Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saetos's Guide to the Temple of Three Winds!

The two rare notum rings of the three are called exactly the same as the common one. Have to actually look at the ring and see its modifiers to see which one it is you lucked unto. IMO, droprate of the rings is not even close to how bad the droprate is for GTA or Keepers....On two of my chars, I've got both GTA and Keepers, both took ages to drop.. all my chars have at least 2 if not 3 of the rings(depending on the prof), just had to hit Curator a few times. May be unlucky and get a bad run, but I've never had much trouble getting the rings on all my 8 chars

lol

i really hate totw

Quote Originally Posted by goonies
    i really hate totw
    Okidoke.
    Next!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Okidoke.
    Next!
    I love Saetos and his guide <3
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Nice job, lil bro

*huggles*
    Ryenta ~ 216/15 Adventurer

~ Recruitment Officer of Shadow Ops ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenta
    Nice job, lil bro

*huggles*
    ((ooh hi Ryenta))

Good work with the rooted grats...
    ...Not really anything here

Added info about Notum Splice and its Nano-Tech requirement confusion, plus its effect when right-clicked.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Reiterating Cybertron's comment about the three kinds of Notum rings. Otherwise a reader playing a doc might see a second one, go "Oh, I have a Notum ring already", and let that nice BM/MM rot (which we can't have, can we? )

And you could link to Engelen's MA guide in the MA attacks paragraph. Engelen has a list of mobs for the various parts of ToE (part 3 and 4 of which can be a huge pain, as bad as if not worse than GTA (where you at least know which mob you have to kill))

Oh, and then, personally, I don't like the way you portray trains, especially given this guide is aimed at new players. Do you want everyone to learn "training is okay"? I sure don't. (Actually, I wonder how many teams trained to dot and were then wiped by their own train... hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwu
    Reiterating Cybertron's comment about the three kinds of Notum rings. Otherwise a reader playing a doc might see a second one, go "Oh, I have a Notum ring already", and let that nice BM/MM rot (which we can't have, can we? )

Oh, and then, personally, I don't like the way you portray trains, especially given this guide is aimed at new players. Do you want everyone to learn "training is okay"? I sure don't. (Actually, I wonder how many teams trained to dot and were then wiped by their own train... hehe)
    I mentioned the three rings that drop under The Curator. Can you clarify?

Fixed "train to DOT" vocabulary for #2

Thanks!

sat i saw this thread at lvl 56...lol tough luck
    LVL19engineer: can soemoen tell me what i should trully play profession for beign a begginer?
    HighLvlMA: i told you enfs, and mas are easy
    LVL19engineer: mas?
    HighLvlMA: martial artists
    LVL19engineer: hat would you recommned
    HighLvlMA: one of those two
    LVL19engineer: how are martial artist
    HighLvlMA: mas are fine
    LVL19engineer: i want something that is good for beeginer and easy to learn what should i be?
    HighLvlMA: omfg i just told you!
    HighLvlMA: either enf or ma
    HighLvlMA: pick one
    LVL19engineer: which is better fighting?
    HighLvlMA: rofl omg
    HighLvlMA: just pick one
    ...continued on...

Got bored and read through it.
    You covered the basis very nicely so far. Keep up the good work.

Maybe add some pictures of the different mobs and what not would add that extra little uhmp to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerno
    Maybe add some pictures of the different mobs and what not would add that extra little uhmp to it.
    I know about Photobucket but I'm a newbie in those areas, so I can't really do things like that

Thanks for the compliment tho

That's what Faunlore is for anyway. Now all we need are people to submit pictures and complete all the guides, if the site is even active.

Xianghua, i like soul caliber a lot huh? lol

REALLY nice guide 2 thumbs up d-(^.^)-b

drops from Curator

Hi, great guide.

Just had a Purifying Rod drop from the Curator FYI.

Cheers.

Still a nice guide, but one thing to correct:

Windcaller Yatilla is male, not female.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrenta
    Still a nice guide, but one thing to correct:

Windcaller Yatilla is male, not female.
    Nitpicker

Will add Umnumshibai's (and Berrenta's) fixin's. Thanks guys!

One small addition to an otherwise excellent piece of work.....

At the end, you listed some common things you may hear inside the temple. One of the most common I hear (and funniest IMO) is to hear people refer to The Curator as 'Yoda.'

Kudos, keep up the great work!

Excellent guide!

Quote Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
    One small addition to an otherwise excellent piece of work.....

At the end, you listed some common things you may hear inside the temple. One of the most common I hear (and funniest IMO) is to hear people refer to The Curator as 'Yoda.'
    Yeah, that might be worth a vocabulary mention - and gave me a good laugh first time I heard it as well.

also...

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    % The Stygian Desolator 100%, has been reported to drop as many as 13...
    Are you serious? Most I've ever seen is 3.

Also with Lien... have never seen more than 2 DMs on a single corpse (once there was 2 DMs and a Memory Loop, which was awesome, since I soloed and could take it all... talk about lucky)
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast