Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New grid point in Tir?

how can you have shop in tir?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnix
    Bah, now it'll take forever to finish the pad quest on new toons (as I'm not silly enough to run through Tir as a Omni).

But oh well. I'm sure it sucks for clammers getting through Omni-Ent.
    There's many ways to circumvent these things you know. Ever heard of fixgrids and yalms?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Dnix
    Bah, now it'll take forever to finish the pad quest on new toons (as I'm not silly enough to run through Tir as a Omni).

But oh well. I'm sure it sucks for clammers getting through Omni-Ent.
    You talking about the tagging at bot mountain? Don't omnis have the easiest way via ToTW?

And I wouldn't run through Omni-Ent to tag in Galway... It's safer to run from Galway Shire... Though it takes as much time as it would take omnis to run from Tir to tag at bot mountain...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex
    You talking about the tagging at bot mountain? Don't omnis have the easiest way via ToTW?
    After 60 you can't use the ToTW portal in Rome Green, so it's either run from the current Tir grid, or wait until you can get your Permanent IS pass at 125 (if you're lucky, and that works for All), so for those 65 levels there's no "easiest way" for Omni.
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

Quote Originally Posted by Ainen
    After 60 you can't use the ToTW portal in Rome Green, so it's either run from the current Tir grid, or wait until you can get your Permanent IS pass at 125 (if you're lucky, and that works for All), so for those 65 levels there's no "easiest way" for Omni.
    Fixgrid seems easy enough. Or if you have money/vet points for a yalm.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ainen
    Did I ever mention that we on DNW still don't have the nice IS portal in Borealis? When I last asked a GM about the reasons, I got "there have been crash loop issues with that thing" - which sounds like utter rubbish as RK1/2 would have the same problems then.
    /me pokes Silirrion.. would you please get us one of them shiny blue portals?
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus
    how can you have shop in tir?
    At a guess he means that they use a specific shop as a gathering spot, not that they have a player shop, which requires a market building, which requires a player city.
    Several orgs use/have used a specific BY in the same manner, at least on the Clan side.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Might wanna consider putting the grid on top of FT since tir is hella confusing (specially the corner it is with the vet shop) I remember getting lost there everything is a sandy building copy pasted all over, would be closer to arena and closer to FT for froobs.

might wanna put it abit south near tent to avoid omnis getting axed by good old silverstone as well, but im not gonna complain about that, sounds like a good thing to me :P
    Freshman $oulez 220/25 atrox bureaucrat
    Freshman $oule$oldier 220/29 nanomage NT - Stuff (outdated)
    Freshman Duratrox 220/20 Kung fu master

Tir is extremely easy to walk around in if you take 2 seconds to look where you're going
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave
    Huh? Moving Newland Grid serves no friggin purpose. It's always been there,...
    No its not always been there. It was like 1000 meters higher than now
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    I wasn't aware that the makeup of Tir had ever changed except for the whompas used to be be on top of Fair Trade in the center (where Simon is now).
    They removed a lot of nice cul-de-sacs that trapped the unwary and added bridges across the canals.
    Learning how to navigate Tir used to be an acomplishment... now it's boringly easy.
    Please bring back the cul-de-sacs. I'm surprised that Silverstone hasn't done it already since the original maze-like Tir would have been so much easier to defend with lightly armed infantry(that's us).
    Oh, and they should re-open Fizbans quest as well.

Instead of moving the current grid point I think they should add a second tir grid point on the top floor of the grid (Tir plaza) that of course drops you off right outside the happy rebel.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Jun 30th, 2006 at 12:32:36.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaghelion
    They removed a lot of nice cul-de-sacs that trapped the unwary and added bridges across the canals.
    Learning how to navigate Tir used to be an acomplishment... now it's boringly easy.
    Please bring back the cul-de-sacs. I'm surprised that Silverstone hasn't done it already since the original maze-like Tir would have been so much easier to defend with lightly armed infantry(that's us).
    Oh, and they should re-open Fizbans quest as well.

Instead of moving the current grid point I think they should add a second tir grid point on the top floor of the grid (Tir plaza) that of course drops you off right outside the happy rebel.
    cul-da-WHAT?

also, how did people go to the "island" when there were no bridges?

cul-da-WHAT?

Swimmiing was a bad idea, the liquid was toxic.

Yeah well, them bridges were there when I came through for the first time in '01 so it's a looong time since that "change" was made.
    There was a bit of a flap once, about those annoying invisible walls in the sky that should be removed. Some of those are still there, btw. Maybe they opened a few wall then, too.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

cul-da-WHAT?

They added additional bridges, there was initally only two, one north and one south I belive... could be wrong. But there was initially only two bridges
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

cul-da-WHAT?

Hey, are you mocking my skills in the french language?
    Cul-de-sac: a dead-end street with only one entrance or exit.

There were some more blocking walls (both visible and unvisible) so if you took the wrong turn you had to work your way back.

I didn't mean to say that there were no bridges... the south and east bridges were always there, but they did add the west and north bridges and straightened out the paths quite a bit. The path from Tir grid term to the west gate had a lot more twists and turns before.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

*bump* for this kick in the face of neuts/omnis who want to get to totw/is..
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet
    *bump* for this kick in the face of neuts/omnis who want to get to totw/is..
    If you're going to ToTW there is a portal in rome and if you're going to IS there's a portal in Borealis. For the ones who don't have the borealis portal, it's pretty much tough luck but as already mentioned, there's yalms and fixer grid for that.

Now they just need to move the Newland grid back inside the city too.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea
    For the ones who don't have the borealis portal, it's pretty much tough luck
    A patch that affects all three servers should not penalize one server more than the others.
    If Funcom decides to move the grid back into Tir city, they should at least give DNW the same portal that RK1 and RK2 have. We just demand equal treatment.

A minor annoyance, but it seems to make some people happy, so a good thing I guess.

Would like a grid entry inside Newland, the exit can stay where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea
    If you're going to ToTW there is a portal in rome and if you're going to IS there's a portal in Borealis. For the ones who don't have the borealis portal, it's pretty much tough luck but as already mentioned, there's yalms and fixer grid for that.

Now they just need to move the Newland grid back inside the city too.

You know, Neut's can just use the portal that is in rome... I even use it, and I'm clan. It's really easy to get to, just hope through jobe platform, and bam, your there. If clan can use the rome portal, neut's can also.

Neut's can also use the IS portal in WA, omni likely can also, as the guards are gimps there.....
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast