Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: PVP Missions

The mission is ok untill you get to last part, killing Sentinal Higgins.

Its a deep red mob "much higher then you" Need a team to kill it, and while it stops the mission countdown when it dies (you get a hour) it drops only One briefcase for mission reward.

This mob takes 20-25mins to kill with a team of 6, and a 15min respawn. With only one briefcase that means its going to take 2 1/2 hours to get a briefcase for all 6 members.

This is gunna cause alot of KS'ing/drama and a major time sink just for a T-shirt and Token board for 100 more hp and 10 more CL.

Is the one briefcase per kill ment to be that way? if it droped 6 per kill it would save alot of time, and stop a timesink bottleneck.
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpbinda View Post
    The mission is ok untill you get to last part, killing Sentinal Higgins.

Its a deep red mob "much higher then you" Need a team to kill it, and while it stops the mission countdown when it dies (you get a hour) it drops only One briefcase for mission reward.

This mob takes 20-25mins to kill with a team of 6, and a 15min respawn. With only one briefcase that means its going to take 2 1/2 hours to get a briefcase for all 6 members.

This is gunna cause alot of KS'ing/drama and a major time sink just for a T-shirt and Token board for 100 more hp and 10 more CL.

Is the one briefcase per kill ment to be that way? if it droped 6 per kill it would save alot of time, and stop a timesink bottleneck.
    Actually you are supposed to also have 6 unicorns attacking you while doing this
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

well... it was your choice to be a traitor fighting against the law, not? face the wrath of the superior militry then ^^ jokes aside and back to my former question really no reward but that token stuff? -.-
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

Flowers did it on server up, he got the token board (100 more hp/ 10 more cl then 1k board) and a White t-shirt saying "I love tokens" :P
    Punk

thank you so not even worth thinking bout doing it ^^
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

The missions are not available for neutral players. Until neutrals get charged less to play, we deserve to have just as much fun as sided players. A game is supposed to be fun - facing ever increasing disrespect and discrimination from FC is no fun.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

lol if it was up to me , neutrals wouldnt be able to fight at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    thank you so not even worth thinking bout doing it ^^
    Are you kidding? This is the PvP content we have waited our whole lives for!!!!
    If hunting down NPC's is your idea of PvP while being beaten on by omni guards :P
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    The missions are not available for neutral players. Until neutrals get charged less to play, we deserve to have just as much fun as sided players. A game is supposed to be fun - facing ever increasing disrespect and discrimination from FC is no fun.
    Lol

Ever read the story? People who procrastinate and can't pick a side, lose out from time to time. Sided weapons/nanos/armour etc. Some things work well, Neutrals can have both garden keys in SL for example.

You choose neutral, you choose the consequences of sitting on the fence.

Although most neutrals seem to attack clan more than omni anyway (at least on RK1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Lol

Ever read the story? People who procrastinate and can't pick a side, lose out from time to time. Sided weapons/nanos/armour etc. Some things work well, Neutrals can have both garden keys in SL for example.

You choose neutral, you choose the consequences of sitting on the fence.

Although most neutrals seem to attack clan more than omni anyway (at least on RK1)
    And on D2 *Sigh* i dont even consider neutrals neutrals for the most part most solidly fall into the omlet camp.

Again, neutral doesn't mean lazy, pacifist, or fence sitter. I'm an American, and vote every election, but am not a registered member of any party. So politically I'm "neutral" yet still have a stake in it, and am engaged.

Honestly, if you aren't neutral, the fact that we can't participate in these missions has zero impact on you. So your opinion on it is irrelevant. You can comment on anything you want, but this isn't an opinion thread, its feedback.

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

With everynew patch we get new whiners from the neutral faction
    Last edited by Gimpbinda; Aug 29th, 2006 at 19:17:38.
    Punk

Again, neutral doesn't mean lazy, pacifist, or fence sitter. I'm an American, and vote every election, but am not a registered member of any party. So politically I'm "neutral" yet still have a stake in it, and am engaged.

Honestly, if you aren't neutral, the fact that we can't participate in these missions has zero impact on you. So your opinion on it is irrelevant. You can comment on anything you want, but this isn't an opinion thread, its feedback.
    Hmm. Feedback is someone's opinion..

If I offer feedback on the NT nano added in this patch, but I'm not an NT and haven't used the nano, thats not feedback, its meaningless drivel. Sure I can have my opinion on something that doesn't impact me and I know nothing about, but I can't say I'm offering "feedback."

Sure I can have my opinion on something that doesn't impact me and I know nothing about, but I can't say I'm offering "feedback."
    It's same with those PvP missions, ain't it?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

so the pvp missions i really been looking for are now:
    lvl 90 char gets Sentinal Higgins kill mission? a 300ish mob with respawntime(!) ?

sorry, but that´s a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    It's same with those PvP missions, ain't it?
    No, it ain't. Thanks for askin tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    so the pvp missions i really been looking for are now:
    lvl 90 char gets Sentinal Higgins kill mission? a 300ish mob with respawntime(!) ?

sorry, but that´s a joke...
    It's locked to somewhere above 100. I tried getting it on my 99 mp earlier and she wouldn't talk to me
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Leave the RP in game or to appropriate sections. I know full well what being "neutral" means in this game, as I have defended the position. But your post is idiotic because you are confusing the game with real life aspects.

You have the exact same ability to all aspects of the game as anybody else. That is why there is more than one character spot. There are and always will be differences between sides, and that does include content. This is freaking obvious and should not have to be spelled out.

Not saying what you want is wrong, but your reasoning is hideous o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpbinda View Post
    With everynew patch we get new whiners from the neutral faction
    Well yes it seems that with every patch some people have to be reminded that we still exist, too.
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast