Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saetos's Guide to the Temple of Three Winds!

Ahhh, Saetos got something stickied.
    Anyways, a couple more links for the Temple so that are all in one place.

Link to AO Startics guide. Has a nice map on where it is located from Tir so people can find as well as links to everything that you can find to Auno.

Link to AO Vault's guide written by Sil. Has some nice pictures of the Mobs along with the guide.

Link to another guide out there that I like as it has a map and the items list lists who drops things which I find helpful when trying to get an item.

Lastly, for all the poor MA's out there trying to complete their books, here is a link to a thread that can help.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride!!!"
    Deathwalker / Deadcalm / Deathleech / Deathforce
    Tiger Claw is Recruiting

i dont think the frozen tear is quite as bad droprate as people seem to think, as i've seen several in my time killing the three (hey, everyone has to have a hobby). i think the main problem is, once uklesh is dead you generally have better things to do than worry about looting the corpse, ie killing khalum (the easy part) and re-nanoing/healing for aztur, and by the time aztur drops, uklesh has rotted. As in many cases uklesh isnt even checked it may have led people to believe it has a worse (ie ungodly) droprate than it already has.
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

Wink

Following the more important of Tianai's additions, I've done my second overhaul.

I've added "Money Making Items" to the guide, the thing about Skull of the Ancient's horrible droprate, Windcaller Yatila to the boss section, and the four special rings.

Bask in the guide, peeps!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

"Boss Cultists" lol. Nice =)

Hope this helps out a few newbies, I'll make sure to direct anyone here if I see any questions in OOC when I'm there.

Now to go find some of those pills Yatilla is taking for my Keeper.

And link those items you lazy person

Edit: Just noticed you're missing the word Skull in Howling Skull
    Love the paragraph about Ninja looting. Too many people gut you alive when you do that as a newbie, confuses the hell outta ya.
    Last edited by Tianai; Feb 16th, 2006 at 03:33:37.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Tianai
    And link those items you lazy person

Edit: Just noticed you're missing the word Skull in Howling Skull
    WHAT?! I'm shocked!!!... yes, I'm lazy. If I've mentioned the item somewhere, then yes, I won't link the item again.

I'm missing "Skull"? Well... time to edit...

The guide is currently iEN FUEGO! Bask in t3h gl0rY!

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    The guide is currently iEN FUEGO! Bask in t3h gl0rY!
    I'll bask as soon as I find out what that means and note you missed a few links.
    Namely the Skull of Woe/Lamentation, gloves of orion and the four attack rings.

Other than that, guide looks beautifull and complete. Great piece of work and you should feel proud for the great deed you have done society

Now to go camp GoT some more

Edit: Google says ien are internet reports and Feugo is a volcano... doesn't seem right to me
    Edit2: It's not 'on fire' is it?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

I'll bask as soon as I find out what that means and note you missed a few links.
    Namely the Skull of Woe/Lamentation, gloves of orion and the four attack rings.
    I've got AUNO on a second window, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Edit2: It's not 'on fire' is it?
    Sí, estalo! ... erm, yeah, it is... it's on FIYAH! ... ... yeah.

I'll, um, fix the links. <blushes>

Edit: Google says ien are internet reports and Feugo is a volcano... doesn't seem right to me
    That is not the letter 'i' it's an upside down Explanation mark, and is a form of punctuation in spanish. When doing ! or ? you put an upside down one at the beginning of the sentence.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    That is not the letter 'i' it's an upside down Explanation mark, and is a form of punctuation in spanish. When doing ! or ? you put an upside down one at the beginning of the sentence.
    I have no idea what the ASCII code for the upside down exclamation mark was so I put a lowercase I... close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have no idea what the ASCII code for the upside down exclamation mark was so I put a lowercase I... close enough
    hehe i meant "supposed to be"

anywho ¡ = Alt0161
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Anyone know how to use the dark portal or if it's fixed? I did a search but the last reply was a year old and said it was broke.

And you missed the link for 'Fists of Orion'
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

last i heard the portal is still broken, yet in the descriptions for the rings it says you can use it.... odd it doesnt work :/
    Trousers on pirate day: I says Arrrrrr!!!! While I Pee. Arrrrrr Peeeeee! Yarr!

a note on the ninja looting part: FC sees ninja looting as some1 outside the team, looting a nodrop item from a corpse. and that any1 inside the team who was given rights to loot has earned the right to loot the item, without a roll or fairly winning the right to loot.

and yes i do know this because i've had to read up on what was considered ninja looting a lot, had some problems with it in the past. its now one of the first things on the list of answeres when you do /petition. and in there is a lot about what FC considers ninjalooting and not. :/

thats just my 2 cents. trying to help this out, and grats on sticky and great guide.
    Trousers on pirate day: I says Arrrrrr!!!! While I Pee. Arrrrrr Peeeeee! Yarr!

Thanks Pillage!

Now to make my guide higher than Fixerspy's! <eb0l laugh>

If I remember right....isn't there some agent only armor that drop in the Aztur room also. I remember camping there with an org mate a while for the helmet in that set. Drops from the acolytes,reverends etc etc, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina
    If I remember right....isn't there some agent only armor that drop in the Aztur room also. I remember camping there with an org mate a while for the helmet in that set. Drops from the acolytes,reverends etc etc, I think.
    Yes the shadowfade armor. No Drop and Agent only. Mostly drops of Reverands and Windcallers from my experiences

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Just through I'd note that after a lot more killing, it seem's lien has a rare chance to drop both skulls at once, Rean has a rare chance to drop both skulls/pads and Yatilla also has a rare chance to drop both pads. The chance of it happening are probably only slightly more common than finding GTA =P
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

Just through I'd note that after a lot more killing, it seem's lien has a rare chance to drop both skulls at once, Rean has a rare chance to drop both skulls/pads and Yatilla also has a rare chance to drop both pads. The chance of it happening are probably only slightly more common than finding GTA =P
    Interesting, will tinker with guide pretty soon

I'm very glad to see this thread's still alive (implant guide seems abit dormant )

TopSticky4Guide!

Gartua the doorkeeper isn't as hard as you describe, in fact, he's much easier than nematet or lien. Most reasonably prepared level 60 characters should be able to solo him.

It might be good to note the 3 versions of the Notum Ring, as those are something that a lot of players seek in the temple. The 3 rings are only different in which nanoskills they add to. The common ring (100% drop from the appropriate exarch in Aztur's room) adds to PM/SI. The rare rings add to MM/BM or MC/TS. The best place to hunt for the rare rings is by killing the Curator repeatedly. Droprate on these is low, however, comparable to GTA or Keeper's Vit.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Updated Gartua.

Can you tell me the names of those rings?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast