Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post
    This is mine:
    C:\Users\Kane\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\70dad3e6\Anarchy Online
    Oh my...i have the same

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    New bug probably caused by (in red) :

C:\Users\Mynamehere\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\somerandomnumber\Anarchy Online\Prefs

would there be any way to make a button in AOIA to manually go and select that folder ? as it seems to be different for every user and every installation of AO.. ?
    I believe that random number is based on a hash of the install directory of AO ie so you can have different prefs for different installs. If that number is hardcoded in the new test builds, i would say this is why bp names aren't being reflected correctly because its not looking in right place for prefs then.

My suggestion to adjuster would be to configure it as an option to be able to be set by the user(as per what is currently done now with location of ao install when u first start IA for first time and asks you where ao is installed). Thats how jellyfunk had it coded in his version and how I had it coded in my test version as well and it worked ok.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

You could get funky, and traverse "%appdata%/Local/Funcom/Anarchy Online/", find the next depth folder name, store it in say 'AORandFolder', then insert it again as the final path .. ie "%appdata%/Local/Funcom/Anarchy Online/"+AORandFolder+"Anarchy Online/Prefs/".

At least this is how I have done it ... works! (will break when u come to use it with TestLive though!)
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quoting myself "Oh my...I have the same" meaning i have the same random number meaning it is not a random number and thus a regular folder name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    Quoting myself "Oh my...I have the same" meaning i have the same random number meaning it is not a random number and thus a regular folder name.
    Oh, that's weird, mine is totally different... *finds the folder* .. "6b9861f9"

Maybe there's just a set few different names for it...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Oh, that's weird, mine is totally different... *finds the folder* .. "6b9861f9"

Maybe there's just a set few different names for it...
    Think that just means than Tradeher's AO install directory is coincidentally the same as Kane-Harts if the number is the same("C:\Anarchy Online" perhaps? or something else that's common?). Like I mentioned, I saw in some other thread some post by FC that indicated that number is a hash of the actual AO install directory. So if you copy your whole AO install directory to another directory and start up the client, this should then create another pref folder hierarchy in %appdata% under another "random" number.

So, while the number isn't "random" per se, I don't think its determinable by IA the program, unless FC reveals the logic/code behind how the install directory is hashed. And if a user has multiple installs of AO(for whatever reason), then there's no way to tell which pref folders in %appdata% refers to which install, which is why I think that along with the option to specify the AO install directory and save it in the conf file, there should also now be an option to specify the matching pref directory so that bag names can be determined properly

EDIT: Played around with my AO install directory and can confirm that the "random number" is somehow related to the install directory path. It seems to be as per the following:

%AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[Hashed Install Directory Path]\[Name of AO Root directory]\Prefs

eg.
    1) if AO was installed at "C:\Anarchy Online", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd94ae8e\Anarchy Online\Prefs
    2) if AO was installed at "C:\AO", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd94ae8e\AO\Prefs
    3) if AO was installed at "C:\Program Files\Anarchy Online", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\1395814d\Anarchy Online\Prefs

Notice how for (2), the number stays the same because the actual install path hasn't changed, its still C:\, but the actual AO Root directory has changed, so the prefs location reflect that too.
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 9th, 2013 at 14:26:16.

god AO item assistant is nolonger working with new pref paths.

It seems we need now two paths designed in to AO item assistant, one for prefs folder and one for instal directory.

Workaround is to copy install of aO to prefs location? is there any alternative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Then Kane-Hart also uses a 2 levels deep install directory. Mine is C:\Funcom\Anarchy Online

I think I may have nailed down a fix for those backpack names. Anyone that can verify that v1.1.4.17 is working for them now?

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    EDIT: Played around with my AO install directory and can confirm that the "random number" is somehow related to the install directory path. It seems to be as per the following:

%AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\[Hashed Install Directory Path]\[Name of AO Root directory]\Prefs

eg.
    1) if AO was installed at "C:\Anarchy Online", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd94ae8e\Anarchy Online\Prefs
    2) if AO was installed at "C:\AO", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd94ae8e\AO\Prefs
    3) if AO was installed at "C:\Program Files\Anarchy Online", the pref directory is : %AppData%\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\1395814d\Anarchy Online\Prefs

Notice how for (2), the number stays the same because the actual install path hasn't changed, its still C:\, but the actual AO Root directory has changed, so the prefs location reflect that too.
    Interesting observation! For now I have only dealt with default install name (Anarchy Online). Could it be something as simple as a CRC32 of the folder where the AO install folder is located?

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Then Kane-Hart also uses a 2 levels deep install directory. Mine is C:\Funcom\Anarchy Online
    Yup, I'm almost 100% sure that Kane-Hart has an AO install that matches that path. I just copied my AO Install to that path, and when I started up the client, it created a pref folder under \70dad3e6\Anarchy Online\Prefs

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
    I think I may have nailed down a fix for those backpack names. Anyone that can verify that v1.1.4.17 is working for them now?
    v1.1.4.17 seems to be working fine for me(bp names working), but that's probably because I only have one prefs folder in %appdata% (I delete the others that were created during testing), and if you're using jellyfunk's code, then that first tries to iterate through all the numbered folders looking for \Anarchy Online\Prefs, and takes the first one that has that. So if people have multiple pref folders because of multiple AO installs, it may have picked an inactive one, which explains why bp names aren't being reflected. Also that method of trying to locate the right prefs folder depends on AO being installed to a "Anarchy Online" path somewhere, which isn't necessarily true for all installs.

Maybe change the code to ALWAYS get the user to specify the right path for prefs, rather than try to figure it out unless you can figure out the hash logic.

For those who can't get the bp names to be reflected in newest builds of IA, close down IA, go to the ItemAssistant.conf file in IA directory and change the "PrefsPath" value to the right prefs folder for your install(which can be accessed through AO client -> Settings -> GUI Tab -> Click one of the Open buttons which will lead you to either Skins, Scripts, Screenshots, and just replace the end directory with Prefs. Restart IA and it should then work.

Interesting observation! For now I have only dealt with default install name (Anarchy Online). Could it be something as simple as a CRC32 of the folder where the AO install folder is located?
    I tried a few different hashing algorithms for "C:" (as per my examples, to try and match the hash generated), including CRC32, and couldn't find a match. I would think the hash is of the path not including the root directory of the AO install, as the number generated by FC doesn't change if only the AO root directory name changes.
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 9th, 2013 at 15:21:02.

And what about items/BPs disappearing? Ive noticed this myself and some pages back cybertron was talking about how BPs were disappearing after zoning.

And also my post a few pages back.

"The one i used to use tracked items in real time (no need to zone) is this one (supposed) to do the same? Cause i moved some items from my bank and it didnt detect them until i zoned. I hope thats just a problem because of the merge?"

.17 works for me reflecting the renamed backpacks

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    And what about items/BPs disappearing? Ive noticed this myself and some pages back cybertron was talking about how BPs were disappearing after zoning.

And also my post a few pages back.

"The one i used to use tracked items in real time (no need to zone) is this one (supposed) to do the same? Cause i moved some items from my bank and it didnt detect them until i zoned. I hope thats just a problem because of the merge?"
    I suspect that was because of the bank-message had changed its format, so it recorded wrong / non-existing backpack IDs. I would expect such symptoms at least.

Are you (or anyone else) able to reproduce stuff disappearing on zone with 1.1.4.17 or later?

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

Found the post from Vhab about the hashing:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=18

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    It's a hash of the parent path of your AO install, followed by the directory name of your AO install.

I suspect that was because of the bank-message had changed its format, so it recorded wrong / non-existing backpack IDs. I would expect such symptoms at least.

Are you (or anyone else) able to reproduce stuff disappearing on zone with 1.1.4.17 or later?
    I've been testing this particular issue, and so far with 1.1.4.17, I haven't seen anything disappearing on zone like I did before all the code fixes. While playing with the source-code myself, once I fixed the bank-message header format to reflect the new change, I tested a few times and it seemed to fix it. Seems like that was the cause of both the bank nesting issue + the bp/items disappearing on zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Found the post from Vhab about the hashing:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=18
    No mention about what hash algorithm though..

Installing it to D:\Anarchy Online (D: as parent) gives me hash cd94ae4f

TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler

If the info is worth anything, the "6b9861f9" I get is from having AO installed in "C:\Games\Funcom\Anarchy Online\"
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

No mention about what hash algorithm though..

Installing it to D:\Anarchy Online (D: as parent) gives me hash cd94ae4f
    Ya, I did that just a few minutes too to compare with C: which gives hash of cd94ae8e

Been running C: and D: through multiple online hash generators to see if I could find the matching algorithm but no luck so far. Seems to be some kind of hash which results in 32 bits(4 bytes) but can't find the right one

I just downloaded the latest version and I havn't as of yet noticed any BPs disappearing. And it's now registering items in real time unlike before.

1 little thing to note though is that it's not entirely recognizing renamed backpacks. For example on one toon I have 9 backpacks in his bank. 6 are called the standard Small Backpack and the other 3 have my own names. If I click on my characters name in IA or on the bank tab it just shows 9 BPs called Small Backpack. But if I click the plus sign on the bank directory then it reflects the names properly....the 6 "Small Backpacks" and other 3 named ones. The same goes for the inventory.

Hope that made sense lol.

Not a big issue but thought id bring it up. Thanks a lot for your work. Ao without IA is a nightmare!

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast