Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: Inferno Quests

Nice Quests, nice patch, thank you.

Fubar spawntimers take a lot of fun out of it unfortunately.
    recently i heard vanya sing:
    WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
    AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

Very nice update for inferno and inferno mishes.
    really makes inferno much more playable and active , something lots of high lvl players were surely waiting for . Even getting trained is fun

I d like to see more of these quests indeed as so far i only seem able to do these questchains one time . As there is a huge SK-reward this might be intended not to use it for lvling purposes but it only seems worth it at 210+ anyway so i dont think there will be much risk for this .

So personally id like to see this as a valid option to lvl after 210 as its fun,really . It beats mindless heckgrinding for sure. Its the most fun i had playing AO in a long time.
    Maxibb 60/6 keeper rimor
    Aolovechild 188/12 shade rimor
    Bodybuild 213/17 eng rimor
    Barcode1 220/21 eng rimor http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=35027

I think the fact that the SK reward is about 3% of your level means that the most logical time to do the quests is right after you ding 219, as with 27 quests, that's going to give you 81% of your 220 ding, which is the largest ding. It also means you get the most SK per quest.

You might want to change it a bit, right now a 219 gets almost as much from doing one quest as they get from doing a mission, while a 201 gets about as much as from killing one heck. I mean, wtf?
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Oh my goodness...

I just found my last item for Safari.. the rare Smoldering Item... I'm so happy right now.

I just was randomly running around and saw this orange thing off in the distance.
    SO I ran over and found a nearly 'dead' Smoldering slowly healing itself up with 3
    other mobs around it.. and was all.. "ATTACK!" and lol... long story short killed it
    well kiting 3 nasty mobs and had to wait few minutes before I could finally loot it
    since someone else had done more dmg to it then me.. and.. omg.. there it was!

So to whoever it was... I'm sorry - but I love you. : )
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    I think the fact that the SK reward is about 3% of your level means that the most logical time to do the quests is right after you ding 219, as with 27 quests, that's going to give you 81% of your 220 ding, which is the largest ding. It also means you get the most SK per quest.

You might want to change it a bit, right now a 219 gets almost as much from doing one quest as they get from doing a mission, while a 201 gets about as much as from killing one heck. I mean, wtf?
    Still takes as long as actually SKing at 219 ( I got most of 219 from the quests ) once you've done all that running around, it's by far more interesting though :P. I guess if you're doing them again on an alt it'd be much faster.

Is there a level req on the quests? I see none on the NT Nanobot Defense nano, so is it safe to say that if you can get into inf you can use that nano?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Most likely, yea, if you can get into inferno, you can do the quests. But don't count on it...
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

And what's the earliest you can get into inferno?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

On the ergo quest:
    • You need to tag the beast from right below her, and maybe attack her. most unusual.
    • you need to double click Number Nine, rather than talk to him, again unusual.
    • When you double click Number Nine you get: Received reward: 0 SK, 1000000 credits, which seems wrong. Should have given SK too.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Now they just need to do two things to make all TL7 toons happy as can be.

1. in Pandemonium or Inferno, built a Quest temple. Similar to ToTW for all those bored TL7 players to go and have fun training each other in
    EDIT: could look like a giant spiraling pit, each circuit of which having a different type of mob with appropriate boss. quests to not only lay waste to mobs, but also to talk to this mob or to go and put a kickme sign on Ergo's back or something

2. please allow us to redo some of these quests. Seriously if one times out on us or gets accidentally canceled..we are kind of SOL
    Last edited by Atlasdreamer; Sep 5th, 2006 at 11:11:46.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

GoD

i think Guardian of Dissent is filter against kampers.

FC be not fix it - this special design for random fats lewt.

Last info: GoD spawn time is each 10 min (15% chance), mob level random 160-205, spawn place is random, questitem drop random (15%-20% chance). All have good chances

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    2. please allow us to redo some of these quests. Seriously if one times out on us or gets accidentally canceled..we are kind of SOL

Petitioned this when it happened to me ... was fixed quickly. And ... from the ones I've done, they can't time out. No timer.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Petitioned this when it happened to me ... was fixed quickly. And ... from the ones I've done, they can't time out. No timer.
    as to the Time out. Check again on the "kill Dreamkeeper" anansi quest. there is a 10hr timer to kill her. I gave up after 2 or 3 hrs and 3 or 10 trains am squishy MP. and was surrounded by big mean Clanners

at least there was for me. I am praying it timing out wont screw up my chances to reget the quest and eventually complete it. along with all the others.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

I don't see why people keep petitioning Guardian of Dissent just because their team of 6 does not have all have the item within 20 minutes, I liked this part.
    I also liked that the quest were soloable up to the last part.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Quote Originally Posted by Salomar View Post
    I don't see why people keep petitioning Guardian of Dissent just because their team of 6 does not have all have the item within 20 minutes, I liked this part.
    I also liked that the quest were soloable up to the last part.
    Probably because it's not just 20 minutes -- it's hours upon hours. Waiting for a mob to spawn isn't a challenge, it's boring. True, having the best DD is a challenge when there are 10 people vying for the same mob. But when the droprate is probably 25% and add it to the inordinately long spawn time it becomes an issue. I play the game to have fun - not to wait all night for 1 mob to spawn and drop what I need to continue having fun.
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

Ever think the long spawn time and drop rate are FCs way of saying "not everyone shouldhave this item"?

Great quests, lots of fun. Way better than hecks/missions.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter View Post
    Ever think the long spawn time and drop rate are FCs way of saying "not everyone shouldhave this item"?
    Quests are ways to ensure everyone that can complete them,can get an item. Ofc "can complete" should relay to skill not dropchance/missing mob.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Having a whole pande to pass to get to beast is also a way to say "not everybody should have this loot", but it's much more challenging then camping the same spot for 3 hrs to finally kill the mob in 10 secs and find out it didn't drop that quest item.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Having a whole pande to pass to get to beast is also a way to say "not everybody should have this loot", but it's much more challenging then camping the same spot for 3 hrs to finally kill the mob in 10 secs and find out it didn't drop that quest item.
    Getting to The Beast only requires +10 ring and HHAB. You can follow any of the groups which are going there anyway once every 18 hrs or so.
    But I agree with the comment in general. Each quest has some big mob at the end, Libra, Anansi Hands, Victor, Xarc/Razor. Getting these will require some work, and not every TL6 toon has friends who can do this for him.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    And what's the earliest you can get into inferno?
    lvl 5 i think, maybe 4. (you'll ding from ergo quests)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast