Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Anyone have an ideas how to update IA's item DB?
    Well the source code's there I'm sure someone would be able to figure it out
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Well the source code's there I'm sure someone would be able to figure it out
    Use AODBResourceTool to extract the DB then parse it with "AODB.Plugin_Default.ListItems"

Download the source code from sourceforge. Create a directory named "Externals" in the trunk directory. Copy the SQLite directory into that directory from "ThirdParty" at the svn root.

copy and rename the .txt file created in step 1 to "/ItemAssistant/trunk/SqlFiles/aoitems_namelist.txt"

Run "create_new_db_file.bat" in "/ItemAssistant/trunk/SqlFiles/"

Go do something else for a while.

Copy aoitems.db to your installed directory.

I haven't finished creating the .db yet, and I haven't actually run the program yet, but I think that should work.

Sounds good, keep me posted and I'll get it from you :P
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Sorted and Organized banks on your toons and accounts does it pretty good too .. no need for this prog
    Life is a Playerkiller

Legends may sleep, but they never Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorgnom View Post
    Sorted and Organized banks on your toons and accounts does it pretty good too .. no need for this prog
    Personaly, I use this program to quickly see if I have a given item at a given QL.
    Having sorted banks help, but it doesn't quite "replace" this program.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorgnom View Post
    My bank is possibly one of the most sorted and organized in existence. So are the banks on my other 4 toons (all of which are full). So are the banks on my 2 full fr00b accounts.

But, even if that was enough, when you start doing things like managing (or worse, co-managing) org banks, and when you have bad things happen like having your prefs get corrupted, then all of a sudden its a world of hurt.

Just because you don't need the program doesn't mean its of no value. Yeesh, troll in something else please.

PS. Thanks to the others working on it, it means alot to some of us. Like the author of the program who parsed a new DB quickly after my requesting it on his SF.net forums. Here is the current database.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Dec 31st, 2007 at 20:57:21.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Sorting your banks is all well and good, but what if someone says "do you have a ql [number] [item] I could borrow?"

Now you KNOW you do, somewhere, on one of the 7 toons your have (6 full and 1 froob mule), maybe in the toons inventory, or bank, or in a bag somewhere...... but you're not really sure which toon. Sure you can log each one and go to your sorted bank and open the right bag.... and keep doing it til you get the right one....

Or you can hit up IA, type it in, get told where, in which bag, on which toon, the item you're after is.

Also great if your toon has lots of bags and you're looking for a specific item but can't find it... IA will tell you.

If you're using IA it's best to ave all your backpacks named anyways to make it easier. IA is not much use if you get told your item is in the bank, in "Small Backpack" wen you have 50 of them.

Thumbs up

Wow...

Tried this one out last night, and OMFG is it a nice app....
    This app will save me lots, lots and lots of time going through stuff on all my accounts/toons to find the items) I need....

Allthough it seems it won't recognize and list all (newer) items I have... Anyone have a fix for that? I suppose it's the db that needs a update or something, but I don't have a clue on how to do that.

Another thing is that it seems I have to shut down the app and restart it to have it update the listings and add characters I have logged while the app was running... Same thing happens to the rest of you that's using it?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Bump for this tool! I have been using it every day since the source code became available. I cant imagine being without it.

About newer items not listing: Get or make a new aoitems.db as described in this thread.

About items not updating: Zone and reopen backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Another thing is that it seems I have to shut down the app and restart it to have it update the listings and add characters I have logged while the app was running... Same thing happens to the rest of you that's using it?
    Right click your character, hit refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotJunk View Post
    Bump for this tool! I have been using it every day since the source code became available. I cant imagine being without it.

About newer items not listing: Get or make a new aoitems.db as described in this thread.

About items not updating: Zone and reopen backpacks.
    Ahhh... Did not read entire thread... Will try to update the db that way when I get home today.
    With regard to updating... I think I tried that, but with no effect. Will have a second look at it.

Right click your character, hit refresh.
    I tried that, but refresh does not seem to have any effect at all tho... I'll try to have a second look at that also tho...
    Does AOIA use the registry to store it's data? If so I may have to restart the PC or something after "installing" it, to initialize the registry entries or something...
    I'll look into it after getting home.

Thx for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Areteh View Post
    Use AODBResourceTool to extract the DB then parse it with "AODB.Plugin_Default.ListItems"

Download the source code from sourceforge. Create a directory named "Externals" in the trunk directory. Copy the SQLite directory into that directory from "ThirdParty" at the svn root.

copy and rename the .txt file created in step 1 to "/ItemAssistant/trunk/SqlFiles/aoitems_namelist.txt"

Run "create_new_db_file.bat" in "/ItemAssistant/trunk/SqlFiles/"

Go do something else for a while.

Copy aoitems.db to your installed directory.

I haven't finished creating the .db yet, and I haven't actually run the program yet, but I think that should work.
    So I need a copy of Vis. Studio, need to compile the code and whatnot? That's what you're saying?

So I need a copy of Vis. Studio, need to compile the code and whatnot? That's what you're saying?
    Just checked the website and the author has uploaded an updated Items DB...

All you need to build your own items db is a subversion client, the command line and a big bucket of patience.

Visual Studio is only needed if you want to build the entire application.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

i love this app, used since last year, but would love to see an update!
    DustFront Raid Bot Rk1
    ::DustFront - Home Page ::
    Guild
    ::Corporate Justice:
    Characters
    ::FoxyTrader(TR:220)::FoxyAgent(AG:220)::Drfoxy(Dr:220)::
    Links
    ::FaceBook::Home Page
    info
    ::
    AOTradeskills - http://aotradeskills.com/dnn/ - On Xfire ::

A great application that truly helps out with my 4 1/2 mules The only thing I would love to see is a way to export the result into html/ubb/text as other item parsing tools, but in no means an essential part of this great app
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    A great application that truly helps out with my 4 1/2 mules The only thing I would love to see is a way to export the result into html/ubb/text as other item parsing tools, but in no means an essential part of this great app
    That would be an amazing feature, but as you said... not essential...

Works nicely so far, only problems i seen so far is save as seems to do nothing, or printing but can live without it just being able to search all my 22 chars is a godsend
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    That would be an amazing feature, but as you said... not essential...
    Parse to text would be FANTASTIC! Parse to text with links to auno and /or aomainframe would be a dream... I have bags full of stuff I could sell, for example by putting "symbiant, artillery" into the search box. If I could just plant that right into the WTS forums.... *romantic sigh*

Parse to text would be FANTASTIC! Parse to text with links to auno and /or aomainframe would be a dream... I have bags full of stuff I could sell, for example by putting "symbiant, artillery" into the search box. If I could just plant that right into the WTS forums.... *romantic sigh*
    I wish I could code, or had the time to learn it....

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253 ... LastLast