id like to try but dont have the tradeskills to do so

Any ideas?

Simplest answer is they don't seem to have ever made it into the game. Bits and pieces of them have however. I was all excited myself January/February with the prospect of a tradeskill that seemed tailor-made for my adventurer.

Here's a link to what's known about them.
    http://www.virral.com/guide-arulsaba.html

My current guess? Mr. Saba resides in Jobe... (just call me a cynic on this one)

Huh?? tailor made for a adventurer??

I am 99.9% sure Arul Saba was a engie.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Cool, thx for the website link , mystery solved. Now i dont have to wonder anymore.

BTW if I remember right I found the Arbiter gem at NW mines in lush fields its was ql80. Havent found any since.

I have a feeling that there are probably more out there but they look exactly like gems , most people just dump them on vending machines without reading the description.

One guy i met in trade a while ago had a whole backpack full and he bought one from me.

Since this item will require the blueprints (according to the text) and the blueprints can only be got from Arul Saba himeself (by doing him a favour it would seem) until the NPC Arul Saba appears in the game I wouldnt expect to be able to makes these.

Think of this in the same way Engineers think of the Kamikazi bot
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

the latest i heard JOBE etc will b put in shadowlands then the quest can begin i have 40+ arul saba gems burning a hole in my backpack.

Guess I need to clarify my "adventurer" comment.

1 - The only tradeskill adventurers get cheaply is MechEng.

2 - As the game stands now, the only item made with MechEng exclusively are rings, a nice way to get some extra money, but hardly what you'd expect "the hardy outdoorsman" to be doing in his/her spare time.

3 - From the description, this appears to use MechEng exclusivly, for a yield that is neither money nor ornamentation, but actually useful and potentially sought-after.

4 - It's a QUEST to find the person to obtain the blueprints, that does fit my image of an adventurer.

Addendum - (Purely personal woes here) I love tradeskills, but find I have no empathy with playing the classes that dominate the tradeskill market in this game. I figured I would take my lumps and spend some IP there anyway, and it would be OK. This was PRE-IP reset, which I missed since I was offline during the time that was active (still POed on that one) and PRE-SOLs which would have given me some breathing room. I simply can't afford the IP investment to do tradeskills with the character I enjoy playing, so I have an army of low-levels while I search for one where I can afford the IP and enjoy playing. So my adven is stalled at L60 while I hunt (and stew just a bit, in case that wasn't obvious) This was going to be Lisje's redemption, instead it turned out to be merely a false hope.

where are some locations of these gems?
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Originally posted by Diff
    where are some locations of these gems?
    Borgs in Mort used to drop them, also they have been found in missions. I have not seen one in a long long time tho.

Originally posted by Lisje
    Guess I need to clarify my "adventurer" comment.

1 - The only tradeskill adventurers get cheaply is MechEng.

2 - As the game stands now, the only item made with MechEng exclusively are rings, a nice way to get some extra money, but hardly what you'd expect "the hardy outdoorsman" to be doing in his/her spare time.

3 - From the description, this appears to use MechEng exclusivly, for a yield that is neither money nor ornamentation, but actually useful and potentially sought-after.

4 - It's a QUEST to find the person to obtain the blueprints, that does fit my image of an adventurer.

Addendum - (Purely personal woes here) I love tradeskills, but find I have no empathy with playing the classes that dominate the tradeskill market in this game. I figured I would take my lumps and spend some IP there anyway, and it would be OK. This was PRE-IP reset, which I missed since I was offline during the time that was active (still POed on that one) and PRE-SOLs which would have given me some breathing room. I simply can't afford the IP investment to do tradeskills with the character I enjoy playing, so I have an army of low-levels while I search for one where I can afford the IP and enjoy playing. So my adven is stalled at L60 while I hunt (and stew just a bit, in case that wasn't obvious) This was going to be Lisje's redemption, instead it turned out to be merely a false hope.
    Actually if you read the whole guide to making them you will see step that that requires you to add nano circuitry wire to the silver filigree wire, this step will more than likely need electrical engineering & nano programming, as well as Mechanical engineering
    --------------------------------------
    AO engineer = a test in how much patience you realy have
    that little rumour you heard about me well
    it's true, I am a masochist I keep my engineer as my main
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...me/plasmatorch
    Main Entry: AO Engineer
    Pronunciation: ay-oh en-gin-ear
    Function: noun
    Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary, from Cathern "plasmatorch" Gomes,died how many times???????
    Date: circa 2002
    1 : pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering
    ---------------------------------------
    one question still burns inside my mind
    whay are traders trying to be enigneers???
    ---------------------------------------
    Date of registration :2001-11-23 22:27:11 UTC
    Account status :Open until 2002-12-18
    :Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing :Not scheduled

You mean to say I'll be stopped dead at the LAST STEP? (yes, I've done the others out of curiousity, all are MechEng exclusively)

No, they couldn't be so cruel...
    On second thought - yes they most certainly could, but I'm hoping against it.

If I had to make a guess I would say they are not going to be put in the game until bracers get 'the big nerf.'

Which knowing Funcom will more then likely just be making them stop dropping, causing everyone that already has their title 6 bracers of every type to become another step "more uber" then everyone else.

And wouldn't they need to really boost those damages?

Was it ever verified if that is pre-calculation damage, or post-calcuation damage? IE... is that +46 damage the same as turning a 1-200 weapon into a 47-246 weapon? Because that would be pretty good... But if it is post calculation damage, adding 46 onto a hit of 1000 does not help much...

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Ya I have 5 or 6 of those Gems but havent seen another one for a very very long time. I got most of them from the Borgs in mort also and it seems like I even found one at BCB. Not many hunt the Borgs now that its PVP zone and now that team missions are so easy its sick who wants to go level in mort.

Eunucha 188 Doc

Its nice to be back it sucks I left game right at the team missions patch