Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tepamina's soldier Guide

Nice Guide , Congratulations

about time someone finally writes a up to date soldier guide. gj

lol
    misread it as Ranged Energy Carbine Type 5.
    by bad, sry.

Kyr'ozch Carbine - Type 13/Amplified Version
    Type 13 has some very good alpha (uniqs, dynas) and in raid situation (where you have a mongo tank and can go full agg) very good dmg because of the very high min and fling.
    amplifier bit harder to get because you have to camp apf for it.

Ranged Energy Carbine Type 5
    The Ranged Energy Carbine Type 5 does okay dmg, and is very good for those pure RE Solds (if there are any).

CDR
    Pistol alternative until you can get a decent QL Type 5 to go with the JPGPP.
    The Ranged Energy Type 5 from QL83 on has the same min dmg, but the much faster burst from CDR gives you more dmg early on (crits are higher too), and its easier to equip and keep a high AR since you go with JPGPP in offhand.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Added type 13 and CDR. Is RE carbine - type 5 really worth adding? Has anyone really used it? Would seem silly to use this instead of SPB or RE pistols.

Thanks again Deathstalker.

Remember that CDR has a different damage type than the jobe pistol (fire) and in a jobe pistol + CDR combo, the jobe pistol would go on main hand because your main hand weapon attacks more often than the off hand (jobe pistol does more damage than CDR on regular hits). It does not however influence your attack rating, both guns use pistol 100% as main attack skill so having one gun or the other in main hand won't affect the AR

Also, Soldiers dont have the Pistol Mastery perk and only a +40 buff for it, so you'll have low AR compared to say, a (S)PB
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Yeah that's true.

But. I post other weapon types because they're there, and it's a possibility. But as stated, assault rifle is the choice that makes the most sense for a soldier (especially for beginners), as it is the weapon choice that is intended for us. That does not stop anyone from making a pistol setup early though. But will it OD a PB? no

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina
    Added type 13 and CDR. Is RE carbine - type 5 really worth adding? Has anyone really used it? Would seem silly to use this instead of SPB or RE pistols.

Thanks again Deathstalker.
    It has awesome bursts and great min dmg and fast fling.
    it is lower in DD than ie a SPB, but for some ppl that want to stay RE it is very good.
    Also its nice for ie Pen dyna hunting since you dont rely on the FA but instead wear em down very fast with high min dmg and 7k bursts.

Dark Front
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    Remember that CDR has a different damage type than the jobe pistol (fire) and in a jobe pistol + CDR combo, the jobe pistol would go on main hand because your main hand weapon attacks more often than the off hand (jobe pistol does more damage than CDR on regular hits). It does not however influence your attack rating, both guns use pistol 100% as main attack skill so having one gun or the other in main hand won't affect the AR

Also, Soldiers dont have the Pistol Mastery perk and only a +40 buff for it, so you'll have low AR compared to say, a (S)PB
    Well, as i mentioned, the CDR only as long until you can equip a decent QL Type 5 (smg or RE) to go with the JPGPP, as you can equip the cdr a lot earlier (and it has a lot faster burst).
    its just some ... "lückenfüller" (no clue how its called in english, sry) until you get the right gun on.

Dark Front

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    it is lower in DD than ie a SPB, but for some ppl that want to stay RE it is very good.
    Also its nice for ie Pen dyna hunting since you dont rely on the FA but instead wear em down very fast with high min dmg and 7k bursts.

kk will add it

Never used it myself so didn't know. Thanks

great guide :> from one of my fav sols :P
    Last edited by Jaymay; Aug 10th, 2006 at 07:21:53.
    Anarchy Online:
    Jaymay || Doc || 218/19 [Storm]
    Diablita || MA || 175/9 [Valheru Ascendants (AoF)]

World of Warcraft
    For the horde!
    Alucynation || Mal'Ganis || Mage || Undead [Sanguine Prophecy]
    Truenature || Mal'Ganis || Priest || Blood Elf

Ally <3
    Jáy || Drak'thul || Hunter || Night Elf [Wreckoning]
    Jaymay || Drak'thul || Hunter || Draeni

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    I've actually used it a lot as has some other soldiers I know and I find it has been OD'ing SPB all the way untill 220. I would say it outperferforms SPB until you get up to ~2400AR when FA starts being steady as clockwork and then it falls back but not far. Still shines vs alien generals and the like though where evades/spec blockers are an issue.

/shrug
    used it a lot too, and my dd was always higher w SPB unless in some special cases wich i have mentioned already.

As mentioned already pretty often Alien weapons (with their high min dmg and higher MBS) are better against evade Gens/special blocker gens because you dont rely on the FA then but instead on the high min dmg.

And whats that about 2400 AR and FA beaing steady as clockwork?
    ROFL
    I still got 0 Bullet FAs against BY leet with 2.2k+ Assault, 2.2k+ FA and 2.8k+ Atk rating (even with 3.6k+ Atk Rating i got 0 Bullet FAs but not as often).

My Trox Sold closes in on the right lvls so will research 4.5k+ Atk Rating and similar skills prtty soon.

Edit: I do know, that REC5 looks very impressive, as it does nearly double the dmg than SPB on the paper in a given timefram of ie 300s during min dmg situations, problem is the 27-28 FAs you will miss out then, which brings the SPB on top again in a real-life (well, real-game) comparsion.
    Thats why i said the REC5 is very good for ie mid lvl Dynas since you wont rely on FA but instead very high min dmg + high Bursts, same applies for Alien Gens or other high evade mobs where the Type 13/Type 5 win because of the huge advantage in min dmg and MBS.
    On a sidenote, you need 1650 to hit 1/1 with the REC5 wich is not that easy to reach with a 300 VE/VS/ELLTS and IPs needed in other more important areas for PvP. (and even more difficult for CC solds *tease*)
    Last edited by Deathstalker; Aug 10th, 2006 at 11:51:32.

Dark Front

I took a soldier up to lvl 70, but after reading this guide, I reckon I need a re-roll.

Quality stuff mate. You pointed out things I didn't think were relevant.

Thanks

Added a few pieces of armor, crit/init scopes and taunt tools.

Hiya Tep, I'm looking forward to picking back up on my soldier project once I get my engie to 215 or so....this guide has me a little eager to maybe start before then though. Anyhow, just thought I'd make a few comments that may be helpful to some aspiring soldiers .....

....oh, as for DD, Solds are great but Engies can do some crazy damage if they go the DD route & not tradeskills

3.2 Your link to the glasses points to a SPB

Nano init. section: You may want to mention that you can gain a good bit of nano init by twinking on good compilers. Most of us know it, but for people that are new to the game, not just soldiers Sanctuary keys also add a nice little init. bonus as well as NCU over the garden keys.

Comp lit: If you are selling tons of shop food with your sold, I could probably justify maxing comp lit, otherwise, this would be a skill I wouldn't raise unless needed. Essentially, when it comes time to twink on new NCU, Belt, & Compiler....put on all your comp lit gear, intel gear, comp lit imps, intel & comp lit buffs & then just raise the comp lit skill to see what your max will be. Then you can research on auno.org to see what QL gear you can get on. On a side note, I think the viral compilers don't list a comp lit req in game, but have them on the auno.org data base. They DO have a comp lit req to wear though, so if you want to do all your legwork first, check auno after you establish your max comp lit. Also, the 1000 token board is nice for comp lit, or if you are TL6+ you can get the experimental cyborg token board for a nice comp lit boost.

A general statement to those new to the game, just because a skill is ranked as a '5' does not mean you always max it, it just means it's important. For nano skills, you only need to raise them as you are able to raise them high enough to cast a new nano. Otherwise, let your IP accumulate. Especially after your nanos are not shop buyable. This way you can use the IP in the skill you get a nano for....where as if you dumped it all into other skills before needing them, you may have to wait a few levels to cast a nano you do have. There is a difference between a skill taking top priority, and maxing out the skill. If you won't get a new nano in a certain line for another 100-200 skill points, no sense in dumping IP into that skill, just let it pool up.

Treatment, again, I would suggest raising as needed to put in new imps/symbs or if your sit down HP/Nano packs are not working good enough.

Vehicle Air: I understand what you are trying to say because I understand you can wait & get a yalm on with trickle, but you may want to revise the statement to say you "advise them NOT to spend allot of IP here"

In the Pistols section, Foreman's is level capped at 100 not 90, and the level req for the CDR is 41, so you may want to hire a 'Foreman's' service or get a friend with a lvl 90-100 twink to help you get one, also, while you are there, do the quest for the collar of amplification, it will come in handy for twinking treatment & also can boost any 1 nano skill by 10 points, simply click it to change the nano skill it boosts, be warned tho, it's a rather long quest.

Fixed/added the following :

Fixed pen glasses link
    Added a bit of information in the IP, nanos and Comp lit, treatment sections.
    Correction made for the biomare level lock

I would however advise against any soldiers using a compiler. We usually need all the buffs that we can get, and rarely have enough NCU for what we want. Compilers are for nano profession, which we are not. So put 6 ncus in. You'll only need Nano init if you PVP anyways, and you especially need all the NCU you can get here.

What you said about not maxing the -5- rating, only applies to comp lit and treatment. All other 5s should always be maxed, soldier abilities, and weapon skills.

The vehicle air skill has a rating of 1. That means no IP should be spent here. The text also says that IP is not needed here.

Thanks Marc0. I apreciate your input

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina
    Levels 10-100

You have a few choices for these levels :

Omni-Med Suit
    Many people use Omni-Med suits at low levels. The reason for this being that ACs are that great on low level armor. Since the med suit provides a +78 to treatment and First Aid, you'll be able to use extremelly high health kits and nano recharges, which will be great for tanking. They will provide at these levels an instant CH.

sorry, my perfectionist moment is here, but isnt that supposed to be are not instead of are?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjumper
    sorry, my perfectionist moment is here, but isnt that supposed to be are not instead of are?
    Probably, and also, I think of the medsuit as level 1-20 armor, not exactly level 10-100. So maybe add a note that it shouldn't be worn anywhere near level 100, or move it to the "1-10" section? Also you say "it's an instant CH" in the medsuit text, a noob might not know what that meant.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

good points, I'll make the changes. And yes, it was supposed to be "not"

It's hard to put armors exactly where they belong in this format, unless I maybe split up the levels a bit more. Maybe I will.

You could maybe do it the way Escritores did it here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=423688

which is also how you've done weapons
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast