Thread: You are not allowed to put the item there...

You are not allowed to put the item there...

it's not a fixture. Do you want to delete the item instead?

WTF?! When was THAT fix sneaked in on us, and why? I don't want to delete any item, I just f*ing want to put some on the ground when sorting backpacks somewhere out in the wild... UNFIX THAT!
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

This was a neccesary change that plugged a couple of potentially nasty exploits. Since we had to lock it down anyways we thought it wouldn't hurt to use it to give another optional way to delete items.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

he he

Works as intended!

Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

I dont understand, what got changed?

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Only items with a "fixture" flag can now be placed on the ground. For any other item you will be given the option to delete it instead.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Aw that sucks, does this apply to apartments? I like dropping food and carb rocks in there.

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Does this flag apply to all items with their own skin when you drop them?

I collect stuff like Wierd Looking Bombs in my OHQ, and there are some things that look cool on the ground, but aren't really intended for it.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Anualken View Post
    Does this flag apply to all items with their own skin when you drop them?
    I'd imagine it ought to... but that doesn't mean it currently does. If you find any item that you know has a proper mesh when dropped that you no longer can drop (or find an item you can drop that doesn't have a proper mesh), then I'd report it as a possible bug.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I used to drop my wierdl looking bombs in enimy territory, i didn't know that was an exploit, i thought it was RP.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

fc dev 1: hey did you know there where exploits with dropping items?
    fc dev 2:really?
    fc dev 1: yeah, should we try too fix them?
    fc dev 2: f**k no, let's just disable dropping items and call it a new feature!

but really i hope this is temporary
    Last edited by darkdevil5; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 07:01:54.