Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tepamina's soldier Guide

The best endgame DD weapon currently in game. While you will suffer with a lower attack rating, you will have the powerful SMG perk line, which has an added damage perk that gives +260 damage for 2 minutes. Nothing to laugh at. As with the RE pistol, you will cap burst and fling shot easilly. You will however have a bit more difficulty equiping a ql 300 though, but it's far from impossible.
    Its +270
    Verwooks 220/27 Soldier
    Naprapat 220/21 Doctor

General of Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Verwooks View Post
    Its +270
    ooops, corrected

Great guide!
    A few notes from an omni point of view:
    - Omni FA sleeves are the Frederickson's Kinetic Sleeves, the Micro buffs STR and STA.
    - I'll damn myself if i try to put a Faithfull armor, don't forget to mention the Chosen one
    - Isn't anyone using Champion of Nano Combat? Agreed it doens't give any weapon skills, but it can help casting reflects/tms earlier, and the first perk action does decent damage.
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Thanks for the comments. I fixed the problems.

Not sure about the nano combat. I never used it myself. Always put perks in weapons or PiN. You need 5 perks too before you get the special that you mentioned. That's quite alot of perks. Translate that into the weapons line, and it's about 30 points, and in PiN it's at least 500 HP not to mention added FA and add all off.

Well, CoNC can be helpfull.
    I perked it instead of CoHW till 220 to save IPsin the nanoskills to not use IPRs for the twinkage at 220.
    That way i could spent IP there at 220 for finetuning instead of using IPR to get back overflow skill amounts.
    And ofc it helped to cast the best reflect aura and still have enough IPs for all weapon skills.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Vehicle ground isn't a completely useless skill - it's needed to equip an Omni-Tek Gunship, if you're lucky enough, or actually bother to camp one of those.

I guess you're right about that. But I won't bother changing the rating for it right now. I'll wait until LE comes out. Plus the rarity of that item would not make me raise the rating to a 2 anyways.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

You can equip Gunship with no IPs at 220 if u gathered all the buffing gear.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

++11.0 Research++

With Le finally here, we finally have an exciting range of research line. Each line has 10 levels, each of which give a different bonus. Below I will explain what each ones gives, and which ones to prioritize. The information for all of the specials can be found at the end of this section.

11.1 Sweep and Clear

Designed to help soldiers live longer and be tougher. This will add more Max health, along with a few good abilities.

TOTAL Stats :

Max Health 500
    Body Dev 30
    Stamina 30
    Agility 15

1- Body Dev 5
    2- Max health 50
    3- Stamina 10
    4- Agility 15
    5- Max Health 150
    6- Special : Target Acquired
    7- Body Dev 25
    8- Special : On the Double
    9- Stamina 20
    10- Max Health 300

11.2 Strategic Planning

Designed to help with a soldier's nano skills, especially with Matter Creation, which along with the next research line (Combat Sense), will help us to cast our reflects. Also helps with Computer Literature.

TOTAL Stats :

Computer Literature 25
    Matter Creation 75
    Psycho Modi 25
    Time & Space 15
    Max NCU 4
    Add all off 20

1- Max NCU 4
    2- Computer Literature 10
    3- Time & Space 15
    4- Computer Literature 15
    5- Psycho Modi 25
    6- Matter Creation 25
    7- Special : Graze Jugular Vein
    8- Matter Creation 50
    9- Add all Off : 20
    10- Special : Furious Ammunition

11.3 Combat Sense

Focuses on a quite a few abilities with strength being the main one. It also has a huge Time & Space boost, which will help with our reflects.

TOTAL Stats :

Time & Space 85
    Strength 50
    Stamina 15
    Agility 15

1- Special : Shoot Artery
    2- Special : Deep Six Initiative
    3- Strength 15
    4- Stamina 15
    5- Time & Space 25
    6- Matter Creation 25
    7- Strength 15
    8- Agility 20
    9- Strength 20
    10- Time & Space 60

11.4 Marksmanship

Focuses on weapon skills. A very good line to research at any time of a soldier's career.

TOTAL Stats :

Assault Rifle : 160
    SMG : 110
    Full Auto : 75
    Burst : 65
    Ranged Initiative : 30

1- Assault Rifle : 10
    2- Full Auto : 10
    3- Special : Emergency Bandages
    4- Assault Rifle : 15
    5- Burst / Full Auto : 15
    6- Assault Rifle : 25
    7- Ranged Initiative : 30
    8- SMG / Assault Rifle : 50
    9- Burst / Full Auto : 50
    10- SMG / Assault Rifle : 60

11.5 Forward Observer

Divides focus between weapon skills, and intelligence related skills, especially Matt. Mettam, which will help with our +damage lines. It has a very nice Burst/Full Auto boost.

TOTAL Stats :

Intelligence : 20
    Sense : 10
    Matt. Mettam : 75
    Ranged Initiatives : 30
    Burst / Full Auto : 50

1- Intelligence 5
    2- Sense 10
    3- Special : Concussive Shot
    4- Special : Gear Assault Absorption
    5- Matt. Mettam 25
    6- Intelligence 15
    7- Ranged Initiatives 30
    8- Burst / Full Auto 50
    9- Matt. Mettam 50
    10- Special : Fuse Body Armor

11.6 Classified Ops

Boosts a few of our nano skills, which will be useful for our add damage line, and our taunts. The Add all Offense boost is very decent.

TOTAL Stats :

Psycho Modi : 60
    Matt. Mettam : 50
    Strength : 20
    Sense : 10
    Burst : 25
    Add all Off : 40

1- Special : Successful Targeting
    2- Psycho Modi 10
    3- Strength 10
    4- Sense 10
    5- Strength 10
    6- Burst 25
    7- Add all off 15
    8- Psycho Modi 50
    9- Matt. Mettam 50
    10- Add all Off 25

11.7 Force Recon

Focuses on the soldier's alternate weapon lines. This will be good for non AR soldiers.

TOTAL Stats :

Pistol / Ranged Energy : 140
    Fling Shot : 75
    Multi Ranged : 30
    Ranged Initiatives : 30

1- Fling Shot : 10
    2- Pistol / Ranged Energy : 10
    3- Fling Shot : 15
    4- Pistol / Ranged Energy : 20
    5- Special : Reconditioned
    6- Multi Ranged : 30
    7- Ranged Initiatives : 30
    8- Pistol / Ranged Energy : 50
    9- Fling Shot : 50
    10- Pistol / Ranged Energy : 60

11.8 Total Stats

Abilities

Strength 70
    Stamina 45

Agility 35
    Sense : 20

Intelligence : 20

Health

Max Health 500
    Body Dev 30

Nanotechnology

Matter Creation 100
    Psycho Modi 85
    Time & Space 100
    Matt. Mettam : 125

Computer Literacy

Computer Literature 25
    Max NCU 4

Weapon Skills

Assault Rifle : 160
    SMG : 110
    Pistol / Ranged Energy : 140
    Full Auto : 125
    Burst : 140
    Fling Shot : 75
    Ranged Initiative : 90
    Multi Ranged : 30
    Add all off 60

11.9 Research Specials

Research specials run like auras in your ncu. They take 40 ncu each. You can run one special per type, there are 2 types. Below is the complete list, and what they add. More info on each, when I get it.

Type 1 :

Research level 3 :

Emergency Bandages
    Max health +176, Heal Delta +2

Concussive Shot
    Energy/Projectile Damage modifier +15

Research level 8 :

On the Double
    Initiatives +150

Research level 10 :

Furious Ammunition
    Projectile/Energy Damage Modifier +88

Type 2 :

Research level 1 :

Shoot Artery
    Projectile/Energy Damage Modifier +4

Successful Targeting
    AddAllOff +23

Research level 2 :

Deep Six Initiative
    Initiatives +50

Research level 4 :

Gear Assault Absorbption
    AC +280

Research level 5 :

Reconditioned
    Max health +361, Heal Delta +3

Research level 6 :

Target Acquired
    AddAllOff +35

Research level 7 :

Graze Jugular Vein
    Projectile/Energy Damage Modifier +70

Research level 10:

Fuse Body Armor
    AC 800

++12.0 Special Recharge Mechanic++

When picking your weapon of choice, knowing how to calculate the special recharge time is extremely useful. Below, you will find all of the formulas to calculate the recharge times for each weapon. You will also find the formula to figure out how much skill is needed to cap a certain weapon.

The Burst and Full Auto Cycles can be found on either Auno or AODB.

12.1 Fling Shot

Fling shot recharge

[Wep Attack time (in seconds) x 16] - Fling shot skill/100

or

1600 x Wep Attack time - Fling shot skill100

Skill needed to cap

The cap for fling shot is 7 seconds. No matter how much skill you have, you'll never have a faster fling shot. Here is the formula.

[ (Wep Attack time x 16) - 7 ] x100

or

(1600 x Wep Attack Time) - 700

12.2 Burst

burst recharge

[Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 20] + BurstCycle/100 - Burst skill/25

or

2000 x Wep Recharge time + BurstCycle - 4x Burst skill

Skill needed to cap

The cap for Burst is 9 seconds. No matter how much skill you have, you'll never have a faster burst. Here is the formula.

[ (Wep Recharge time x 20) + (BurstCycle/100) - 9 ] x 25

or

(Wep Recharge time x 2000) + BurstCycle - 900

12.3 Full Auto

Full Auto Recharge

[Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 40] + FullAutoCycle/100 - FullAuto skill/25

or

4000 x Wep Recharge time + FullAutoCycle - 4x FullAuto skill

Cap calculation

To figure out the FA cap of a certain weapon, use the following formula.

10 +Wep Recharge time (in seconds, rounded down)

The Wep recharge value is rounded down, ie 1.8 seconds = 1 seconds, 2.1 seconds = 2 seconds.

Skill needed to cap

You will first need to calculate the cap with the formula above. The formula below assumes a cap of 11 seconds, which is the lowest cap possible. However, if a certain weapon has a higher cap, replace the 11 with the appropriate cap.

[ (Wep Recharge time x 40) + (FullAutoCycle/100) - 11 ] x 25

or

(Wep Recharge time x 4000) + FullAutoCycle - 1100

12.3 Aimed Shot

Aimed Shot Recharge

[Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 40] - (3 x AimedShot skill/100)

or

4000 x Wep Recharge time - 3x AimedShot skill

Skill needed to cap

The cap for Aimed Shot is 11 seconds. No matter how much skill you have, you'll never have a faster Aimed Shot. Here is the formula.

[ (Wep Recharge time x 40) - 11 ] x 100
    Last edited by Tepamina; Oct 24th, 2007 at 02:51:49.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

great work on the quick update

(I think under Classified Ops that you mean Add All Offense in the summary of the line. Target Acquired has a bonus of +35 to Add All Off)

AOMainframe.com has much more detail on the Research Lines than Auno atm. Integrated in the perk planner as well (for those who want to pass the time at work)

Cheers
    Last edited by Chlem; Dec 19th, 2006 at 18:31:18.
    Good luck to everyone. I need it!

Chlem and friends

Quote Originally Posted by Chlem View Post
    great work on the quick update

(I think under Classified Ops that you mean Add All Offense in the summary of the line. Target Acquired has a bonus of +35 to Add All Off)

AOMainframe.com has much more detail on the Research Lines than Auno atm. Integrated in the perk planner as well (for those who want to pass the time at work)

Cheers

Thanks for the correction for target acquired. I don't see the other mistake though? I have Add all off written down everywhere, that I see anyways. Can you point out where?

7.6 Classified Ops

Boosts a few of our nano skills, which will be usefull for our add damage line, and our taunts. The Add all Defense boost is very decent.

There it is tepamina.. should be offense instead of defense.

ah yes I see it now

Thanks

I'm not totally sure but I think 'sucessful targeting proc' gives +23 addalloff instead of +35.....I've not been able to log in to double check but I'm sure it was +23.

Could be that the later AAO proc 'target aquired' gives +35, but I've not managed to train that far yet. Nice info on the procs btw, makes deciding what to train a little easier, I can't say I'd noticed anything on shoot artery but seeing its only +4 damage buff I can see why lol Some of the later damage buffs look pretty nice though.
    Venderim - 220/22/70 Soldier (RK1)

General of Aethyr Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Venderim View Post
    I'm not totally sure but I think 'sucessful targeting proc' gives +23 addalloff instead of +35.....I've not been able to log in to double check but I'm sure it was +23.

Could be that the later AAO proc 'target aquired' gives +35, but I've not managed to train that far yet. Nice info on the procs btw, makes deciding what to train a little easier, I can't say I'd noticed anything on shoot artery but seeing its only +4 damage buff I can see why lol Some of the later damage buffs look pretty nice though.
    just checked right now, success targeting = +23 while target acquired = +35

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjumper View Post
    just checked right now, success targeting = +23 while target acquired = +35

makes sense, it's further along the research line.
    Last edited by Tepamina; Dec 20th, 2006 at 01:23:58.

from what im guessing, some of the specials in LE have another proc that could add up.. not sure about this.. might have misunderstood.. but a few of them have another action to their name.. look on auno or something ..
    Last edited by Rockshox; Dec 20th, 2006 at 14:34:43.

Hello Tepamina. Can you add some of this to any of your prevuious posts please I think it will be usefull (didnt saw it so far ) :/

Specials recharge

Fling Shot = [Wep Attack time (in seconds) x 16] - Fling shot skill/100
    or in other words

1600 x Wep Attack time - Fling shot skill

Burst = [Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 20] + BurstCycle/100 - Burst skill/25
    or in other words

2000 x Wep Recharge time + BurstCycle - 4x Burst skill

Full Auto = [Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 40] + FullAutoCycle/100 - FullAuto skill/25
    or in other words

4000 x Wep Recharge time + FullAutoCycle - 4x FullAuto skill

Aimed Shot = [Wep Recharge time (in seconds) x 40] - (3 x AimedShot skill/100)
    or in other words

4000 x Wep Recharge time - 3x AimedShot skill

Note: Result = seconds

-BurstCycle is shown in auno or aodb
    -FullAutoCycle is shown in auno or aodb
    Last edited by ajukusoja; Dec 26th, 2006 at 15:28:01. Reason: Done

Quote Originally Posted by ajukusoja View Post
    Fling Shot = [Wep Attack time (in seconds) x 16] - Fling skill/100
    Hehe, after all this time playing a soldier this is the first time I've seen the fling shot recharge formula....good to know

And I agree with Ajukusoja, alot of people are often asking what the formulas are for the different specials and what is needed to cap certain weaps so would be good to see included in whats turning out to be the most comprehensive soldier guide on these boards
    Venderim - 220/22/70 Soldier (RK1)

General of Aethyr Knights.

Thanks alot for the great idea.

Posted your formulas and added a few. I added the skill needed to cap the specials formulas. It's gonna be better once it's joined with the rest of the guide though.
    Last edited by Tepamina; Dec 21st, 2006 at 03:53:13.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast