Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 damage NOW!!!

yes u can typ what you want i this thread i know that. but when some one flames me and tells me im stupid becous i dont want damage canps in pvp i have the right to tell him that i posted 10 times that i want damage caps.. and if u want to talk about 50% healing pleas start a new thread about it ( i cant stop you from posting about it but pleas dont post about 50% healing)

1, "If you take the damage to 100% there will be 3 hit kills of everyone.. 40%, 40%, 20%. If this is what you want, then i think things need to be rethought. If you think healing is to hard, then why is both the neo's on Rubi 2, A fixer, and a Enforcer. If you look at the ranks of rubi 1 and 2, how many Docs are in it? Don't you think your argument should be based on some sort of facts?"

fixers have heals and so do enfs (its cald HoTs)

2, "Just because some people are better at PvP then others is a fact of life... If you don't agree, you can allways cancel ... All i ever hear is whining about nerf this nerf that. make me uber. Well guess what. this is like real life.. not everyone is equal. not everyone can be uber"

i wont cancel i like this gam but things can be fixt.
    i dont want a nerf (the one that posted about 50% healing is the one whit the nerf bat) and i dont want to be uber, but they did nerf all the damage dealers whit the 50% damge (ok so ceep the 50% damage but giw all the damage dealers somthing)

3, "If you want to know something funny, I as an NT at level 78 have mezzed a meta deamon pet.. so don't tell me NTs can't be effective. I have watched enforcers scare robots away in PvP.. I have seen soldiers kill everything in the zone.. The only class that might need to be fixed for PvP is the poor advents... who just can't stand up to any other class on average untill 150."

A, a pet can breaks the mezz if the MP tells them to attack one more time..
    B, i know we are good in pvp (NTs) i have killd soldiers, MPs , docs, and enfs that wher higher lvl then me.
    C, do u play a soldier? if u dont u shouldent talke about ther "ubernes" in pvp (the soiders dont think they are uber in pvp)

4, "I hear everyone complaining about Complete heal.. well they nerfed Docs Epsolon Purge.. So we need at least one nano to work the way it should. And well if CH is your only complaint about docs, then i have to laugh, cause to use CH they have to be a pretty hi level. My solution, don't fight a doc with complete heal :P..... "

A, CH is no problem for me i can debuff the doc so they cant use it but its a big problem for soldiers and the rest of the non debuffing porffessions
    B, i dont want to nerf CH and my first Xampel was about MA heals (pleas read the thread befor u lol me)

5, "if you want to fix PvP. Make it so you can only use items at your level. this would make it fair. no overequipment, no level 100 agents using 200 guns, no meta using a demon, ect.. I Don't know about everyone else.. but i don't want this.. so while common whines are normal, QUIT ASKING TO UNBALANCE THE GAME."

A, hmm i think it was 92% of the population on AO how dident want lvl recks so pleas try one more time
    B, if u want to OE your gun thats up to you (its the same whit not OE your gun) and its not that hard to "twink" on a new gun

6, "ok my rant is done.. and i hope you all understand that the more they nerf, the more it takes away from the game. Ask for fixes, not nerfs.. "

A, pleas read the thread name.. its not about a nerf its about unnerfing the damage..
    B, this is a Fix not a nerf

and my name is Tolbat not Tolbert.........
    and you are the annoying one

/ Tolbat
    w00p w00p!!

It's hardly 'simple'. Damage and heals are geared around fighting a mob with much different stats then a player. To just say the rules should be the same in pvp is moronic to say the least.

I have very limited experience, but it seems to me that pvp can be broken into two basic categories. Mass battles and dueling. The current system seems quite fair for mass battles. Who do you think will be able to live more then 3 seconds at 2ho with 100% damage? *ponder* I look at dueling and I can almost agree that perhaps heals are 'overpowered'. Though I think it's a lot more to do with the reflect issue then it is to do with 50% damage. My question is...why in the world should we balance things specifically for 1 on 1 duels? That isn't pvp. Pvp is fighting the mass fights. Or ganking someone in DAV or anything outside of the arena. Duels should have no weight on pvp balance. Because there is no way in hell that every prof can be perfectly balanced 1 on 1 against each other. It has never worked that way and never will. However, you can balance it so that every prof can contribute meaningfuly to a mass battle. ie: Somewhere other then tir/ent arena. When I'm at 2ho, I am quite content knowing that I'm never going to get a kill. I curse and ns every clanner I see to help my SIDE get the kill. Stop being so egotistical and think of something other then youself. Now from reading the pvp forum, it does seem like many seem to think pvp is all about who they duel at the arena. Am I the only one who thinks that's kinda stupid? *shrug* Perhaps if Funcom just made all arena fights unweighted, then more people would be motivated to participate at 2ho etc. The arena, and what it brings, seems to be at the root of the idiocy surrounding pvp.

Bah. Anyone who's for 100% damage has quite obviously not thought through what they are asking for. Just my opinion.

what abot no damage in pvp..only heals

is much better

most of us arent so hatefull

comprendo damn whinners)(*&^%$^%&(()

Originally posted by loca
    what abot no damage in pvp..only heals

is much better

most of us arent so hatefull

comprendo damn whinners)(*&^%$^%&(()
    yea give us all some love healing

Originally posted by Zylina
    It's hardly 'simple'. Damage and heals are geared around fighting a mob with much different stats then a player. To just say the rules should be the same in pvp is moronic to say the least.

I have very limited experience, but it seems to me that pvp can be broken into two basic categories. Mass battles and dueling. The current system seems quite fair for mass battles. Who do you think will be able to live more then 3 seconds at 2ho with 100% damage? *ponder* I look at dueling and I can almost agree that perhaps heals are 'overpowered'. Though I think it's a lot more to do with the reflect issue then it is to do with 50% damage. My question is...why in the world should we balance things specifically for 1 on 1 duels? That isn't pvp. Pvp is fighting the mass fights. Or ganking someone in DAV or anything outside of the arena. Duels should have no weight on pvp balance. Because there is no way in hell that every prof can be perfectly balanced 1 on 1 against each other. It has never worked that way and never will. However, you can balance it so that every prof can contribute meaningfuly to a mass battle. ie: Somewhere other then tir/ent arena. When I'm at 2ho, I am quite content knowing that I'm never going to get a kill. I curse and ns every clanner I see to help my SIDE get the kill. Stop being so egotistical and think of something other then youself. Now from reading the pvp forum, it does seem like many seem to think pvp is all about who they duel at the arena. Am I the only one who thinks that's kinda stupid? *shrug* Perhaps if Funcom just made all arena fights unweighted, then more people would be motivated to participate at 2ho etc. The arena, and what it brings, seems to be at the root of the idiocy surrounding pvp.

Bah. Anyone who's for 100% damage has quite obviously not thought through what they are asking for. Just my opinion.
    Ah...finally something I can agree with you on.

100% damage even with a 40% max health cap means it'll only take 3 specials to kill a person. And then we're all right back where we started: nobody able to survive more than seconds because someone thinks Duel=PvP.

I. admittedly, didn't agree with the PvP damage caps when they were first implemented. But after a bit of observation I like the fact that the Support professions can now survive long enough in Team PvP to do their jobs...
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Aug 26th, 2002 at 14:42:23.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Hahah i just love to read posts about this subject.
    And poor Tolbat are getting flamed for asking for 50% heals. When we shouts all he can that he want 100% damage back

But this time i will add my 2cr

Put back 100% damage whit 25(30)% caps. that way you wont die to an alpha right away.
    Or even better make 5 or so secs delay betwin specials (not recharge) and let 40% cap be as it is and put damage to 100%

flame away
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

i dont arena duel so no i dont think that pvp = duels..
    the only place i fight in is 2ho and MMD so pleas dont say that i only arena duel when i dont.
    do you pvp in 2ho? 2h0 is all about zoning into bunkers when you are about to die and u can do that becous its so god damn hard to die if u can heal (at higher lvls) docs are zoning in and out debuffing u. 5 peoples are camping the door and they cant kill the doc becous all ther fier power isent enuf to kill him/her. its boring when a load of claners/omnis cant kill a singel player becous of the damage nerf (it take to much time so they can zone inside the bunker and lol the team outside)

yes we need to work on a good damage cap in a 100% damage patch but its not inpossible.. i dont 1 sec duels but (so no alpha kills) but u hafto c that somthing i wrong..

50% damage vs 100% heals isent fair
    50% damage vs 50% heals would only nerf MAs, Enfs, Fixers and low lvl docs so this isent fair
    100% damage vs 100 heals (whit damage caps (i dont know what % the damage should be capt on) ) is fair

/ Tolbat
    w00p w00p!!

yeah 100 damage is teh cool

so nobody can crits me for 648

agree with all those thingies

Hi tolbat
    this is in reguard to you..

----fixers have heals and so do enfs (its cald HoTs) ----TOlbat

If you think mongo is enough healing, 1 your insane, and 2 your crazy. Fixers hots can't compare to a true heal, cause docs have hots and heals.

---i wont cancel i like this gam but things can be fixt.
    i dont want a nerf (the one that posted about 50% healing is the one whit the nerf bat) and i dont want to be uber, but they did nerf all the damage dealers whit the 50% damge (ok so ceep the 50% damage but giw all the damage dealers somthing) --- tolbat

you asked for a nerf, nuff said

----A, a pet can breaks the mezz if the MP tells them to attack one more time..
    B, i know we are good in pvp (NTs) i have killd soldiers, MPs , docs, and enfs that wher higher lvl then me.
    C, do u play a soldier? if u dont u shouldent talke about ther "ubernes" in pvp (the soiders dont think they are uber in pvp) ------ tolbat

a, doesn't matter pets can be owned was my point.
    b, ranged still rocks.
    c played a 82 soldier, and a 70 soldier. it isn't what people think, it is the facts.. Soldiers can have a 100% reflect. thanks for your support.

-----A, CH is no problem for me i can debuff the doc so they cant use it but its a big problem for soldiers and the rest of the non debuffing porffessions
    B, i dont want to nerf CH and my first Xampel was about MA heals (pleas read the thread befor u lol me) --- tolbat

here is an earlier response by tolbat---- i wont cancel i like this gam but things can be fixt.
    i dont want a nerf (the one that posted about 50% healing is the one whit the nerf bat) and i dont want to be uber, but they did nerf all the damage dealers whit the 50% damge (ok so ceep the 50% damage but giw all the damage dealers somthing) --- tolbat

------A, hmm i think it was 92% of the population on AO how dident want lvl recks so pleas try one more time
    B, if u want to OE your gun thats up to you (its the same whit not OE your gun) and its not that hard to "twink" on a new gun -- tolbat

now read this slow-- you don't know sarcasm when you read it.
    "if you want to fix PvP. Make it so you can only use items at your level. this would make it fair. no overequipment, no level 100 agents using 200 guns, no meta using a demon, ect.. I Don't know about everyone else.. but i don't want this.. so while common whines are normal, QUIT ASKING TO UNBALANCE THE GAME."

Here is what i ment by that. I don't want things to be equal, that is no fun. 100% damage with no caps or high caps is no fun. everyone would get on a gun with 4 specials, and kill you in 5 hits. right now PvP sucks, but the answer isn't 100% damage or 50% heals. better guns would be an answer...

----A, pleas read the thread name.. its not about a nerf its about unnerfing the damage..
    B, this is a Fix not a nerf---tolbert :P

i know the thread name, but it is a nerf to us that don't have gun buffs :P. the healers in the world were owned for a long time because of one shot kills and exploited guns... well when funcom seen that people ( mainly agents ) were destroying PvP, they fixed it. nobody in PvP should have a 10000 point hit. be it a NT with 10k nuke, or a soldiers burst, or an agents aimed shot. how would you like it if i one hit you with a 10k nuke, it isn't a special. so it would do from 8-10k. then when i have nulity on, you couldn't hit me. your dead, and whining to nerf NTs next.

Please think about this if you want to make a valid point. learn about the capabilities of all professions affected by this. If funcom does make 100% with specials capped, NTs will own every single PvP rank over fresman.

Thanks for the time and patience to read this

ok i agree with Save, im gonna say this and i wont be the first or the last, listen, nono, shutup and listen, nono dont think, just listen and absorb this in, STOP NERFS, ADD CONTENT TO BALANCE, DONT TAKE AWAY. PERIOD.

talking about nerfing something should be nerfed, haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123