Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most difficult but rewarding class to play?

Most difficult but rewarding class to play?

What's probably the class that is toughest at lower levels, but very good pvp/pvm when they are a high level?

I would have to guess the 'crat

yeah crat is definately the most complex which is why there are the fewest playing it. I assume if you get good it would be a very rewarding proffession.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

crat or fixer.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Fixer? Fat chance. Dispense runbuffs, plink away with your SMG for the rest of the mission.

I vote for agents :P

I'm biased.. but I would say agent. Why? Because we suck until 50+ the slowly come into our own.. because the class is infinitely flexible and complex (due to FP/mimic).. because of the ability to easily sneak 100% missions (I admit to having a loot fetish).. and nothing quite so fun as to be slipping unseen through a mission.. then abruptly pop out the shadows and nail a mob with a 10k aimed shot (rare, but it makes it all the pain of dark blue evades, dark blue body dev, and nearly always drawing aggro worthwhile...)

Eyesandy
    104 Omni Agent - RK2

The problem with crats is that you need to use a bot. Bot AI is very poorly coded and your bot will get stuck in chairs, tables, doorways. Sometimes your bot will run away and leave you in a mission. Sometimes your bot will run through the entire mission and then return with 10 enemies who promptly kill you. Bot babysitting is too much stress for me to play a crat. Missions take 3 times longer than usual when your bot cant navigate a simple doorway without you holding its hand...

Originally posted by Shub
    Fixer? Fat chance. Dispense runbuffs, plink away with your SMG for the rest of the mission.
    wow Shub... you got lots of criticism and no suggestions... Very Helpful!

Fixer actually does not fit very well in this category. At lower levels, the fixer is actually very easy to play and is about one of the strongest professions around sub-40th.

They don't get hard to play until after level 40 or so, but with the additions of 14.4, even then they're not too bad. At least, no where near as bad as they used to be.

NT?

If played correctly they can be very rewarding. And they are quite badass at higher levels.

Im biased too, but i think agent is most complex and rewarding to play. When reaching high lvl other profesions can play with different weapons and armor, but agents have 11 other profesions they can have fun with too.

I'd say doc... for the obvious reasons that its very hard to keep newbies alive up till 120ish due to mistakes and error, and they're awesome at pvp/pvm at high lvls. And you'll always get a team!
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Demono

wow Shub... you got lots of criticism and no suggestions... Very Helpful!
    He's had a couple posts like that on doc forum
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned engineers yet.

Weapon selection is open as you dont really have any green skills there (pistol is semi-green, heavy weaps and grenade is semi-blue)

you have your bot which always gives yu a sense of completion when you get the next type (its also a great way of showing off your power, being level 85 and doing team missions with a slayer is more evident than a soldier using a nice gun, you have to pay close attention to the damage log to be impressed there).

Tradeskills, its really fun when Funcom implements a new tradeskill element, and you most likely already have the skills to try it out (Exclude needing an uber-rare item to complete the process, PPE anyone? Very unfun.. fun for the 1 guy who finds it maybe, but very unfun for the rest of us..).
    When theres a new patch, soldier and enfs are camping a new mob for a new item, engineers and traders go to the shop and make the other new item

oops, I seem to have ranted.

I've played Enf, Doc, Trader, MP, Crat and NT to reasonable levels, IMO (and everyone enjoys different things or finds different things challenging):

Enf - Simple to play, takes more brain power than you'd epect to play a good tank at low levels in proper hunting situations. No brainer at high levels.

Doc - Reasonable challenge when you first start healing a team, gets a lot simpler as you get higher and the healing becomes automatic.

Trader - Pre nerf healing traders was by a long way the most complex. Juggling drains, calms and heals to be able to heal at a high level while fighting was a big challenge. A lot duller now.

MP - Average, didn't really excite me. Well equipped and with a lot of money you can fairly easily get good enough pets to take the challenge out of it.

Crat - Rewarding and challenging in solo missions right up until the point where charms become useless. Average in team missions.

NT - Pretty easy so far but my NT is pretty twinked. I can imagine playing an NT as a first character with poor equipment would be quite challenging.

The problem with crats is that you need to use a bot

Most high level crats rarely use bots.

Rewarding at high levels?

I'd have to say NT and Doctor.

which is wierd considering that ALL high lvl MP/engies uses Pets.... Does it mean the high lvl crats you're talking about aren't skilled enough to control their bots?

crat pets are weaker than MP/engineer pets and also crats get +7% crit or +100 atk rating buffs at high levels which makes them do more damage with the guns so sometimes you do more damage if stick to the tank and start shooting nuking as soon as possible then wasting a few seconds trying to get your bot through the door.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast