Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: So when this patch is going live O.o?

hehe this made me think.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Enno Rehling for pesident, seriously this has turned into the coolest thread ever, Thanks for chatting with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    As Sillirion says, it looks like we're good to go. The only thing I'm personally not happy with is the time it can take to open the skill GUI, but we had a look at that today, and it seems it isn't an easy fix. We managed to speed it up one or two places, but I'm not even sure we're risking to include that - it would stink if an optimization like that messed up the chance of patching tomorrow. So yeah. We'll fix that eventually.

Oh, and for those that like programming stories from hell, what do you think is wrong with this (simplified) code?
    Code:
      std::map<std::string,std::vector<int> >::const_iterator i = m.begin();
      while (i != m.end()) {
        const std::pair<std::string,std::vector<int> >& elem = *i++;
        const std::string& key = elem.first;
        std::cout << "Found key \"" << key << "\"\n";
      }

O.O i wouldnt even think of trying that one I almost failed Vbasic class (alright I admit I am not much of a coder )

but I gotta admit this is cool!
    i recall my instructor telling us the following:
    "class on the board is a code snippet, if you can spot what is wrong with this code snippet you get an A for the entire class"

this was dureing our second class of the course. needless to say no one managed to figure out what in the code snippet was wrong.

Turns out it was a case of having a : instead of a ;

bugger
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Hmm maybe i should study code errors before taking another programming class...easy A for sure...:P

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    No, it's more subtle than a typedef (how did that get there?). And the compiles without a warning, there's nothing syntactical wrong about it. Nevertheless, it took 6 eyes and an afternoon to find what was wrong... We were starting to doubt C++

The problem I had was: in the first line inside the for-loop, why did the compiler insist on creating a copy of each vector and string in the map, despite the fact that there's just a reference (&) taken? What the heck? Hehe. I'm sure there's someone out there who sees this in like 5 seconds.

Warning W8028 test.cpp 14: Temporary used to initialize 'elem' in function main(int,char * *)

Hehe, oops, love those
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678