Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tepamina's soldier Guide

Yeah I thought about that when I was writing it. But I settled on doing it this way, because I think that it is alot clearer for new players. I think dividing it by levels gives a much clearer idea of what you should be wearing at what levels, at least aproximately. I think it's easier to read and understand also. I think the notes on the bottom of each armor should clear up any problems if there are any.

I couldn't really seperate it by levels with weapons however, because there are alot less choices. Also, some weapons, like the SPB, can be your choice for the entire game.
    Last edited by Tepamina; Aug 13th, 2006 at 01:42:29.

Added ability % on each skill.
    Added a few skills that I missed in the IP section : run speed, multi ranged.

How come I don't see Soli Beta Genome up there?

Survival ftw Feel is not bad as an extra DD perk once fully perked.
    Turningex - 220/26 Soldier since '02 Equip
    Veteran of Redemption

Alts:
    Turnstrike - 213/15 Agnat! Retired
    Turnpwn - 150/20 S10 MA - soon(tm) PvP
    Turncrat - 1xx/x Leveling crat - Lub-buffer-to-be

You can't run from death. But you can die trying.

Added, but tacky hack ftw

Atrox beta 2
    +320 doge
    +60 all dmg

for a short period of time

you should really include all breeds alpha + betas.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina
    Added, but tacky hack ftw
    Both = god mode
    Turningex - 220/26 Soldier since '02 Equip
    Veteran of Redemption

Alts:
    Turnstrike - 213/15 Agnat! Retired
    Turnpwn - 150/20 S10 MA - soon(tm) PvP
    Turncrat - 1xx/x Leveling crat - Lub-buffer-to-be

You can't run from death. But you can die trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    Atrox beta 2
    +320 doge
    +60 all dmg

for a short period of time

you should really include all breeds alpha + betas.

Yeah but who's going to pick this instead of Atrox alpha? The reason that I didn't include both for all breeds was because I tried to suggest which one to pick. However, if people do pick this one instead of alpha (even if it's in rare cases), then please enlighten me I have never played an endgame trox anyways. Same goes for opi, and nm.
    Last edited by Tepamina; Aug 18th, 2006 at 02:42:13.

Trox beta would be better for soldiers (or anyone) who like to PvM/solo and arent interested in PvP

Mongo Rage is a 10 sec addoff buff followed by a 20 sec crippling debuff, useless in PvM and a double edged sword in PvP
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Added Trox beta, and Opifex Alpha.

Thanks for your comments
    Last edited by Tepamina; Aug 18th, 2006 at 18:38:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina
    Yeah but who's going to pick this instead of Atrox alpha? The reason that I didn't include both for all breeds was because I tried to suggest which one to pick. However, if people do pick this one instead of alpha (even if it's in rare cases), then please enlighten me I have never played an endgame trox anyways. Same goes for opi, and nm.
    thats the reason why i currently lvl trox + soli after finishing opi.

and you dont use the full Trox beta, only 3 perks in it for the Wit of the Atrox.
    Dodge +320
    all dmg +60

wich is very much worth it imho (and i used/using it a lot on my trox sold).

PS: why do you lose mongo rage?
    lets think of the AI23 trox soldier that has his css/cc equipped and is done with symbs, he resets ATE3 and goes for Primary 10, PiN 10, Beta 3.
    Voila, has both.

PPS: imho both genomes from opi suck ass, i just go with CoHA + PiN after testing both genomes some time.
    Last edited by Deathstalker; Aug 20th, 2006 at 00:41:16.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Thanks for taking the time to make a new guide. The old ones seemed like they might have been good for their time but seemed very outdated and some started to become broken links. Very helpful guide here.
    President of Vengeful Union - Now Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    thats the reason why i currently lvl trox + soli after finishing opi.

and you dont use the full Trox beta, only 3 perks in it for the Wit of the Atrox.
    Dodge +320
    all dmg +60

wich is very much worth it imho (and i used/using it a lot on my trox sold).

PS: why do you lose mongo rage?
    lets think of the AI23 trox soldier that has his css/cc equipped and is done with symbs, he resets ATE3 and goes for Primary 10, PiN 10, Beta 3.
    Voila, has both.

PPS: imho both genomes from opi suck ass, i just go with CoHA + PiN after testing both genomes some time.

Yeah, I'm levelling opi and nm right now. I'll probably make a trox next

Made the necessary changes. Thanks again for input

Long time since i played(18 months) so i might be totally outdated.
    But here is what i thought lacked from the armor/implant section.

As a "lowbie" or somewhat higher lvl soldier there are a few more items worth mentioning, esp if you're only interested in dealing max dmg in a PvM environment (i'm no longer a dmg-addict tho) the Robust Backpack and the Electrophoridae Gloves allready mentioned.

-armors-
    Ring of Power - High Energy +28 dmg (get rad ones for certain circumstances)
    Living Dragonflesh Body Armor +42 energy/radiation dmg
    Barrow Strength +15 dmg (a mini-might of revenant)
    Metallic Mantis armor awasome looking armor for lvls 60-110 possible to get mantis pass 130 -140 QL
    Long Gloves of Cama (Long Gloves of Vanya for clammers) great "gloves", can use 3 at the same time, but you look like you're doing the dishes
    Heavy Bracer

-implants-
    Sinew of Tarasque+40 dmg

-misc-
    Manta - A.V. +40 dmg and +20 addalloff/def (if you wanna waste ip)

-towers-
    Sentient Corrosive Turret+75 dmg (if your org got access to such a tower site. Min QL is 200, QL 300 can be built)
    Guardian Conductor of Presence +25 dmg +90 addalloff. Min QL is 200 QL 275 program is blitzable.
    other towers should be ransacking, transfer, life and so on, since you got max 4 towers you can own, you got to deside what you like the most.

On a final note the Hellspinner and Hellfury are great pvp weapons, think that should be made more clear imo. The powers of these weapons aren't in their special recycles, but the "hidden" stats, the porcs, like notum distruptor and burnt armor and so on, the twice augmented are the best.
    Any soldier wanting to be prepared for serious pvp should have those in their arsenal imo.
    Last edited by Xamdam; Sep 15th, 2006 at 17:18:55.
    Xamdam proud unit member of AdrastusII.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamdam View Post
    -implants-
    Sinew of Tarasque+40 dmg

-misc-
    Manta - A.V. +40 dmg and +20 addalloff/def (if you wanna waste ip)
    Gallant Flapper Ribbon nice hud item, pack it in hud2
    Sinew goes in the same slot as one of the best AR-Symbs Soldier can get, GFR is Enfo only (afair) and i don't see the point in equipping the Manta

Quote Originally Posted by Satanic View Post
    Sinew goes in the same slot as one of the best AR-Symbs Soldier can get, GFR is Enfo only (afair) and i don't see the point in equipping the Manta
    err...well, did i say it was the best gear/setup i posted?
    furthermore, regarding the manta, I say its a waste of Ip.
    and the sinew, well, lets take a PvM situation where you're capped out on MBS (ie, got more than 2500 attack rating) its viable, personally I wouldn't use it, but this thread wasn't about best setup, its about different setup for different lvls for different situations as far as I understood.
    Xamdam proud unit member of AdrastusII.

Great guide thanks for putting in the time writing it Tepamina.

A thought on adventuring, you also need 150 to upload the elysium minimap, the last one everyone can use, i for one liked killing eremites around tinker tower and the mini map is invaluable here.

Fairly cheap skill to raise to 150 and i don't feel i wasted the ip.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Updated :

Abilities (can no longer be reset)
    Soldier star (quest)

Added :

Ring of power
    Living dragonflesh
    Long gloves
    SRPB

Fixed :

Adventuring

Mantis and BS allready were in the guide. I didn't add the sinew, as I don't think anyone would use it.

Thanks for the comments everyone, keep them comming

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    Long Gloves of Vanya (Cama)
    Once you get into penumbra, consider getting help to kill Vanya or Cama for these nice gloves. You can wear them on your hands, and arms, so you can have 3 at a time. Adds 20 AR and init, as well as 250 HP each. Very nice gloves, even if they are ugly.
    3 things here:

1. "very nice sleeves" instead of "very nice gloves" because tier are better gloves

2. They're a very good item for neutrals, who can't get AR/FA sleeves

3. If you only wear them on right arm, they don't show up at all
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    3 things here:

1. "very nice sleeves" instead of "very nice gloves" because tier are better gloves

2. They're a very good item for neutrals, who can't get AR/FA sleeves

3. If you only wear them on right arm, they don't show up at all
    Good points, however, I took out the gloves of vanya, because I realised that they were allready in the guide, under the carlos/allysia/cama/vanya armor. The one that I had made before allready mentioned that they were good sleeves
    Last edited by Tepamina; Sep 17th, 2006 at 05:42:47.

Due to the large number of soldiers (especially at lower levels) who don't seem to know that taunts are part of our arsenal, I've added a taunting and aggro control to the guide.

If I forgot something, or something is wrong, please let me know

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast