Thread: TOTW shade twink?

TOTW shade twink?

Anyone tried getting their shade to level 60 and twink him?

heard lowbe shades are gimpy soloers and damage dealers at lower levels.. have not found out myself just yet

thinking of making a level 60 shade twink. powerleveled to 50 now, and i want to get to 60 and make him a totw twink..

anyone tried this? tried searching but didnt find what i was looking for..

what might a lvl 60 shade twink be able to solo in totw?
    anyone got any tips/suggestions/urls that might help?

i love my shade, but seriously, compared to a lvl 50 fixer twink he is nothing ^^
    litteraly...

help/suggestions/comments? all help appreciated
    if someone even have a setup saved on their lvl 60 shade then even better

shades twinks are a bad idea for the good reason that spirits are level locked unlike implants. you can put QL200 implants on a tl3 twink while it's impossible for a shade. also shades benefit mainly from perks, that's why they are gimp as lowbies but become uber in higher levels as they get more power from perks, that cannot be twinked

Quote Originally Posted by Ll4m4
    shades twinks are a bad idea for the good reason that spirits are level locked unlike implants. you can put QL200 implants on a tl3 twink while it's impossible for a shade. also shades benefit mainly from perks, that's why they are gimp as lowbies but become uber in higher levels as they get more power from perks, that cannot be twinked

awww, you're right, i didnt think of that ><

but... if i put on a full set of ql 80 spirits (level 59 req.. if i even CAN get them on at level 60 that is) what then? shouldn't i be able to solo something? ^^ like GoT perhaps?

my very first character in this game, a gimpy froob MA, soloed GoT just fine... won't i atleast be able to do that?
    '
    better list the questions else both wont be answered

1. will a level 60 opifex shade have problem equipping ql 80 spirits?
    2. with a full set of ql 80 spirits and wrangle to equip some groovy weapon, will my shade still be able to solo GoT at very least ?

My lvl 60 shade is not really a twink but no so far behind. All I miss is some predator pieces. It's kind of difficult to put predator on but not impossible.

Here is a link to my equipment:
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=34493

I have not included the spirits but I have almost in all the places the best spirits I can equip at this lvl.

I can solo self buffed Got and Nematet. With a little healing or some minor OB I can solo Lien.

While the solo abilities are not incredible compared to other professions I do a lot of dammage. I can OD most of the players inside totw (except highly twinked chars probably).

For pvp I only tried to pvp once a level 60 GA fixer and I didn't have any chance cause I couldn't hit or perk him. I assume that I won't stand a chance though in front of any twinked profession.
    Omni (RK1)

Devil's Advocate

iirc the main issue for equiping spirits at low level is rather the lvl req than the agi/sen so you can probably put a full set of ql80 spirits easily

for totw 80% of the people there are newbies, any well sorted toon by someone having a bit of knowledge of the game and funds to equip his toon decently will outperform them by far, I tested it with many toons including "gimp" profs like crat for example, at level 50+ if you're well sorted you pretty much pwn most stuff in totw

Pet profs, when correctly twinked with very high level pets, are all but gimps, including crats, and a slayer eats Aztur in a few seconds...

Twinked agents can deliver 6k+ AS in totw and insta kill most of the mobs/boss there.

As said before, a shade will have problems with level locks. The true power of the shade is after ~190...
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by aindrei
    I can solo self buffed Got and Nematet. With a little healing or some minor OB I can solo Lien.
    Isn't Lien a tad bit easier to solo than Nematet? (just curious actually)
    Hey ? ! Where did my signature go. . . ?

Nah, Lien is harder than Nema. The little pets+the AoE nuke, and Lien hits a bit harder than Nema does (my agent tanked them both in the same gear, and I died on Lien whereas Nema couldn't kill me).

Hmmm thats stuff to remember - i thought it was the other way round... then again, im not such a totw fan and dont really need to have the items there most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dnix
    Nah, Lien is harder than Nema. The little pets+the AoE nuke, and Lien hits a bit harder than Nema does (my agent tanked them both in the same gear, and I died on Lien whereas Nema couldn't kill me).
    As MP I am usually able to solo Lien earlier than Nema. By 5-10 lvls or so.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Now this make me rethink it all Metaing...

I already thought that Lien was a lil easier...

I can remember trying both with my MA once:
    -Nematet killed my MA (I had one low level Keeper teammate) fairly easy.
    -Lien nearly got killed by me when I soloed her, I brought her hp back to less then 5% and only because my Red Dawn was availble 2 seconds too late...