Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16.3 Update - Important Additional Change

16.3 Update - Important Additional Change

The version we should patch to Test Live today contains a significant new change that we wanted to mention before people start to wonder whether it is deliberate or a bug

16.3 will see the XP/SK reward awarded from quests and missions increased.

This includes both mission terminals and static quest rewards on both Rubi-Ka and Shadowlands.

These rewards have always been fairly small and we wanted to be able to offer improved rewards for the new quests in Shadowlands and at the same time improve the rewards for completing Rubi-ka missions.

The cap of exp for quests based on how much you need to level has also been increased from 5% to 20%. i.e. the most reward you can possibly get from any mission or quest is 20% of the exp / SK required to level.

We will be testing this change on test live next week to ensure that it doesnt have any un-intended side-effects. Whilst the intention is to improve exp / SK gain a little we also of course have to ensure its not exploitable.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Yey for the RK mission changes . However I'm not sure SL missions need any xp/sk boost, not from Pen up anyway, but it wasn't really clear if you were including those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari
    Yey for the RK mission changes . However I'm not sure SL missions need any xp/sk boost, not from Pen up anyway, but it wasn't really clear if you were including those.
    Yes, it includes all missions and quests. To clarify its not for the mobs inside, just for the final reward given upon completion.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Any changes to SK from mission rewards? not done one in a while but iirc you still get XP in shadowlevels, which isn't much use

Would be nice if the xp gained from missions at shadowlevels was changed to sk in 1 xp = 1 sk ratio.
    Emotank, changing moods like a weathercock since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Pakottaja
    Would be nice if the xp gained from missions at shadowlevels was changed to sk in 1 xp = 1 sk ratio.
    LOL not really, there are some missions out there giving like 500k XP at once. 500k SK at once would be a bit too much, or people would just do 100 of those fairly fast missions to do 200 -> 220 in one day.

Mind you, it wouldn't hurt if they would give 5000 SK though.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Oh sure, now its given after I have completed all of my 8 toon's 1k token boards.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Great: now my question is: were any changes made to the NT/trader nano that would make any player want to use it (such as NOT having a huge drawback to using it.. cocoon or acrobat have no side effects, why should this defensive nano that isn't even as strong?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Great: now my question is: were any changes made to the NT/trader nano that would make any player want to use it (such as NOT having a huge drawback to using it.. cocoon or acrobat have no side effects, why should this defensive nano that isn't even as strong?)
    Roflmao

OMG dude.... take a break!

Bump for more SK! great change, hope it makes live.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Will this make RK missions a lot easier to level in oO? More love for froobs, i think they're planning on keeping them from everything they've done for them

It's a nano, not a perk. TMS for example, has a large noticable 'side effect'
    Im not saying the new nano is = TMS, but some nanos do have side effects. The side effects of perks is that they take perk points to use them.

Having said that, its not as though its a tough choice on whether you can afford to perk acrobat and bio
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

can you do anything besides flame?
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-12-25 14:21:14

It will remain playable until : 2006-12-27 15:12:16

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    Will this make RK missions a lot easier to level in oO? More love for froobs, i think they're planning on keeping them from everything they've done for them
    From ~180 onwards, levelling a froob char is an awful job... Borgs don't give much xp anymore, 200+ bosses don't either, and the mission rewards currently are a joke. I guess they want more froobs to hit 200 to encourage them to buy Shadowlands

Fixing the SL missions to also give SK rewards would be a great move.. I'd suggest a 1:100 factor, resulting in ~5k SK for a good penu medium mission (they currently give 500-700k XP), about the same as killing five more mobs - which about equals the toughness of the average Dummy van Halen.

oh.. and while you're at it.. could we pleeeease get the SL mission tokens back? That was such a nice replacement to farming guns.. The split between RK and SL faction was never done well anyways.. (can't choose which side to align with because of RK faction reqs on garden statues, tier armor etc)
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Aug 4th, 2006 at 10:41:49.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    It's a nano, not a perk. TMS for example, has a large noticable 'side effect'
    If TMS prevented your from bursting/FA/fling.. then it would be a noticable side effect.. but TMS doesn't ruin your offensive capabilities such as our new nano does (and it also over-rides RRFE)
    Having said that, its not as though its a tough choice on whether you can afford to perk acrobat and bio
    Oooh the humanity!

@Lolbbq, I simply asked a question, and made a comparison: no flame intended. People hijack threads all the time phishing for information - why should I give up
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

This message is hidden because Abalz is on your ignore list.

Ahhh, the bliss.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

If only more people would follow your example. I have him ignored and I already know he somehow tried to squeeze some NT whine into the thread.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

It wasn't a whine - it was vinegar!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Cambo

I personally think this is an excellent change, and it should relate not just to what we already know, but to what is coming.

1. The extra xp from missions mean more people may take the time out from the Heckler grind to run missions. I don't see that as a bad thing, and for those of us already obsessive about token boards on new toons it can only be a good thing.

2. The extra xp from the existing grind quests in SL is a godsend. Running the same Inf mish over and over and over again was soul destroying at the best of times, this might at least ease that a little.

3. It makes the new quests in Inf, and the previous new quests in nasc/ely a viable alternative to mob grinding. People may be able to actually level at an acceptable rate without simply spamming "lft heckl0rz". And if the new Inf missions award enough SK for them to be a viable option against the usual Ergo missions/Tiun/255 then I can't possibly see that as a bad thing.

We all know the route of the most xp has always been a narrow one. Hecklers in Nasc followed by Tiigs then Hecklers in Ely followed by Hecklers in Ado followed by the same Pen mish ad infinatum until TL7 and then the same Inf mish/Tiun/255 ad infinatum until 220. A little variation really can't be a bad thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    Oh sure, now its given after I have completed all of my 8 toon's 1k token boards.

ANi.
    You'll get more xp, not more tokens so you'll still have to the same number of missions to get your token boards.

I can't think of any missions that give an SK reward, could you explain that a little more?
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast