Thread: Alternative crat weapons...

Alternative crat weapons...

Ive always considered popping out of the normal pistol routine and picking up a different weapon.

Idk maybe im just bored of pistols :P

Anyways what other weapon options are out there, i know its a limited selection for crats.
    Im looking for a strong PvM gun with as much dmg i can get. Maybe in the Rifle or Assault rifle department?

Are assault rifles/ rifles a good choice? some people seem to recommend them, from the guides ive read though opinions, usually varying depending on patch version, seem to be all over usually concluding with pistols even though the dmg can leave alot to be desired.

Any tips or should i stick to my Kyr'Ozch Pistol‎ ?

depending on your level, this and this are both options. if you're past 150 and fancy a bit of pvp, some crats have had success with this but the pvm damage kinda blows goats.

my crat uses pistols and i don't think there's any non-pistol setup currently ingame that can outdamage my crat, but if you wanna be different there's nothing stopping you from experimenting.

You could try Piercing. There's even a little bit of support for it in your symbs (l.arm). Briefcase of Holding and Vipers have been fun for some. The IP cost is absolutely brutal though.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

heh i see those crats running around swinging their briefcases at monsters actually quite hilarious

Ill check out that JAME Blaster thats along the lines of what im looking for. Ran it through a dmg calc and it is an improvement over my current weapons. Though my current weapons are by no means the top pistols.

Is there anything thats similar to the JAME blaster ?

Neutrino Flash for starters till you can get that JAME on. If you don't mind RE & FA, there's the Lost Hope and Lost Faith. Or of course the good ole Premium Xnemth Plasmaprojector.

If you want to stay on the assault rifle line, there's pretty much only OFAB Shark MK4 (Burst) and MK6 (Burst & FA) or a Kyr'Ozch Carbine - Type 5 with Burst & Fling to use after you are done with your JAME.

Or, if you're kind of a masochist, the Hellspinner Shock Cannon.

:edit: Inamorata Assault Rifles could have been a very nice weapon series for you as well if the attack speed wasn't *that* horrible.
    Last edited by sannz; Feb 1st, 2012 at 22:18:24.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Very cool thats alot to chew on thanks

My current set up out does neutrino flash by quite a bit, atleast according to the dmg calc on auno, though lost hope is about the same probably slightly better, but RE and FA ...2 skills id have to build from the ground up , thing with the JAME is really the only skill id need to tinker with is AS the rest i already have. Those higher up guns are pretty sweet nice to see what choices i have.

Only problem with the JAME atm is the creds im returning after a 6 or so year break. I used to considered pretty rich now my wealth is average at best will have to do some farming or something inflation ftl

Case + IS 1hb is nais combo
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

lost hope sounds fun wish i wouldve tried it, i went ma at 220, dual shens is possible b i tried it in pvp to didnt have them equipped, was fun

Got that Lost Hope on my Engi atm... FA is okish damagewise, but the recharge is too slow.
    Regular damage is around 1,4k compared to 1,8k from Mortar or around 1,6k from pistols.

But it's definately a different style

KD
    Krissy Krisdoc Machtgesund (LVL220/21 Doc)
    Lussam (LVL150 Enfo - Sector10 tank )
    Yeah "Mixit" Baby - Grenade-Engineer
    Prince "Cratbureau" Charming

Popping this up for a 220 crat.. Yes, I got bored of pistols and I don't like to multiwield stuff in the first place... I tried calcing the Dread Shark, but that one is impossible since they fixed the mp perk debuff..

Currently testing Dreadloch Combat Remod.. but I don't have too high hopes that it will be as efficient that I would like it to be.

Remod is great for PVP but your PVM DD is a lot lower.

I was making a remod crat for PVP but then my accounts expired
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Remod is great for PVP but your PVM DD is a lot lower.

I was making a remod crat for PVP but then my accounts expired
    Thing is I do a lot of PvM.. but also want to be good in PvP.. and I do not want multiwield (Don't ask me why, I just don't like it)

There is a (ofab) bow crat occasionally in bs atm, forgot the name but if anyone knows them, it may be worth a chat. I'd question both its pvm dd and pvp reliability, though.

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    There is a (ofab) bow crat occasionally in bs atm, forgot the name but if anyone knows them, it may be worth a chat. I'd question both its pvm dd and pvp reliability, though.
    Well.. I seen some discussions about MA/Bow builds.. I am not too sure what to think tho..
    Last edited by Morganrone93; Dec 28th, 2012 at 23:47:48.

Most fun pvp weapon choice I ever made was a sap bow and dimach. It was very gimicky, since you couldn't lower the CD on dimach no matter how much skill you had in it, but every once in a while it was very satisfying to AS someone down with the bow and finish them off with dimach.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Most fun pvp weapon choice I ever made was a sap bow and dimach. It was very gimicky, since you couldn't lower the CD on dimach no matter how much skill you had in it, but every once in a while it was very satisfying to AS someone down with the bow and finish them off with dimach.
    Same experience with sap+dimach and the dimach perk line had decent heals. Was a very fun way to play.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

I use Ofab Shark MK6 on my lvl200, its great dd, AR/FA is abit hard ofc on Crat, as its on every prof exept Soldier and Fix
    I recommend testing, even for the twink fun;P
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    I use Ofab Shark MK6 on my lvl200, its great dd, AR/FA is abit hard ofc on Crat, as its on every prof exept Soldier and Fix
    I recommend testing, even for the twink fun;P
    Terribad FA recharge I bet. What ql can you equip?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Hehe Yeah FA recharge is terrible, I use a ql175. Dont see its possible to go higher, im in full css, Leos bracer, 270 custum imps, TNH str/stam belt for trickle, abilty mems for trickle..
    But its fun to hit 13k every 50sec

Btw i had actually planned to go Lost Hope, but after looking at it Shark is so much better dur to abit better min on shark and much faster recharge.
    Last edited by larzba77; Jan 31st, 2013 at 23:48:00.
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Could MA crat get shen sticks on? Or any meaningful DD weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch