Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate/Consolidated Engineer breed choice guide

Opi Engy <3

And not just TL7 either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKali View Post
    Opi Engy <3

And not just TL7 either.
    Good and helpful post.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Opi Engy <3

TL1 too!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Opi Engy <3

TL1 too!
    Who fed the troll?

Does this mean Obssesive still roams the land of Rubi-Ka? Post in the "Who is your engi" thread if he is
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Does this mean Obssesive still roams the land of Rubi-Ka? Post in the "Who is your engi" thread if he is
    Only very rarely. Actually noticed that my account runs out in 4 days. Last time I resusbscribed to be able to post on forums and hit the 6month thingy. Doubt I'll continue this time, so might start a few contests the next few days and give away all my stuff.

You better tell us what game you play now

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    You better tell us what game you play now
    My signature tells you I'm playing EVE. Not hardcore though, just a few hours here and there. Mainly waiting for Age of Conan, or something else interesting to pop up.

Anyway, the temperature is rising and daylight fighting it's way to dominance again here up north, so I might just stay mmorpg-clean for the summer.

All i know is that when i rolled my engi (many moons ago) the 'master' engineers a that time said opifex was the best.

I have hate engineer professions ever since.

In all seriousness i think it comes down to what you want to do with your engineer.

Opifex choose people who want to be totalcrafter/good dd (I think only opi can put on 2 300 LE pistols). Pvp with pistols is possible, isnt good like with AS weapon but posible. Opi eng could get 2600 AR on pistols with towers, 300 imps, css and panda/tara stuff (it much harder to do than get cap on AS)

Solitus has huge hp advantages .......... about 300hp. I dont know how much solitus has healdelta points at 220lvl, my opiengi has 160 every second.

For omni i think opisb better couse i can lend all my perks every 5 hours, even demolish nanodran on adv (+800 all off and +13%crit)

What about soli brid genom heal. For duel it's a good perk in mass pvp is nothink, couse if you can runaway you will run, if you cant runaway you will be killed through this slow hot.

I've made total crafter/dd/pvp eng, and opi the best brid for it. For pvp only soly the best choose, but atm no one the best in pvp even Gotak. So Bukevin place still avalible
    Last edited by Alceona; Mar 9th, 2007 at 22:39:41.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Alceona View Post
    (I think only opi can put on 2 300 LE pistols).
    really ....
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Quote Originally Posted by Moertje View Post
    really ....
    Boo, I somehow missed that comment
    As the only problem to equip it was MR,
    I think all breeds can dual ql300 pereg mk6, and MR is 60% agi, 40% int, so it is hardest for troxes. I doubt they have a problem too, as I used very small contracts, and didn't use exterminator eye.

I hate to come in on this thread WAY late, but I have to ask one question... I see alot of focus on PVP Engineers and which breed is better... What if you simply do not want to PvP and just want to make the absolute minmaxed tradeskiller/PvEer? Is a trader truly better for tradeskilling? From what I have seen, Solitus or Nanomage for tradeskilling is the best option with Nanomage taking the prize due to the focus on int and such. If I am wrong, please correct me, but I have been reading over these boards for HOURS trying to make a decision and none of the discussions focus on PvE/Tradeskilling alone. Take PvP out of the mix and discuss? I would really like to see more information on this observation.
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Wait, breeds matter for PVE?

Just choose the one with best boobs.

Also yes, Trader is better tradeskiller

Can Traders do the same and more that Engineers can do or do Engineers have access to more specialized tradeskilling than Traders? What defines the better tradeskiller?
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Quote Originally Posted by Spazgadget View Post
    Can Traders do the same and more that Engineers can do or do Engineers have access to more specialized tradeskilling than Traders? What defines the better tradeskiller?
    Engineers have dark-blue psychology. Traders don't have dark-blue anything, tradeskill-wise.

Talking to trader friends, however, gives me the impression that having high tradeskills gimps traders for PvP and PvE more than it does for us. Engineers are also capable of dealing monstrous damage with toons capable of every tradeskill combine. Traders can't deal monstrous damage under any circumstances :P
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Traders themselves are more naturally suited for tradeskills as far as IP cost goes, but our overall toolset compensates for that, and then some.
    Because Race Yalm

Heh... engineer.. trader..

Played both, enjoyed both. Was only able to get the trader up to TL-6 and then the lack of damage and inability to get teams drove me to just give up.

Trader essentially has less (IP) cost in just about everything.. from evades to runspeed, tradeskills and weapon skills. Not having any green nano skills, we beat them out there, but the highest nanoskill requirements they have is 1800, and thats a buff from the new nanodeck nanos. Most trader nanos are around 1000 I would say, which is where a trader really has the advantage, not to mention that their drains will give them a nanoskill boost.

However, unlike us, most of their nanos are in-combat use, where as engineer is more like a keeper.. buff once and then thats pretty much it.

Personally I believe an engineer can get higher maximum tradeskills (green skills) then a trader can. However that advantage is far beyond use, as both should be able to make everything in game.

The main difference being, if your a tradeskill engineer you still have your pets and pistols... if your a tradeskill trader you still have... uhm... a shotgun (which is crit based damage)...

Being a tradeskill trader hurts your combat skills a lot more then it does compared to a tradeskill engineer.

In the short run, trader is more fun to play, in the long run engineer is most likely the better time investment.

However, I will leave you with this quote I have from my logs..

[Telbot] Takun: Well I'd rather play a trader or a shade then deal with this bull****

(talking about rebuffing and buffing pets on BS)

Cheers :P
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Solitus.

The return of Krypto draws near, unless the chicken is overobsessed with sexxoring walls I might avoid an epic /fail.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

How do you know you don't want to pvp lateron? You can't know really. Breed only matters for boobs and pvp, it's not even a question when talking about pve.
    Therefor, seen the current status of breeds, I say DON'T GO OPI. And that comes from an opi engi
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Not seen this thread active for a while...

Like pretty much everyone before me has said, breed only realy matters (and not a great deal) for pvp these days.

The only breed I would realy avoid, no matter what you want to do with your engie is nanomage, unless its a lvl 60 totw twink (and i have seen a lvl 60 trox bust out a slayer now).
    The one defining advantage of nanomage was always better nano skills and uhm,, a complexion like veal.

But we have such an abundance of nano skill buffing items now that being nanomage realy doesnt make any difference at all aside from having lower hp.

Solitus will give you a nice all round engie, nothing massively impressive but it will work well and wont be much trouble to play.
    Opifex will get you better weapon skills (marginaly) slightly higher AR on most popular weapon choices and an easyer time of equiping supple based armours, but at the cost of a small amount of HP.
    Trox will give you lots of hp but have a slightly harder time of twinking end game symbs and at very low lvls your nano pool will dictate how high you can twink your pets rather than how much mc/ts you can muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast