Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saetos's Guide to the Temple of Three Winds!

Great guide thanks been about 2 yrs since i went to ToTW so was a nice refresher on what drops there and was nice to know i dont need to waste much time there for my tl5 twink i think the shoulder and a ring is all i need from there

Defender of the Three drops "Howling Skull" commonly, never seen it drop Skull of Woe.

Do add The Curator and his cute little AoE stuns, and do point out that Windcaller Yitalla is a *lot* tougher than the other Windcallers...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

You left out Neutrals, in the beginning .. and that they too can use the omni portal.

Nice guide otherwise
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

don't the exarchs drop some kind of sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriann
    I think the Phase Blade is in their loot table too.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriann
    Yep, the Phase Blade. As mentioned in Nematet's mini-section, his Exarches drop it too. Exarch Ecclesse and his brothers rarely seem to drop it; not enough to mention it. Why go to Azzy room if you can waltz in Nematet's room and be safe from Nematet, as he can't see you on the stairs? O.o

I'll add everything else when I get home from school, I'm on my lunch period in the library and I doubt I can redo the guide in about 12 minutes without the library ladies harrassing me
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Gartua is much easier to kill than Nematet or GOT.

For Uklesh, two decent damage dealers can use the stuns to switch aggro from one to another.

Aztur can be soloed easy by twinked engies, mps and GA2 fixers. Also 2 enforcers can kill Aztur if they keep switching aggro. Most professions should be able to solo Aztur with extreme twinking and OB (except shades).
    Omni (RK1)

Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by aindrei
    Aztur can be soloed easy by twinked engies, mps and GA2 fixers. Also 2 enforcers can kill Aztur if they keep switching aggro. Most professions should be able to solo Aztur with extreme twinking and OB (except shades).
    I only put engineers soloing Aztur just as a little fun fact. I don't want to paint a memoir on how to solo Azzy - not many true readers are gonna concentrate on soloing...

OMG, bell rang, time to go

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Meh, probably best to leave out most of the soloing details. This is geared towards being a newby-guide to the TotTW. If you've been there long enough to even think about soloing Aztur then it's probably a good bit below you. Besides, there are enough guides and hints out there for that. It's nice to have a guide where, even though information is given, new players aren't overwhelmed by it and made to feel like crap because they get their butts handed to 'em in 6 person Azzy teams.

And, as stated before, the DoT drops the Howling Skulls. Lien and the Reanimator drop the Skull of Lamentation/Skull of Woe. Not sure if they can drop either or each holds a specific one, though. I've never really looked into it.

Strange fact: I'd always pictured Lien as a female. =/

Thumbs up

Almost a total overhaul of the guide, from many posters' requests.

I'm actually quite surprised to see such response (almost 30 posts O.O) in two days' time.

Bump4Guide!

Awesome guide, few additions.

the curator has a chance of dropping a Notum ring of three (rare-ish)....

Also in your az killing section, almost any twinked 60 toon can kill aztur solo...engy get it easy, enforcer, MA, NT, keeper, fixer, soldier are known to be able to...probly alot more profs those are just well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenovia21
    Also in your az killing section, almost any twinked 60 toon can kill aztur solo...engy get it easy, enforcer, MA, NT, keeper, fixer, soldier are known to be able to...probly alot more profs those are just well known.
    I'll say it again - I don't wish to make a big deal out of soloing Aztur the Immortal, as this is a newbie guide to the temple. The professions you mentioned (I'm actually sorta surprised Nano-Techs can solo Aztur; I suppose they single nuke and let NS/nano regen perks heal them up?) need a bunch of twinking done to them to even start thinking about soloing Aztur.

Saying that Engineers can was only a fun fact, not something for new Engies to strive for. It's like saying a man survived a 3-story fall, but should everyone do it to show off?

I'll add the thing about Notum Ring of the Three to Curator.

Bump4Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Neutrals may choose either path - it's best to choose the Omni's path, because you may run through a war zone on your way to the Temple, following the Clan Path, and sometimes Omni PVP'ers await clan players; not the best place to meet them
    Don't forget that the guards in Tir city and Tir county attack neutrals on sight. That is if they follow the clan path from Tir.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

yeah u make a good point that its a noob guide so soloing az isnta huge priority.. I remember mybigtoe doing TOTW services (60 nt) so i assumed he could do az

Nicely written guide.

One small and rather unimportant amendment - Lien is a SHE ^^

I think this would be a good candidate for a sticky.
    Last edited by Loulita; Feb 15th, 2006 at 16:52:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivaan
    Lien and the Reanimator drop the Skull of Lamentation/Skull of Woe. Not sure if they can drop either or each holds a specific one, though. I've never really looked into it.
    Lien drops both and I believe Reanimator does too (Though haven't actually seen Woe on Rean, yet) the droprate on Woe is almost, if not as bad at GTA in my experience.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Loulita
    Nicely written guide.

One small and rather unimportant amendment - Lien is a SHE ^^

I think this would be a good candidate for a sticky.
    How is Lien a she? O.o

The gloves that are dropped are the Fist of Orion, which are great for Martial artists.
    Advisor Sabynne
    Community Relations
    Forums Ninja
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Social Guidelines

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sabynne
    The gloves that are dropped are the Fist of Orion, which are great for Martial artists.
    I edited that in my Khalum sub-section .... >.> I think...

An ARK replied to my thread... I feel - rather enlightened...

[edit]
    OMG - It got stickied! Thankies...
    [/edit]

I always through Lien was a guy

Gratz on your sticky

About the shoulderpads; it's guaranteed either one will drop, however, I don't think they can drop at the same time.
    I'll check again, but I think you can only get one pad from Rean and one from Yatilla.
    Edit: killed Rean and got Withered Flesh. Gonna check out Yatilla then kill them both again to test.
    Edit2: Killed Yatilla and got Barrow Strength.
    Edit3: Another Barrow Strength from Yatilla
    Edit: And as suspected, withered flesh from Rean.

And some of your items are missing links =P

Oh, and curator drops all 9 "of the three" rings =) (uncommon, one at a time)

also, I think it would be slightly more informative (not that it isn't very much so already) if you said the Rings of the three were dropped by the same mobs that drop the cloaks, Something like "They all drop special robes and rings, some more often than others." Rather than just mentioning the one dropped by the Exarches.
    You might also want to mention that the rings and robes scale with the mob.
    Bronze + Faithfull
    Silver + Acolyte
    Gold + reverend
    Platinum + Windcaller
    Notum + Exarch
    (Cultists sometimes drop Bronze)

Pretty sure DoT drops Howling Skull, not Skull of Woe
    Edit: Waiting on DoT spawn to check
    Edit2: Killed him and he dropped two Howling Skulls

Would be nice to mention you can trade Exarch Robes to the guy outside for Sealed IS passes and sell them for about 100k. (Last time I checked anyway)

I think Skull of woe is rare, while skull of Lamentation is common. I remember trying to find Woe on my MP and never got a single drop, while lamentation came up every two or three kills (Was camping DMs at the time as well). I've only ever seen it once and that was on my keeper yesterday.

Might wanna note that Lien can hit for 310+ (310 with over 2k ACs) and that GoT can hit you every single second with alternating attack types, Melee and Projectile (even if you're under him). Keep those heals coming =)

The rarity of Tears of uklesh makes baby jesus cry

You never mentioned that Some of the mobs in Nemes room drop energy Scythes, an ok 2he to put on before you can weild the frosty.

There's also the rings mentioned in my last post in case you missed those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tianai
    There's also:
    - Ring of tattered Flame
    - Ring of Weeping Flesh
    - Bloodleech Ring
    - Ring of Eternal Night
    Which drop randomly of the non-cultist humanoid mobs and on some of the bosses.

And Nano Crystal (Lien's Crystalizer) drops from windcaller Yatilla.
    Yatilla is the one in the room before Reanimator, just in case you forgot.

There are claims of Skull of the Ancient dropping from azzy, though I cannot confirm it and only FC can deny it.
    Also Inner Faith, (conflicting drop sources). Again, never seen it, supposedly not in game.
    Any information on these two, from anyone, would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Tianai; Feb 15th, 2006 at 22:06:00.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast