Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: Inferno Quests

I'snt the enviormental dot capped under pvp rules as well? so 40% cap

I think the environment attacks work as PvP attacks. So you will max get hit for 40% of your max hp. For a lvl 5 toon that would be very low dmg. It would require 3 hits to kill the lvl 5 toon. More than enough time to heal him up.
    Emporium (220/16 Broken)
    Judgejones (220 Adv), Heroess (217 Fix), Sgtsnorkel (215 Sol), Atrocious (215 Enf), Nanostim (212 Doc), TommyBALL (206 NT), Papirtiger (104 Crat), + a bunch of others

"I'll reveal that Traders are among the top professions on my personal concern list." - Cz
    "Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games." - Marius Enge

How do you get 250 ncu on a lvl 5? (sry to be off what the tread is about about found this interessting)
    Last edited by Saldomel; Sep 10th, 2006 at 19:00:35. Reason: I'm off topic
    | Saldomel Metaphysicist Auno | Saldvy - Adventurer Auno | Tevirony: Trader Auno
    | Aachel: Shade Auno | Saldomeldoc Doctor Auno
    Rimor - RK2 .. yes I always edit my posts..

You don't need all the buffs mentioned, only some of them. And as it was mentioned, PvP rules take effect, and your capped at 40%.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by oofbig View Post
    I'snt the enviormental dot capped under pvp rules as well? so 40% cap
    Dont think so - I recall my MP die in 1 hit (or maybe 2) from pande-dot some time ago. (why I said 5 k and not 3k) I zoned, and instant to garden lol.
    | Saldomel Metaphysicist Auno | Saldvy - Adventurer Auno | Tevirony: Trader Auno

I just tested it myself. Died, so CH, then stepped out of garden. 2k hit, then slightly higher 2k hit. I was rezzing, so I had very little hp, but my hp was going up, so, the fact that the second hit was slightly higher then the first makes sense.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

hm...yes, maybe it was the drop-hp-zonebug that made it look so bad. Some project to try if ao gets boring? Must have taken an awful lot of time. Thinking about all quests just to get past Ado.

Ember Chimera

I know many of us have felt really ticked off about the ember chimera spawn, i been camping it non stop for the past 5 days.. spending just about all my online time at that area, and i've only seen the mob maybe 5 times, and killing it 4 times (KSin is popular there) When ive petitioned they said its working properly.. but i just dont see how that could be. Or is this mob supposed to be this rare? People got bottle necked at the shadow spawns only to move the bottleneck upto the next step. Now the spawn is way overcamped and its appearence being low and drop rate for whole tooth even lower. I would have give up long ago but my new nano is what is keeping me around here. Please someone help.. im going mad lol
    Hi, my name is Planewalker and I am a AOholic =D

http://www.myspace.com/planewalker

Quote Originally Posted by Planewalker View Post
    I know many of us have felt really ticked off about the ember chimera spawn, i been camping it non stop for the past 5 days.. spending just about all my online time at that area, and i've only seen the mob maybe 5 times, and killing it 4 times (KSin is popular there) When ive petitioned they said its working properly.. but i just dont see how that could be. Or is this mob supposed to be this rare? People got bottle necked at the shadow spawns only to move the bottleneck upto the next step. Now the spawn is way overcamped and its appearence being low and drop rate for whole tooth even lower. I would have give up long ago but my new nano is what is keeping me around here. Please someone help.. im going mad lol

I´ve dropped by there several times, and I´ve seen exactly 1 Ember Chimera so far. I killed 2 placeholders (Fiery Chimera) tonite, the 2nd spawned like 10 min after first kill (rather reasonable time), but I didn´t get any 3rd after that for over 1/2 an hour.

I suppose some of those "placeholder" chimeras may be stuck in walls/rocks around the area, since they spawn in lower levels that run away upon attack.

Although I know everything is working as intended (as it always does), I´d like to see a fix similar to the Guardian/Shadow fix that came with last patch.
    Pretty poor that, if you petition, some ARK will appear, call a higher ARK, that will "go and have a look around" just to tell you all is fine - even if there hasn´t been a mob in 2-3hrs (liked it happend (as intended) with the shadows).

We all know the Shadowlands have problems with geometry, and there are serveral mobs that spawn inside walls (Heckler near P7), under invisible rocks (Boss near Scheol Ergo) or underneath the floor (NSs in Pen).
    Would be really sweet if FC would take some time to make sure the mobs spawn where they are reachable, and don´t run away to position where they get stuck out of reach, instead of wasting it to make Yalms roll like a drunken sailor or stuff like that.
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

Healing Staff of Alcofribas Nasier

Healing Staff of Alcofribas Nasier needs to be fixed should be able to put staff on buff your heal pet and switch back to your normal damage weapon >< waste four hours on a quest that i cant even solo getting this item its a disappointment....

Oh please oh please, increase the spawn of Ember Chimeras. We've been camping them for 2 days and we only got a Broken Chimera Tooth. The spawntime seems to be 2 hours... and only 1-2 chimeras spawn in 2 different locations. The place is camped 24/7 anyway.

Bump for awesome quests, great SK, great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Feniks View Post
    Oh please oh please, increase the spawn of Ember Chimeras. We've been camping them for 2 days and we only got a Broken Chimera Tooth. The spawntime seems to be 2 hours... and only 1-2 chimeras spawn in 2 different locations. The place is camped 24/7 anyway.
    Read the stickies, it's in the next patch.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

oi, didn't know. thanks

the spawn time of the ember chimera is very bad than before the last patch .

please funcom do something to repair that

Quote Originally Posted by Feniks
    Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Read the stickies, it's in the next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by termirator View Post
    the spawn time of the ember chimera is very bad than before the last patch .

please funcom do something to repair that
    Seriously? It's only 2 post above yours on the same page o.O

From the sticked status update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    - Ember Chimera spawnrate: This will be increased for 16.3.3.
    General of Black Faction (RK2)
    Mrflibbles TL7 Opi MA setup
    Notumadik TL7 Nano Engie setup
    Holovirus TL7 Nano MP
    Razue TL5 Soli Crat
    Docprozac TL7 Soli Doc setup

Make auto arranging nanos by nanoline possible

I do hope this is the case, and the Ember Chimera issue will be looked at and addressed in 16.3.3.

The only reason I am making this post is to add my voice to others so Sirillion knows that this is not isolated to a few players during certain times.

I have had the whole area to myself over the course of the last few days, killed a few placeholders, and in over 10 hours of camping, I have seen exactly 1 Ember Chimera, that dropped nothing.

Thanks,

Davekillem

Except, if my memory serves me correctly, people complained about the spawn rate on a load of mobs, INCLUDING the Chimera, so why wasn't it fixed in the last patch along with the others?

An oversight? Someone "forgot"? A sadistic enjoyment for spoon feeding people their quests one step at a time?

What's going on? For every "cool" thing Funcom do, there always seems to be about 3 nerfs for it hiding waiting to bite you in the ass.

New Quests...great SK...zomg!!....ah crap, screwed up spawn rate.

New NT Nano....great damage boost...ABSORBS!!....ah crap, doesn't work for nanomage (before and after repatch), oh and for s#1ts and giggles we'll throw in a 30 minute nyah nyah can't use this nerf.

New GUI....looks awesome!! Easier to use!!...ah crap, massive lag opening any of it, map bugged to hell, pieces go missing if you scroll around, doesn't remember where you last placed the map.

I'm sure my point is clear.

Funcom if you're pressured by certain people to ZOMGZ PATCH!!11 make em wait. I'd rather wait a bit longer for a patch that is -complete- to come out rather than one that contains what are quite frankly, silly errors.
    Last edited by Hacre; Sep 14th, 2006 at 13:39:51.

Maybe they spawn in other places? Anyone gone running around to check?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

i cant see how they could really even tell if patch was ready with the ammount of people they have testing this stuff
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

Spot was thoroughly tested. When I was there, I made sure to regularly ask anyone else that was camping if they saw any Embers. My statistics said that you'd see one Ember Chimera probably every 2 hours, with a 5% or so chance of dropping the real tooth.

I got mine, eventually, but I'd suggest everyone to leave the quests for now - think about it, the XP reward is 3-5% of what you need to level; you can do 219-220 in record time with these.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast