Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im psyched!

Im psyched!

Although this patch has been putting and boiling in the background for some time now, it getting patched today kinda took me by surprise. I can't wait to give it a test-spin on Live, especially with so much cool stuff being added! Big thanks goes out to you guys for keeping this ship floating with patches like this.

I got one question though;

Is next patch gonna be the LE patch?
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Alienchild View Post
    Although this patch has been putting and boiling in the background for some time now, it getting patched today kinda took me by surprise. I can't wait to give it a test-spin on Live, especially with so much cool stuff being added! Big thanks goes out to you guys for keeping this ship floating with patches like this.

I got one question though;

Is next patch gonna be the LE patch?
    According to what Enno wrote somewhere, 16.4 is still slated for between now and LE.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

16.4 will be a code-overhaul patch.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm not, i personally don't like the Auto IP deal, or the new skill window in the least, the new map window leaves much to be desired as well.

hm wonder what that means, re-optimization or fully fledged DirectX 10 engine featuring bump/specular/relief mapping, per-pixel collision detection and breast-bouncing complete with fluid-mechanics (for those that have silicon)?
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

hm wonder what that means, re-optimization or fully fledged DirectX 10 engine featuring bump/specular/relief mapping, per-pixel collision detection and breast-bouncing complete with fluid-mechanics (for those that have silicon)?
    And what do you dream of at night?
    ಠ_ಠ

Patch going on RK1/RK2 Today? Or just test server again? @work ..

Where to see the final patch notes?
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwidow View Post
    I'm not, i personally don't like the Auto IP deal, or the new skill window in the least, the new map window leaves much to be desired as well.
    Auto-IP distribution is a button you click if you want to do it and it stops working at level 20 unless you go edit the GUI files and extend that, so how is that a terrible thing? And what is the problem with the new mapwindow? Have you seen or tried it? It is a hundred times better than the old one for actual use.
    It means further optimization and un-spaghettying of the current gamecode, which is quite needed if there's ever going to be a graphics engine update... so it's part of the means to an end far-out in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soladoc View Post
    Patch going on RK1/RK2 Today? Or just test server again? @work ..

Where to see the final patch notes?
    Yes, patch is going live today. Final patch notes have not yet been posted.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

They actually said that somewhere?

16.3.0 contains a few bits that slipped in from 16.4.0, mostly touching the animation code, so there may be a few minor issues there, but I've not seen any reported crashes or the like, so hopefully Enno's fixed all those

I've a few small gripes about bit of the new UI, but hopefully those can get resolved (not all the new camera stuff is in yet anyway, and they are at least looking into the UI lag that happens at times on opening the skill window).

Obviously the Inferno update is the main feature, and it'll be interesting to see how the PvP missions actually work on live (we can test they work, but testing *how* they work isn't very easy on testlive...)

Anyway, have fun with it... and try not to break it too much

(Now, roll on 16.4.0.1... )
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Hmmmm...

Sexy Can't wait till me get's Home!
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

they have to do it on my birthday ! when i wanted to do things >< :P

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

FC is great, giving out patches for your b-day
    General of Ascension
    Daria "Willoisa" Zyrustine 220/20/52

With all the cool new stuff in this patch, oddly enuogh the thing that I'm most looking forward to is that my Fixers shoulder pads will fit correctly now.

Here's to hoping that everything goes off without a hitch...
    ---------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    We will sit down on Monday and see where we stand.

/me hopes 16.4 includes a new graphics engine, textures and meshes (higher polycount on character models, lets make those heads rounds not squareish! ;p) fixing broken items like the nanomage female engineer chosen backitem in the process!

Anyway, looking forward to this patch. Only thing not good that i've noticed from test is the "lag" when loading the new skillwindow, hopefully they fixed that.

16.4 preliminary patch notes:
    - Rewrote game from scratch.

Last edited by Rubera; Aug 29th, 2006 at 10:37:38.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Hubba hubba. <3
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn View Post
    Hubba hubba. <3
    Don't get yer hopes up.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Quote Originally Posted by zerogravity View Post
    Don't get yer hopes up.
    Anything from profession professionals is truth in my little book.

unless of course he said Cherry Coke tastes bad... in which I would blatantly disagree...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by zerogravity View Post
    Don't get yer hopes up.
    What hopes do you think I have?
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    An honest question: Will the code-overhaul correct any bugs NTs have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast