Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Betepok View Post
    1) the latest, from link in your signature: v.0.9.3.321
    see this screenshot

3)see second screenshot
    Thanks. I understand now what you mean in 1). Ill see if i can get the backpack names in there.
    As for 3) I have to research a bit why some items show up as containers. Some belts show up as containers too. Might be the DB ripping thats messed up.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistic View Post
    Amazing application.

Only thing I found to be an issue; if you run AO before Item Assistant, and move an item or a bag, it will duplicate that bag or item on the Item Assistant.
    If I remember correctly, this is impossible to fix. The user-solution here is to zone once after starting IA. Other problems that can result from starting IA after OA are item moves not "detected", or wrong items moved between backpacks. Especially if you have moved/aquired/deleted items before starting IA. However, any errors will be fixed after opening backpacks after you zone with IA running.

IA could maybe give a baloon/toast "IA Started after AO. Please zone if you want IA updated." if it detects AO is running when starting up? I'm thinking similar to the playershop toast. And a "never show me this again" of course
    Last edited by RobotJunk; May 18th, 2009 at 09:40:04.

That would probably work.

Not really for my reference, but thinking of those who aren't familiar with 3rd party programs.
    Naturalistic -- 220/30 Doctor (Eternalist)
    Achillesma - 191/20 Martial Artist (Testlive Toon)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    http://forums.vhabot.net
    http://code.vhabot.net/trac/vhabot
    Helpbot Owner and Maintainer.
    Vhabot Developer and Project Administrator

Some feature requests:
    * Can we have a way of listing backpacks that are not full (ie. backpacks with less than 21 items in them)? This would be very usefull for 'unsorted' mules, and pocket boss pattern mules alike.
    * Can we have another 'copy information' option; one that copies just the name of the item?
    * Can we have a counter saying how many items matched the last search? would fit in nicely on that status bar at the bottom.
    * Can we have a way of specifying the default search dimension? This is a minor one, but still a bit annoying. I have to set it to RK2 every time I start AOIA.

Thanks for a great program; I doubt I would be able to play this game without it, now that I'm dependant on it.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

If I start to have backpacks with strange names (other than the strange names that I make myself, I mean) what does it mean?

How do I resolve this problem? Delete whole installation and start over?
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    * Can we have a way of specifying the default search dimension? This is a minor one, but still a bit annoying. I have to set it to RK2 every time I start AOIA.
    Yes, that one bugs me too.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    If I start to have backpacks with strange names (other than the strange names that I make myself, I mean) what does it mean?

How do I resolve this problem? Delete whole installation and start over?
    In what manner are they strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Yes, that one bugs me too.
    Fixed in trunk. It now recalls the last dimension choice you made before restart.

* Can we have a way of listing backpacks that are not full (ie. backpacks with less than 21 items in them)? This would be very usefull for 'unsorted' mules, and pocket boss pattern mules alike.
    Ill think about it. not quite sure where it would fit in though.

* Can we have another 'copy information' option; one that copies just the name of the item?
    Should be easy enough...

* Can we have a counter saying how many items matched the last search? would fit in nicely on that status bar at the bottom.
    Done and done.

I'd like to see better search, wildcard and/or regexp would be nice.
    Nanolisting by skill - See what nanos you can use with your current nanoskills
    RK1 Tradeskill Services

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Ill think about it. not quite sure where it would fit in though.
    How about adding a checkbox labeled 'show only backpacks', and once that is checked, have the "Backpack" collumn in the right-hand inventory list declare how many items are inside the respective backpacks?
    This would only be effective if you could sort by that collumn without also getting items that are actually inside backpacks, hence the checkbox.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbiter View Post
    I'd like to see better search, wildcard and/or regexp would be nice.
    You already have wildcard search. You can use the SQL wildcard character %.

Ex: Nano%Crystal%(

All search phrases are automatically pre- and post- fixed with the wildcard, so internally the example above would end up as %Nano%Crystal%(%.

I agree regexp would be nice, but i am unsure about SQLite's capabilities in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    In what manner are they strange?
    Like "Backpack-0986457927%3" or something like that.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Like "Backpack-0986457927%3" or something like that.
    If you get backpack names on the form "Backpack: xxxxxxxx" (replace x with number) it means the application was unable to determine the backpack name and is defaulting to showing the ID of the backpack instead.

There are many reasons why it would be unable to determine the backpack name.
    The most common one is that AOIA is running against a different AO folder than the folder you are playing from. This will cause confusion both due to it not picking up named backpacks, as well as ripping and updating the database. Recently there was a new "backpack" item added (cardboard box) and if you haven't updated the database with that item I would expect such problems.

The typical cause may be that you have 2 different installation folders for AO (e.g.: live & testlive), and AOIA only knows about 1 of those locations.

Copy'n'paste from the known issues list:
    If you have copied your AO installation to a new directory and is now
    playing from the new location, Item Assistant will not be able to detect
    that the old installation is not valid any more.
    To fix this you need to open the registry editor and find the following
    registry key:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AOItemAssistant]
    Then inside that key set the field called "AOPath" to an empty string.
    The next time Item Assistant starts up again it will ask for the new
    valid location of your AO installation.
    Hope this helps, feel free to get back to me either way.

I'm not sure if other people see this or if I am just doing something wrong, but it appears that sometimes AOIS just doesn't run the search. For example, I will search for 'control' knowing i have tons of control symbiants and it just sits there; it doesn't seem like it's taking a while to search as results don't come back over several minutes.

Any ideas?
    Proud Member of Paradise

Try to hit "enter" when you done typing search string.

As for regex for advanced searches - I like idea. It will allow to search for example only 2 types of symbs. Something like this:

["support"|"artillery"]*beta

to get list of support and artillery beta symbs only.

You can add option somwhere in settings to keep current search or enable "advanced" instead.
    Or just add this advanced search.

Quote Originally Posted by Betepok View Post
    Try to hit "enter" when you done typing search string.
    I'm not retarded I have tried that many times and it will just sit there. Does no one else have this issue ever?
    Proud Member of Paradise

Bit offtopic maybe but,
    anyone ever got it running or tried it via wine/cedega on linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphyte View Post
    Bit offtopic maybe but,
    anyone ever got it running or tried it via wine/cedega on linux?
    Ran out-of-the-box on my ubuntu 9.04 with wine. Haven't tested all features, but it ripped the DB and connected to the AO client just fine.

Edit:
    A truth with some modifications it appear. If you run AO in an emulated virtual desktop (wine setting) it appears AOIA is unable to locate the AO game-client window. :S
    Last edited by Adjuster; May 27th, 2009 at 21:28:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    I'm not sure if other people see this or if I am just doing something wrong, but it appears that sometimes AOIS just doesn't run the search. For example, I will search for 'control' knowing i have tons of control symbiants and it just sits there; it doesn't seem like it's taking a while to search as results don't come back over several minutes.

Any ideas?
    Try clicking in the QL box, then back into the item box, that seems to make it search when ive seen it happen.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast