Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halloween!

So I guess Uncle Pumpkin-Head in missions doesn't have a 100% drop of any kind?

I did a mish earlier and nothing dropped... I was too lazy and have been too busy in RL to do any more but is it FCs thinking to lessen the droprate in missions but still being "equal" since you don't have to contend with others to get the kills?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    that is correct, not everything that the pumpkins have dropped in previous years will drop this year, just like the new exclusive to halloween stuff they will drop this year may not appear next year

WHY NOT! I want a pair of shades for my soldier@!! Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn .........

You guys really need to add the Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats back ...they were probably the best set of shades I have found to date.

There needs to be a bigger range of things to loot and also things to see. The old stuff from last year was great. Why not have a haunted castle something like Camelot but with hedges and bats and eerie music/sounds and all of that good stuff .....

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    That kinda (insert whatever you feel like in here). Last year I killed 150+ pumpkins and never got shades. I understand concept of "exclusive items" and with last year helmets and whole x-mas deal, FC showed shift in the way they are thinking. But most of those items have social aspect, they don't make anyone uber.

So may I suggest that FC provides "easily" obtainable current season items (missions, santa leets and the like) and outdoor mobs with poor droprate of last seasons items. So those players determand enough to get such items, will have chance of geting them.
    *nods*

There are people saying that the glasses are dropping... No one has found a Quid yet though... And no one can figure out what we gotta do to get some of the stuff since Sil mentioned that there is a way....

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCorpse
    You guys really need to add the Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats back ...they were probably the best set of shades I have found to date.
    Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats does drop from the mission target (uncle pumpkin head) in the "old school" pumpkin missions. Found a pair myself so far.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

I personally know only one person who has managed to find anything in the old school missions so far. Given the dozens of people I know who have been trying non-stop, altogether taking hundreds of missions? I'm going to get out there AoE nuking pumpkinheads once they show up outdoors. Far better use of my time.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Agreed with Idoru.... Prepare for the same thing as before I suppose ehy? Kinda sucks... Was hoping the missions would allow us to get more than the new teddy, which in fairness... They do.. Just at a horrible droprate, with 1hr lock in between picking up another implant, or hoping you get lucky enough to loot an oldschool phatz... Maybe we'll see an increase in the mission rarity later on during halloween?? Closer we get the better the chance that Pumpkinhead wll drop phatz for us.... But I doubt it, would be too cool of a system

Well if the shoulder pumpkin lights and the pumpkin heads aren't dropping, no use even participating in this "big event". Good job FC, flood the froobs with bears and shirts.

-edit Mad props to Trgeorge. Allow people that weren't around previously or were and didn't get a (insert item) to have a chance at getting what they want. I'd kill 5,000 pumpkin mobs if I had a shot at the older stuff. Your new ideas for "cool" items are horrible. People just starting next year are gonna be relieved about missing this years loot, it sucks. Happy wasted Halloween.
    Last edited by Insurgent; Oct 28th, 2005 at 09:39:51.
    Insurgent - 220/16 Finalizer

Can you believe these complainers? Give people a new toy and they'll complain about not getting an old one! O_o
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    I personally know only one person who has managed to find anything in the old school missions so far. Given the dozens of people I know who have been trying non-stop, altogether taking hundreds of missions? I'm going to get out there AoE nuking pumpkinheads once they show up outdoors. Far better use of my time.
    The outdoor pumpkinheads will not be dropping any of the 'old school' items - they will only drop the new Halloween T-Shirts.

The 'phat loot' is not the point or the be all and end all of doing some cool stuff like this, its about doing something cool and different for occasions that players like on Rubi-Ka

The mission option was added so that anyone who did want to really, really, absoultely 'had to' get a chance for those old items could do so without spoiling the occasion for others.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Good points Sil, I got teddys for my chars, and think that's cool. Also trying a few of the oldschool missions got me a few levels on each and some nice tokens for the collection.

None of the old loot dropped for me, but so what? It's a cool weekend event and I'm glad I'm around to be part of it. Now, time to rest up for t-shirt hunting.
    The fixer way: Root, scoot, shoot, loot.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7
    Briefcase - Cratz0r 127/7

Haunted Castle & stuff

Bump for having a haunted castle with pumpkin heads to kill with levels increasing the further inside the castle as you go so hl toons can have something else besides greys to kill. BTW i'm not hl...

Maybe put this in one of the old zones still "in development" as a holiday event only (plains of salt?)

just a tought...

Quote Originally Posted by damon7
    Bump for having a haunted castle with pumpkin heads to kill

just a thought...
    Why not just populate "steps of madness" with stuff like that.

Personally I like Steps of Madness how it currently is, and always have.... Except, for the broken droprate ;\

A second dungeon maybe that is designed around Halloween that doesn't interrupt the SoM dungeon would be cool though.

If you're gonna give us missions to get the old school stuff from, I think having a 1 hour cool down period is kinda silly, considering the drop rates. Unless your gonna keep the missions around for a month...
    I went to FC's Halloween 2005 and all I got is a lousy T-shirt.

Pandemic 220 Shade Damage , Lucky number 13 on rk 1.

Pholdier 213 Soldier
    Pandelerium 204 Adventurer
    Phudus 176 Trader
    Phapme 150 Agent
    Phixated 111 Fixer
    Orator 106 Enforcer
    Sumyunguy 82 MA

yeah teh 1hr cooldown on mishes suxxor bad i mean ive did 10 mish nonstop--> 10hours =wasted nothing intresting or even sellable i mean come on fc y u making us such a joke

The outdoor pumpkinheads will not be dropping any of the 'old school' items - they will only drop the new Halloween T-Shirts.

The 'phat loot' is not the point or the be all and end all of doing some cool stuff like this, its about doing something cool and different for occasions that players like on Rubi-Ka

The mission option was added so that anyone who did want to really, really, absoultely 'had to' get a chance for those old items could do so without spoiling the occasion for others.
    I got the teddy's and the shirts within 2 hours.

But this is my first Halloween in game.. I wanted the old loot becuase it looks cool not becuase of any 'uberness'.

No offence Silirrion but the drop rate is silly. I've been hunting them for 24 hours now (less 8 hours sleep) as has an org mate of mine.. between us with countless missions fully completed we have had zero halloween drops

Just what is the drop rate 0.5% ????

Sil, since you hinted on 16.0 section that there are other items still incoming, do you have info (and willing to share it of course), when this halloween theme will end?

(And asking here, since it isn't over-polluted with flames and whines)
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Sil, I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time, and I understand that you frequently get conflicting views from the player community about what "we" want because we are made up of many different people with different points of view.

Having said that... I believe there would be more happy players (or many fewer unhappy players, depending on whether you're a half-full vs. half-empty kind of person) if you had made the Tertium Quid's available again this year.

I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that FC asked players from last year if they wanted the Tertiums to drop again this year, and that the majority of them voted "no" because they wanted to feel elite, or special, or whatever adjective is appropriate. The problem with this specific survey is that you're allowing some players to deprive other players. What's more, you're allowing them to deprive other players of fun, social items that don't make a big in-game difference.

Are you planning on having players vote on what items to remove/add to the Veterans shops so that some players can deprive other players of fun items from "times past"?

I think I speak for a lot of players in this game when I say that the "phat loot" in the Uncle Pumpkin missions isn't what made them look forward to Halloween. Many people have been waiting for many months to get their "Pumpkin torch". In fact, many of the new players didn't even know about the glasses and guns until the older players starting posting about the drop rates. What the newer players did know about what the Tertiums, because they've been seeing them on other players all year.

I don't want give you the impression that the new content stinks - the T-shirts look great, but if you look around you'll notice that hardly anyone wears a Fr00b T-shirt anymore. Why? Because wearing any of the in-game T-shirts gimps your character. If you need outside buffs to put your armor back on (and most clever & experienced players do) then the simple act of wearing a T-shirt is setting yourself up for having to go through the trouble of hunting buffs to put your armor back on.

The same is true of the Teddy Bear. Yes it's a cool idea. Yes it looks good. Yes it's amusing when you click on it and it screams. But you can't simply equip it at will and wear it around as much as you want.

If people want to possess items that broadcast to the player community that they have the distinction of having been a player on a specific date (Look at me, I was a player for Halloween 2004, or I was a player on Christmas 2003) then make those "one time only" items the T-shirt, or the Teddy Bears and make sure that the year is stamped on them like a commemorative Christmas Ornament. I understand that people want to be able to show off their souvenir, or collection of souvenirs, from previous special occasions, but don't use the best item from the bunch as the "one-time only" item,

Give the existing players something that they can own that will help them enjoy the special status that goes along with their "seniority", but don't make that special item the only one that can be worn at any time, any where you want, all year long.

Once you get to the pumpkin in mish, can't you delete the mish and then kill the pumpie, so you won't get the 1hr "take a break"?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123