Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Feedback Thread: PVP Missions

Okay, I was thinking about how to describe the view of neutral players, and I came up with this analogy:

Let’s view Anarchy Online as a car, more specifically the gear shift. Omni could be seen as putting the car in drive, while Clan could be seen as putting the car in reverse. Neutral’s, reasonably, would be putting the car in neutral. Now, when you are in drive or reverse, you can go along your path (i.e. playing all that the game has to offer). Sure, forward and reverse aren’t exactly the same, but you use just about the same tools with only a few variations.

Now when your car is in neutral, you have a far different situation. If you are on a slope you can go either forward or backward, oftentimes switching direction. Sure, your car won’t go that fast in neutral (i.e. not getting as many if any rewards for the same quest), but it will still go. Also, when you are in neutral, you have a very small amount of things that you can’t use in drive or reverse, such as the parking brake (i.e. Profiteer’s Helper)

However, the current situation for neutrals is moving more towards putting the car in park. You are still in the car, and you can still play with the gauges, lights, and even the horn, but you aren’t able to go forward or reverse, even if you press the gas. I’m not asking that neutrals are allowed to go speeding on the highway at 100 mph (i.e. PvP missions) but can we at least put our car on the onramp and coast along?
    Last edited by Zuoxi; Sep 20th, 2006 at 22:41:45.

Unfortunately ramps don't just magically appear. You actually have to drive to them... preferably in reverse
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Unfortunately ramps don't just magically appear. You actually have to drive to them... preferably in reverse
    Cars don't magically appear either; regardless of the minor flaws in the analogy [as with most analogies that tackle such a large scope] your nitpick isn't right either =p [you don't have to drive to be on a ramp]

And forward is the only way to go >=]

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    You are exactly right, the ramps don't appear, the people owning and maintaining the roads make them, and they allow cars to drive on them freely. We need such a ramp from funcom, maybe? (Two can play at the bending of words)

Quote Originally Posted by blarp View Post
    well 2 hours and i still cant find a Union Ringleader.

I killed 5 unionists and nothing. I killed the guy who gives you the 10% xp buff and nothing.

Can anyone help me out here b4 i spit in a freepost envelope and send it to norway ? :/
    Well it has been almost 2 months since this person asked a question that was related to the original topic, and this thread has no useful info in it only people whining that there nuet and cant play, sorry neuts that sucks for you.Can anyone answer this question please?
    220/18 Soldier
    Proud member of Peace $ Love, Inc.
    First male solitus soldier to solo 219-220 on Inf med missions
    Retired until FC realizes that Assault rifles with full auto capacity do WAY more damage than pistols

The guy that's talking bout the 10% guy must have been at the longest road (only place I know there should be an xp buff giving mob).

Now, if you arrive in 4Holes through grid, just yalm over the place tabbing, but not the left side (when you zone), but the right one (which involves a 30 secs travel).

There you can find the ringleader somewhere, but you'll have to scope the place tabbing like a madman.

When you go left, you'll only find the instigator and the badass lvl 300 unionist foreman, in other words: trouble ^^
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Well I went running through 4Holes a few days ago and killed the Scarpese mob and got the 10% XP buff so that is another one.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Map

I just wish we could upload the pvp missions to a map because i spent nearly the full 60 minutes just trying to find the stupid Omni-Pol Secretary

There is an issue with pets in the PvP missions that seems to be unreported yet: When I did the mission in 4 Holes with my lvl 150 MP, the pets refused to attack Unionist Agitator Scarpese (Cacodemon replied with "No, I won't attack" when /pet attack was given, did not react to Scarpese attacking the MP while on /pet guard). Are PvP level restrictions cutting in here?

Think so Sarianna, as the mobs themselves hit for PvP damage, you hit them for PvP damage, so I think all restrictions are active.

HINT: to ease the job for everyone: Use weapons with a maximum of special attacks, seems the special attacks aren't limited by PvP restrictions.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678