Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multi monitor

I had this setup, and working, before the last patch:

one CRT running 1600x1200 running as primary
    one TFT running 1280x1024 running as secondary. (edited, thx crisalys :P)

I ran AO as _windowed_ 1600x1200 in the primary, and could browse the web, msn, manage winamp and everything else on the secondary, while AO window was still visible on the primary, i.e not minimizing or anything.

Can anyone tell me if this will work on again in 16.3?
    Last edited by Willoisa; Aug 16th, 2006 at 07:40:59.
    General of Ascension
    Daria "Willoisa" Zyrustine 220/20/52

Quote Originally Posted by Willoisa
    I had this setup, and working, before the last patch:

one CRT running 1600x1200 running as primary
    one TFT running 1280x1200 running as secondary.

I ran AO as _windowed_ 1600x1200 in the primary, and could browse the web, msn, manage winamp and everything else on the secondary, while AO window was still visible on the primary, i.e not minimizing or anything.

Can anyone tell me if this will work on again in 16.3?
    (Are you sure the LCD is running at 1280 x 1200 and not 1280 x 1024? 1280 x 1200 is almost square.)

I've logged in on the test server myself and confirmed that people who already use dual monitors and play AO on the Primary Screen in windowed mode will not see any difference.

In spite of the "fix" you still won't be able to shift the window from one screen to the other, nor will you be able to select some kind of ultra-high 2-screen resolution where the AO window spans across both screens.

My configuration:

Primary - 23" LCD Apple Cinema Display @ 1920 x 1200 (play AO in windowed mode on this)
    Secondary - 21" CRT Hitachi SuperScan Elite @ 1600 x 1200
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Great, so all will be fine and dandy again then. And since i'm a soldier, 16.3 is like christmas to me

No more disabling of the secondary monitor required in order to play AO! \o/
    General of Ascension
    Daria "Willoisa" Zyrustine 220/20/52

alright, tried it out a bit.
    Nvidia gforce 6600 gt, 84.21

dualview mode: windowed on both screen possible. with a BIG difference in fps, 42 on teh primary, 7 on the secondary. it also works with two instances at the same time one on each monitor. the frames go down quite a lot though, more than two instance on one screen (one getting minimized when switching so that the system doesnt have to render two games)

stretched mode: windowed on both screens at the same time works. stretched over the whole of both screen just crashed somewhere between launcher and client, window and fullscreen. And I realy dont like stretched since a taskbar on both screens and just everything stretched over both is not handy. smaller resolutions in the center, so one part left one part right seems to work too, but a bit instable.

sumup: it works, woot!
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling
    Anarchy is not single threaded, but each thread has a different purpose, and some are more busy than others (rendering, for example, is eating CPU).

And no, we're not planning to make any changes to the threading model. The horror...

DX9 would leave most of it to the graphics card which is at this date more complicated as your or mine main processor! Sure would take time, money and effort. I can however say that to my opinion AO is not really multithreaded seen it on dual core processors (not the latest intell one) and the hyperthreaded ones AO never used more as 50% of the multiple processors! Could run other apps without delay on the the reall multicore processors and on the hyperthreaded ones with a minimum delay.

If AO was reall multithreaded I should have seen multiple processors which did run at speeds over 50% never seen it on either.

Maybe my configuration is wrong but don't believe that to be true.
    Warlord01 --- 202 Meta-Physicist - AL 13
    Warlord2 ---- 200 Adventurer ----- AL 11
    Warlord1 ---- 184 Fixer ------------- AL 06
    President of Black Dawn Syndicate

hmm, I also kind of doubt AO is completely multi-threaded, as it doesnt BALANCE the work over the threads, and I also cant read a difference. My DualCore here wont get his ass over 50% either, so i dont know... DEVS?

oh, and is there any way to crack yer custom resolution in... which can be higher then 2048*1024? didnt manage to get it higher, i'd like a 3840*1024, thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12