Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I've been running Windows 7 RC 64bit since it was released (so a couple of months), and AoIA has no issues with it. I don't know if it works with the actual release version though... but I doubt there would be any issues.
    Oh really? Hmm, guess i need to try and upgrade my OS in that case Have license and everything ready, just been waiting for news on AOIA.

Good thing i thought about asking here then, since i couldn`t find anything elsewhere.

Ty for the replies guys

I'm running this on Windows7 64 bit RTM and it works just fine

Just wanted to add to this:

Have upgraded to Windows7 - Enterprise - 64Bit, running AO-IA without a problem.
    Made a folder on 2nd drive which i ran it from, added database files from XP installation and worked like a charm.

Tyvm for this great program

*bump*

this program needs more publicity, spread the word

Thumbs up

*BUMP* for updates, improvements and new features.

I did look at compiling it myself .. but getting all the libraries together into C++ wasn't too trivial

has anyone else noticed that IA seems to stop 'tracking' items after a while? I tried a fresh install and loaded two toons worth of gear, and it stopped picking up after that.

Any ideas?
    Proud Member of Paradise

Thumbs up

Awsome tnx
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

webpage down?

Seems it has stopped tracking items for me... Wanted to see if there's an update I've missed.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Seems to be having issues atm... The sourceforge page for AOIA is here though.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Appreciated...

However I seem to be running the latest version, but it has not tracked items for me for the past couple of days it seems.

I've looted several Xan items across different toons, but AOIA won't show them to me when I do a search.

A specific item it will not show is: Xan Defense Merit Board Base

Lots seem to have this issue... i commented about it above and have heard from several other friends in-game that the same happens to them.

it's a shame, because this is a great tool but if it randomly stops tracking that makes the tool next to worthless :\
    Proud Member of Paradise

Suggestion:
    Stable sort algorythm or way to sort with multiple parametres.
    Like I first sort items with QL and then with name so now they are listed by name and same items by QL
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Observation: Copy Item Name

If you right-click on an item and select Copy Item Name, and then paste that name into the Find Item field, the search fails and typically shows zero items.

It is very useful to do that to "narrow down" a large search result.

For example, I type "miy" in Find Items and it finds, say, dozens of Miy's Armor (and all the various types, and coffee machines ). So I right-click on "Miy's Nano Armor Gloves" and Copy Item Name and paste that into Find Item - in order to narrow the search to only Miy's Nano Armor Gloves. The search results are null (no gloves show up; not even the one I copied the name from).

The reason appears to be because Copy Item Name also appends 0D 0A to the copied item name (CRLF).

Workaround: After pasting the copied item name into Find Item, press Backspace once and it will delete the CRLF pair and the search results will display as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Appreciated...

However I seem to be running the latest version, but it has not tracked items for me for the past couple of days it seems.

I've looted several Xan items across different toons, but AOIA won't show them to me when I do a search.

A specific item it will not show is: Xan Defense Merit Board Base
    After a few days of debugging I think I have nailed down this very wierd bug. The fix should be coming in the next version soon (tm) along with enhancements from DarkBane.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Yes, my webserver is currently having issues due to a mal-configured router. Unfortunately I am not at home or in a location where I can fix it remotely. :S

Probably will be down until after new-year.

Quote Originally Posted by MartekO View Post
    If you right-click on an item and select Copy Item Name, and then paste that name into the Find Item field, the search fails and typically shows zero items.
    Thanks for the investigative work. Fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Thanks for the investigative work. Fixed in the next release.
    I know it's holidays/new year and you're likely not working on this, but any idea when you might have a new version? ((this is coming from a fanboi perspective, not an ahole one ;p))
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    I know it's holidays/new year and you're likely not working on this, but any idea when you might have a new version? ((this is coming from a fanboi perspective, not an ahole one ;p))
    Actually I am working a bit on it.. holiday season is one of the few times a year I can actually get some peace and quiet; in between all the eating and drinking ofcourse...
    (send the wife off with a credit card, and you just bought a whole day of personal time.. :P)

Anyway, it wont be until I am back home and can get my web server and build server back online. So to be realistic we are talking mid january. A week earlier if we are lucky...

New version!

Version 0.9.6 is ready for download from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia/files/

Check out the changelog while you are at it:
    http://frellu.net/ia/?topic=changelog

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    Version 0.9.6 is ready for download from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoia/files/

Check out the changelog while you are at it:
    http://frellu.net/ia/?topic=changelog
    Sweet!!!

Thanks a lot for the work you put into this...

EDIT:
    Which files is it that I should backup before updating, or can I just overwrite with all files in the dist?
    Last edited by Mekh; Jan 16th, 2010 at 19:14:15.

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast