Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DO add expensive Inf items as quest rewards.

7:what does it have to do with it.....lets see the fact that you rail on ppl for haveing their own city and make it sound like this makes it to where you cannot get the items yourself during your own raids may have something to do with it. and here is a good one...you have plenty of AI gear but you never sell anything....maybe me and my bad econimics are wrong here..but it seems not selling for a cheaper price which is what you want everyone else to do, actually makes supply less which actually justify's a higher price?? <---I don't know.....asking ppl to ask less for their work while you just keep yours...some may see that as selfish
    Really grasping at straws here aren't you? So, you equate MY keeping only what I can use, to farming MORE than I can use and charging outragous prices. You say that by me not hoarding resources, that I am actually as selfish as the people I "rail against" that dominate those resources only to charge INSANE prices to the rest of the population for?

That is the most AMAZING spin-job I've ever heard.

I'm "selfish" because I keep my AI gear and don't price gouge, and people that farm and charge 100m+ CONSISTANTLY, for bots and other wares, are "generously providing their services" to the rest of the population? You say that taking as much as you can defines Generosity, yet taking ONLY what you need is the epitome of Selfishness?

What kind of Bizzarro world are you in?

8:LOL here is one of your "I didn't read the whole sentance" oops.....That was a question not a statement special ed. As far as unreasonable prices go....me and my bad econimics has noticed in real life things sell for what they can....only if they aren't selling does the price really come down (that or when the next generation of that product are released).
    What you propose is a Laize-Faire market..... which existed in France in the 1800's and resulted in an economic crash. You propose an unregulated system, much like that which existed before the Great Depression in the United States in the 1930's......

We all know how those markets fared, and why there are regulations in the current market today. At least, those of us that passed our history classes do =)

And here is the assumption that I defend e-bay...or maybe your accusing me of selling on e-bay..either way...if this was true, why would I be in a guild and not have my own city so I could make even more money? do alittle research before making claims please...rumors started by ppl that assume too much can cause headachs.
    I stated that you are vehemently defending the mechanics that allow E-Baying to thrive because you obviously had a stake in it. Which you do, otherwise you'd have stuck to YOUR thread and let things be.... but you did not, so I am going to be becoming increasingly vocal about what I feel is needed to fix things. And guess what.... you ARE doing just that. Second, tell me where I can research WHO you are....... how many accounts you have...... what characters are on each of those accounts, and I will gladly do so with the evidence needed to pinpoint your position. If you cannot tell me WHERE to obtain this information, do NOT come here telling me I should "research" instead of "assuming" too much. If you think you have a headache now.... wait til I flesh out the problem and post it on the primary forums with my suggestions on EXACTLY how to alleviate the problem. We'll have a nice... LOUD.. debate there.... for everyone to see and weigh in on.

9: Was this the case or did you have one bad ebay experience and now assume everyone has? If you don't know the person, you should not throw assumptions around..thats how rumors get started and I don't see how unofficial statements are healthy for a game which you say you are all about.
    One? Try MANY! A 212 Soldier asking for RRFE, lvl 150ish Engie asking a lvl 60 NT for mochams, and many more. Either you are truly blind, lucky, or are.. once again... trying to obscure a point. I am relatively certain that I am not the ONLY one that has had a number of experiences just like this....

10:I don't make many...if your read the sentance and let it soak in you may find alot more of it to be sarcasm. So your friend has an entire city that he only runs raids for himself and his friends and doesn't sell anything.....and this is better than a harvester that atleast gives me an option how???? explain again your awsome knowledge of economics because its getting fuzy here.
    He doesn't drive the prices up arbitrarily, which is the whole of the problem that I have stated repeatedly...... yet you talk to me about "soaking in".... If that is getting fuzzy to you, I suggest that you may want to re-read what I am saying, as you have told me to do.

11: LOL here is the assuming again...I never said a doc couldn't have nice damage..I simply said a doctor against the typical camper won't get alot of kill.
    And I gave you an example where he can......

and you use pen for your exapmple which is even worse....the mobs there have less hp's so beforethe doc has a chance to get all his DoT's off he has lost the war against a soldier/adv/shade/agent.
    And with all the alien damage gear, RBP, D-Chest, and the proper set up you can achieve a 30k Alpha.... WITH a DOC.... and that is before you slam the DoTs. Again, repeat this.... Damage is about GEAR + Config, and NOT about profession.

I have seen some good numbers come off of doc's....but its built up damage...ther potential for quick damage will never be as great as your alpha attack toons (or else everyone would become a doc).
    With the proper gear, any t00n can become an Alpha Attack t00n.

So either let the sentance soak in or stop making up things...and if you have a doc that can out alpha these typical campers.....I have a soldier buddy that would love to test this theory
    Get me the D-Chest, RBP, Symb/Jobe imp combo, Mercs, and Bracers I need to build it, and I will. I already have the Fanta for an Advie template which utlizes the insane damage add perks to Augment the FA from it. You'd be surpised at how much damage adds AMPLIFY Alphas =D

On to the Next!
    Last edited by Mortavius; Sep 4th, 2006 at 07:07:55.

1: A damper on who's trade? the online company's offering items/accounts/creds for rl money?
    Absolutely. If there are other options to obtain the items that are within reasonable limits, and those items have their prices capped by an NPC regulational element, then there will be less ability by said entities to influence the market in the way that they are now..... simply because the demand won't be bottlenecked, and there will be less reason to buy it from them.

Are you going to go to wow next and have them change to stop that too...and then every other online game?
    I am playing THIS game. If I were to be playing WoW, then yes... I would be concerned about its economy. However, the only reason I brought up WoW in the first place was to illustrate the reason I cannot get all my friends who left to play it to COME BACK to AO.

there will always be ppl out there taking advantage of things when they can....and trying to destroy a game just to make those companys move on to the next victum so you can get everything you want then leave to wow with your buddies is pretty lame.
    You have constantly brought up "assumption".... yet it is ok for you to assume? Ok, how did you draw this assumption? I've been here since the beginning.... and am STILL here.... and am trying to get all my friends to come back..... yet you insist that I am "lame" because I want to get everything so that I can leave for WoW.

If that had been the case, I'd have been gone by now. I am not. So, me trying to get my friends back HERE.... according to you, somehow magically equates to "getting everything I want and leaving the game to wow with my buddies"

I'm not certain how you keep turning things around. All that I can "assume" (there's that word again) is that your logic is HORRIBLY faulty, since you seem to take things that I say, that are rather direct statements that make absolute sense, and twist them into their direct opposites incorporating made up elements that make absolutely NO sense in the context of what I have said previous.

2:LOL so now you can't use that handy scroll option to scroll up? I pasted your entire psot and numbered my responses to refelct what I am reffering to.
    Yes, but you took everything out of order, and then drew conclusions that were diametrically opposed to what I was saying, and THEN attacked that reversed and incorrect position... often using paraphrase as the basis of that twisting, and always out of context.

And you ask ME to scroll up?

our snappy little comeback of you know what I am going to say falls shy when the the average person may actually scroll up and see what you DID say
    I don't rely on people scrolling up... I quote you directly and address each point, so people can not only see what you said, but see how non-sensical it is.

My psot are not here to make you believe anything..they are here so ppl don't stumble across your unaswered post and think assume the perfect world lies in the rest of a vendor based RK. Assuming should be your middle name.....at the end of almost every response you accuse ppl of being e-bayers/campers/greedy/blah blah but yet you have not 1 single fact to prove this except that they don't believe what you do....yes that is assuming.
    And you have facts on how the sky will come falling down if an NPC regulator is implemented? And so you just HAD to come over here and "make yourself heard" on a thread that was a counter thread......

This is your mistake, because NOW, you have incited me to become a little more vocal than I would have been otherwise. Instead of this post being forgotten and eventually erased when this forum for feedback is deleted, you are NOW going to have PLENTY of time to answer PLENTY of posts from me on both the mechanics of the problem and proposed solution, and you will have PLENTY of opportunity to air all of this outright where FC can see it, and judge for themselves.

Here's a Hint..... I went active on the solution for ingots and the mechanics of it... and why they should be removed. I tend to make lots of sense, and I have a VERY solid grasp of the games mechs. I will be presenting that same logic out for everyone to read. I'll be developing my case in-between my studies and work, and you will see it fully laid out in a concise and easy to understand format in the not-so-distant future on a more...... visible..... forum.

I don't have time to address the rest of your posts this evening, and I don;t think I really have to.

What I WILL do, however, is detail the problem in a main forum (most likely game suggestions), where everyone can see it and weigh in, and where Funcom ITSELF can judge the merits of those proposals and what part, if any, to include in the implementation of any solutions that they may decide to apply.

I expect that you will use your "logic" on those series of posts as well, which will make my job of illustrating the problem and the types of players that dis-favor such a solution all that much easier, as FC will have targets for data-mining to determine the behavior patterns of the players both in favor of, and opposed, to any of my proposals.

Thank you for the debate, we'll continue it on a new and more visible thread at a later date.

Goodnight.
    Last edited by Mortavius; Sep 4th, 2006 at 07:40:00.

LOL....insults from top to bottom..nice. I am looking forward to an open post that fc may actually look at. I am very intrestead in seeing where the mass population stands. And who knows....maybe everyone will buy into a magic system that I personally can just see milking the lowbies even more while not effecting the that are suppose to be the problem besides making them find new ways to stay on top (maybe put them out of business for a few days). Maybe I will find the only people on my side are the campers defending their finances. The player base has changed alot so I guess anything can happen. Till then..stay safe and happy campaigning
    Last edited by Shrpshooter; Sep 4th, 2006 at 08:33:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    Very good point which i wanted to state myself and have to support. Why did i spend 600mil for my MBC a few years ago when now every [fill in prefered term] will run around with one? Expensive items give you some kind of uniqueness wich some may call e-peen but thats (in my case) not really the the thing to achieve. I did, do and always will places style > performance as i don't PvP and you can kill most stuff in swimwear if you want. Who would go to Tara if you can buy RBP/DBA/GPH in a shop? I don't and i bet a LOT of ppl who only want this items wouldn't. Who would go to boring Beast raids if you can buy this armor?

One bitter fact that makes this nice sounding idea of taking out creds go boom is that like in my case a lot of old school players who are in the game since release or nearly as long... i got a lot of creds i got my toons geared up to the teeth i got my own AI city which i don't even use coz the damn aliens are so freaking boring and AI level give you NO reward for a horrible amount time that you have to invest. How would this change effect players like this who don't need much but in devaluing their achievements (full Beast set etc) and the LOTS of invested time. All you say is that every lvl 1 guy entering the game should get the same gear in a few weeks as someone who already plays over 4 years? Why? Then this game will be like WoW which i tried for 2 month and had 2 max level max gear toons and got freaking bored as there is nothing more to gain. Just make skilling easier and level based take out the IP to prevent every new player from making mistakes etc pp. Why do you want to change a working game with all force?

Well IF the new items are uber stylish and good looking im in tho but why do you want to bring down what ppl got for their invested time in the game, that i don't understand /played 300 days should have the same gear as /played 30 days? In all fairness... I think not.

PS: And there is still decent equip for new players which is also rediculous easy to achieve now: OTAF & Azure e.g. who of you can remember how it was pre-SL to kill Ian or Smug? Meh didn't even hit this guys at the "high level" of 176
    Maybe you should reread? I offer you again some lessons in reading and understanding if you like. read - think- understand - post AGAIN. you does not equal ALL PROFESSIONS it equals ANY PLAYER make a doc and you can. full stop
    Last edited by Mithrandyr; Sep 4th, 2006 at 12:06:56.
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234