Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omfg ;P you can get to much xp

omfg ;P you can get to much xp

Power In Numbers available.
    Nanoprogram Supressive Horde terminated...
    You lost 17819454 xp.
    280602 xp was gained as a side bonus!
    Nano program aborted.
    You were healed for 9 points.

Inf mission, boss, 100% perk + regain

int got to high and turned - ;P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Wow, that's way to high for smallint and way to low for integer.

[x] I don't want to see that part of the code.
    Syy

let me add ;P it was just visual but anyway ;D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

My god.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I don't get it
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Neither did I until I stopped assuming and read it again. O.o;

You lost 17819454 xp.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn
    Neither did I until I stopped assuming and read it again. O.o;

You lost 17819454 xp.
    O_O oh snap
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

The number in the chat and your xp bar are separated from your actual xp, and hopefully because it often goes wrong. If you are a programming nerd you'll understand what happened.

If such thing happened with the real gained xp that would be terrible.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Sorry, but what actually happened? I can't tell what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboy1337 View Post
    Sorry, but what actually happened? I can't tell what's wrong with it.
    The OP killed a mob. The amount of XP given was higher than the highest integer that AO can output in a chat message (not sure exactly at what point in the chain this occurs - Enno?), so the integer 'wraps around' to a negative value. The chat message is created within AO, taking into account this incorrect negative value, hence the "You lost 17819454 xp."

If you do a bit of messing around with numbers and such, it seems that the numbers displayed in chat messages by the system are represented by a 24-bit integer. Maybe this ought to be changed to 32-bit. Should be too bad a change to make.

Cambo

Quote Originally Posted by Cambo1 View Post
    The OP killed a mob. The amount of XP given was higher than the highest integer that AO can output in a chat message (not sure exactly at what point in the chain this occurs - Enno?), so the integer 'wraps around' to a negative value. The chat message is created within AO, taking into account this incorrect negative value, hence the "You lost 17819454 xp."

If you do a bit of messing around with numbers and such, it seems that the numbers displayed in chat messages by the system are represented by a 24-bit integer. Maybe this ought to be changed to 32-bit. Should be too bad a change to make.

Cambo
    I honestly suspect it could be WAAY more complex, since you talk about a 3 byte value who probably ALREADY belong to a 4 byte integrer.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Psyloche View Post
    I honestly suspect it could be WAAY more complex, since you talk about a 3 byte value who probably ALREADY belong to a 4 byte integrer.
    I say it shouldn't be too bad, because the correct amount of xp was given to the OP. That means that the correct value _is_ in there somewhere - just not being properly propogated out to the message that appears on screen.

Cambo

It looks as the server use 4 byte's of integrer(32), while the client use 3(24), i am assuming of couse, the integrer IS there for some reason still, since i also assume its a full 32 bits who is made, and 3/4 used for integrer purpose, the rest for flag's and other purposes.

I honestly dont remember 24 bit data number from anywhere but graphics atm, and there ,the number is STILL stored as a whole one(16 or 32), but partitioned in sections for information purposes of the screen(one number store several sub numbers, used for one spot). I assume its possible the client do something like this here, since i cant think of much else atm.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Only question is, why is this post in the 16.3 forum when it has nothing to do with it?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Only question is, why is this post in the 16.3 forum when it has nothing to do with it?
    so it can be fixed?

you guys are smart. my hat off to you.

is this why if you put a really high maximum ql/price in the GMS's it will turn to a negative number next time you go to one?

In a computer number, the highest number possible, is stored as same number as when you write -1(when you use unsigned integrers. it is possible to split a number between positive and negatives too).

First off, its nothing wrong with this in itself, its just how computers work. The BAD part, is when it rolls around and makes a bug. Since the bug seems cosmetically, i assume its a superficially bug only?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)

ya lost me at "omfg" and i'm still lost....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast