Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant for Anarchy Online

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I hate sounding all negative and stuff, because this really is a great program.
    But, I decided to let AOIA contact your home-hosted helppage.
    It then contacted various Paypal addresses (probably due to the "please donate with paypal" button), and various w3.org sites (I don't know why it would do this, but might be due to some xml schemas).
    You might want to add these to the lists of sites AOIA contacts, as it actually does contact them.
    Hmm thats a valid point. It is not the application itself that tries to contact those servers (at least not directly) but rather because of the donate button (as you pointed out) and the W3C logo at the bottom of the page. I could probably just host those on the AOIA site itself and you wouldn't be bothered with those warnings.
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Version 0.9.1 is released. More info and links at the homepage: http://ia.frellu.net

Question v0.9.0 and 0.9.1 crash

v0.9.x version crashes while/after generation of the aoitems.db file.

my system: windows xp sp3 with all hotfixes

error message:

Code:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime error!
    Program: c:\...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the aplication's support team for more information.

Nice tool, can't imagine my life in Rubi-Ka without it.

Make it possible to use a shared database please, for people who regularly use different computers to log the same toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosfixx View Post
    v0.9.x version crashes while/after generation of the aoitems.db file.

my system: windows xp sp3 with all hotfixes

error message:

Code:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime error!
    Program: c:\...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the aplication's support team for more information.
    If you try starting it with the "-log" option, does it tell you anything interesting in the ItemAssistant.log file?

I have been running this app on XP SP3 and Vista 64 SP1 without any issues.

log file is 21kb long. posting first+last entry of each section.

Code:
        Logging Started

Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 41553
    Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 41554
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 43712 KEY = 1035
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 203911 KEY = 3040621
    item had a skillmap, but it was not att or def (0x03)
    item had a skillmap, but it was not att or def (0x03)
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 211349 KEY = 1035
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 211366 KEY = 1033
    Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 221825
    Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 234527
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 239772 KEY = 3302260247
    Unknown key found while parsing item database. AOID = 260706 KEY = 2511528623
    Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 82025
    Skipped item with QL zero. AOID: 277979
    PM me if you need the complete log.
    v0.8.4 runs perfect btw.

Does it actually generate the aoitems.db file, or is it crashing before it is finished?

it extracts data from the AO DB - 114756 items, 10521 nanos
    both runs 100%

while extracting it generates the following files:
    ItemAssistant.db
    tmp_aoitems.db
    tmp_aoitems.db-journal

after that it deletes tmp_aoitems.db-journal and renames tmp_aoitems.db to aoitems.db (42.014.720 bytes)
    ItemAssistant.db (11.264 bytes)

then I get the Visual C++ Runtime error.

Hmm sounds like its working correctly when extracting AO items then. I would guess the problem then is likely to be with your ItemAssistant.db file. Could you rename or move it away and then try to launch the app again? If it is working then please send me a copy of your ItemAssistant.db file and I will try it in the debugger and see what's happening.

deleting/renaming of ItemAssistant.db doesn't help.
    reinstalling ItemAssistant v0.9.1 with a new download doesn't help either.

Suggestion: Make the program learn the item IDs for all the different types of Kyr'ozch clumps like the !identify/!bio commands in org bots, and show which clump is what without having to log the toon find it and use a bot.

Love the program .
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2009 at 20:49:27. Reason: What you do with your little finger is your own business and not for this thread.
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.
    You gained 1 points of Shadowknowledge.
    Welcome to Shadowlevel 220.

Would it be possible to add dimmension support in a later version?
    When I transfer toons to test server it kinda doubles the items in the DB.

Possible solutions would be to add options to only listen to specific dimmensions, or add a dimmension sufix on the character names.

Love the app btw, makes life of an altoholic so much easier.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Would it be possible to add dimmension support in a later version?
    When I transfer toons to test server it kinda doubles the items in the DB.

Possible solutions would be to add options to only listen to specific dimmensions, or add a dimmension sufix on the character names.

Love the app btw, makes life of an altoholic so much easier.
    This has been on my wish list for a long while. So far I have not found any way to solve the problem automatically. (I can't find any indication of a "dimension ID" in any messages while the client is running)

Even if I add manual sorting/grouping of toons you may end up with the same char-ID on different dimensions. (Someone correct me if im wrong.. I don't think char-ID is unique across dimensions)

I might add it as an experiment to see how it works practically..

This program, as well as clicksaver cause AO to crash for me. I am using win xp sp2. Clicksaver I never used to have any problems with, and it did an items db update when I returned to game.

I mention the two here, cause www.madshi.net windows pop up when I run both, so figure maybe they both use similar libraries or something.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to figure out why this is happening, and how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerStyle View Post
    This program, as well as clicksaver cause AO to crash for me. I am using win xp sp2. Clicksaver I never used to have any problems with, and it did an items db update when I returned to game.

I mention the two here, cause www.madshi.net windows pop up when I run both, so figure maybe they both use similar libraries or something.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to figure out why this is happening, and how to fix?
    Its true that ItemAssistant used the madshi.net MadCodeHook library in the past. From version 0.9 and up it doesn't any more. (Caused problems on Vista).
    You might want to try an update. Let me know if it still crashes after that!

Adjuster, thank you. I updated to the 0.9 version, and it seems to running fine.

AO still crashes when click saver starts, or if its already running :'( Guess its mish buddy for now.

Solved.
    Last edited by zartosht; Nov 17th, 2008 at 21:40:10.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharged View Post
    Suggestion: Make the program learn the item IDs for all the different types of Kyr'ozch clumps like the !identify/!bio commands in org bots, and show which clump is what without having to log the toon find it and use a bot.

Love the program .
    Thanks. I am currently working on a "Identify View". I expect it to be done in the next release.

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast