Thread: Technical (monitors/resolution)

Question Technical (monitors/resolution)

Will there be added higher resolutions for widescreen ?

Highest at the moment is 1440*900*32

1680*1050*32 would be nice (or even 1920*1200*32)

1680*1050 does already work. Want a proof? Count the pixels in the screenshot
    Click me

In fact, AO is one of the more exotic-resolution friendly programs (in my experience)

Its more probable that resolution is the one who is suppored as max, by your own monitor.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Psyloche
    Its more probable that resolution is the one who is suppored as max, by your own monitor.
    Maybe... but I don't think so... I don't have a widescreen monitor... But i am getting one within two weeks, and the optimal resolution for that one is 1680*1050 so... Do that mean I will be able to run that resolution in AO too ? (Graphics card is not a problem atm (got x850xt pe))

Quote Originally Posted by MrK
    Maybe... but I don't think so... I don't have a widescreen monitor... But i am getting one within two weeks, and the optimal resolution for that one is 1680*1050 so... Do that mean I will be able to run that resolution in AO too ? (Graphics card is not a problem atm (got x850xt pe))
    Most likely, AO can run in more or less any resolution in my experience, as long as your monitor supports it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

1920x1200 doesn't work?

Hmm, wonder how I have been able to play at that resolution for over a year and a half now
    Sykepleieren 220 doc
    Helsefarlig 220 sol
    Plommesaft 150 ma
    Plomme fixer project

AO HAVE to run the same resolution ur monitor can, as to run in window mode, so if ur monitor/gfx support a givend resolution AO do it also.

And yes it will also run in 1920x1200

Any way to set your own window size when running windowed mode ? As atm I can select between 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 (and of course lower resolutions) for my 1600x1200 monitor. I would really like something in between.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing
    Any way to set your own window size when running windowed mode ? As atm I can select between 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 (and of course lower resolutions) for my 1600x1200 monitor. I would really like something in between.
    There are various programs that can create custom resolutions for you (like Powerstrip, though I'm sure there's free ones too and some drivers allow it too), just google some. There's also a registry hack that allows you to do it clicky.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Theanor
    1680*1050 does already work. Want a proof? Count the pixels in the screenshot
    Click me

In fact, AO is one of the more exotic-resolution friendly programs (in my experience)

That screenshot picture just remind me the text what you can see at ground when you fly.

Did you notes?

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

The text was the reason I took the screenshot - so, yes, I noticed.

1920*1200 "works" but you get a stretched picture. At least I do.

Its All About The Phats.
    Theanor, WTH is that text on the floor in your screenshot??!

I someone else mentioned if you'd noticed it, but ive never seen it before...

Do you have any info?
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

its a bug with ATi cards and AO that various bits of your graphics memory decide to piss all over the ground
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

It's the the name of the mob that was in the target and appeared after some switching-to-desktop-and-back actions.

At first, I thought it was a very cool announcement of an event...

(and yes, I use an ATI card)

i got a wide screen to, but do not get the option to chose a wide screen resolution...
    for some reason only weird resolutions are in my screen setup.

for example:
    1920x600
    1600x600

i want 1440x900 but can't select it.
    any suggestions on how to select it?
    If life is a game, then i wanne CHEAT

Just as a side issue what would be really useful not only to those without widescreen, would be to run a second monitor that was dedicated to all utility windows... in effect making the main window one big beautiful picture uncluttered by inventory, chat or info windows all of which now come up on a second monitor.

Just a thought.