Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: PVP Missions

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    We spent about 30 minutes looking for the Ringleaders.. big waste of time.. Agree with above poster that would rather have bug's fixed than this new waste.
    Agreed as well. Take the team window bug, as a prime example. Still broken. Surely bugs should take priority over new "features".

well 2 hours and i still cant find a Union Ringleader.

I killed 5 unionists and nothing. I killed the guy who gives you the 10% xp buff and nothing.

Can anyone help me out here b4 i spit in a freepost envelope and send it to norway ? :/
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

Quote Originally Posted by Apalonia View Post
    The real issue is FC trying to create content where it is imposible to creat it. (PVP) what is PvP? Well it's Player Vs. Player. How can you PvP with an NPC? You can't it's still PvM which is Player Vs. Monster or Mob. So how have they added PvP content by making you kill an NPC. If you can't find another person (actual person sitting behind a keyboard like you) willing to fight you 1v1 or team vs. team then it's not PvP because like we discused before the Player part in PvP is an actual person and not an NPC.

I think the PvP aspect comes in to play when you go into a city of your opposite faction to find the npc and players of the opposite faction attack you while you are attacking the npc.

As far as feedback goes, it does seem that the reward doesnt justify how hard the quest is.

When the servers first came up I tried out the pvp mission. First part to go kill 5 guys, cool, they were my level so it took a while but they went down.

Second part, Kill some guy that the quest giver told me i should bring some friends. Being a melee adv I said screw it and went solo. Mob hitting for 1k, no problem start my perk rotation. Some omni were watching me but did nothing, mob is down to about 75%.

Then out of no where a 200ish unicorn is on me. So I have my quest mob hitting for 1k'ish, a unicorn hitting for 1500'ish. For a 179 adv this is a bit to much to solo so I was about to drop cat and parrot on out of there. A fixer opened up with a burst on me about this time so I chased him around for another 15 seconds or so before the unicorn killed me.

Getting killed by omni-tek personal... all part of the fun (my first venture into pvp in AO). A quest guy hitting for 1k, hey teach me to go after a mob solo after the game tells me get some friends. The problem I had was the obsurdly close proximity of the other guards to the quest mobs. If I had a team of people my level I am not sure that they could take on quest mob, the 2 unicorns close by, and anyone coming to defend their interest in the omni-tek corperation.

I personally think (for both clan and omni quests) the guards should be moved a little bit farther away from the quest mobs we are after. Or the reward should be for the whole group (team mission style or have him drop several cases for turn in).

Well if you bring some more with u for the mish, u can easily bring a calmer who could calm the guards

Quote Originally Posted by Inory View Post
    Well if you bring some more with u for the mish, u can easily bring a calmer who could calm the guards
    These missions are accessible at level 160 I think? Can't get onto the game right now to confirm :P

But you try landing a calm on a Unicorn at level 160.

Unicorns have NR out the ass.

Last kill for omni players is a 200ish guy, not surrounded by deep red gards, who hit around 1k
    Last kill for clan players is a "far higher than you" unicorn which hit between 2 and 5k, surrounded by deep red unicorns.

And after that you want us to stop saying that you give all avantages to omnis?
    Common funcom, stop lying, admit... Such a thing cannot leave test server without any notification...
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

Higgins is an un ubtable Fredrickson basically.. i had no problems tanking him with an rrfe.. but as for the adds and stuff, sure we don't have alot of red unicorns around, but we had a nice constant supply of guards coming to us while we killed him... even had silverstone along at one point too

as for unionist ringleaders, they are in the next mining area east from the 4ho grid exit... umm, north from whompas i believe.

the only annoyance is that the boss only drops 1 item.. and since i'm sure there isn't very many people who have the time to solo him (kiting or a doc), could it be possible to increase the number of items he drops from 1 to say.. 3, so that way, people don't have to spend 2+ hours camping up enough briefcases for pretty average rewards.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

i agree with some of the neuts on this, let them pull a mission to kill ICC guards or newland militia, if only so the clanners/ommers passing thru can go and gank them, afterall, these are ganking missions right? wait for ppl of an opposing faction to start fighting an NPC, and while they are busy, start ganking so they either have to deal with the guards or the players attacking them? title farming FTW!

this could have been so much easier to do if it was in somewhere like WTF (which is pretty much unused), with mobs which spawn on a 7 hour timer like tara, forcing clan/omni/neuts to fight each other to kill the mobs, make the mobs drop some upgrades for existing boards which can be used on the 2.5k token boards to make them 5k boards or the cyborg board to make them more inline with the clan/omni ones (maybe with a 210 req?)

hell, make WTF GS'd so that players over 160 end up in one, 100-159 end up in a second with the improved 1k board as a reward.

Did I hear correctly, omni kills mobs in 4holes?? Who the hell from clan bothers going to 4holes?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Feedback from TL5

I think this mission is very well done for TL5s. The guards you have to kill are pretty easy, and don't do much damage, but they do take a while to kill (unless you are a soldier). This means you can still pvp while being attacked by one guard.

The boss is also doable with just two people. You'll pretty much die for sure if you get attacked by any person of the opposing faction, but its still exciting to know that there is a chance of seeing someone else who will attack you.

The reward is very good (new tokenboard) and useful, and the whole thing doesnt take too long to complete.

The one problem I had was that omni's can watch you and wait until your half dead then gank you. I would prefer a 25% zone (much like 4H) where if you see an omni you can attack first, or at least force action rather than wait there and attack a mob and wait till you get ganked, even if another player is in plain sight.
    I am Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Did I hear correctly, omni kills mobs in 4holes?? Who the hell from clan bothers going to 4holes?
    Now lots, to lie in wait for incoming Omnis :P

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Maanemannen View Post
    A better idea if it's even possible would be to make a system like LFT but instead you put yourself available for being randomly targeted by players on the opposing side.

When you got flagged as a target you would get a unique pvp flag in your NCU that made it only possible for the "hunter" to start pvp'ing you.

Reward would be a normal Clan/Omni Bravery Token to the winner =)
    ;D
    I like this suggestion, this is how PVP mission should look like instead of the current mechanic.

Player puts himself in some window, server picks a random player from that window (pool of players) and gives a mission to another player. To avoid griefing, both 'target' and 'hunter' get a special item (nodrop/unique), to enable unique flag on them, so only they can attack each other.

This could be extended to team pvp as well.

Warp it into suggestions if you wish.................
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

the whole clan omni balance has always been way off... guards and mishes need to be neutral... o and PLZ never let neutrals change sides... they went the easy way... i like to laugh at them as they die...

Bumping Cerb's idea...simple straightforward...might take some work to program correctly but hey...it'll pull the dev's away from playing WoW now won't it ^^

Ey Lila! unfair to give credit to someone else for my idea

and to think we're from same org

we just killed him took 7 min to kill him took my sb team and 220 doc 2 nts 1 adv 1solja all diferent lvls.

Unable to perform action, Shadowbreed skill is locked, able in 04:52:14

w/o the sb and being able to perk him it would have took ages to kill him. also in the 6 min i was th ere had 2-3 clamers come up and look like they were going to gank :P
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post

Bump for this. The mob should be in Tir. Ao would be too hard, but Tir would be good I think. 4 holes is too deserted.

Im seriously frustrated by this patch.. Im a "hardcore pvp'er" and i was happy to see a "pvp patch".. This is really not a pvp patch.. PvP means players vs. players.. so what the fu*k you have to kill a npc and do a mission?
    Tara is a pvp area (when clans comes and vice versa), but this only look like a "i will gank people while they do their NPC" then run, thats frustrating, and dont bring anything that we can call "pvp"..
    2nd, its only a pvp patch (omg i laugh) for highlevel.. but pvp is all lvl, there is a lot of people pvp'ing with twinks, and would like to join the fun with those dedicated twinks.. Sometime i dont know why there is multiple title range, if u want to make pvp only for T7, jeez, burn all others lands and lets all get 220 and lag lag and lag even more!
    Im just wondering if FC got any clue about pvp at all? The pvp mission dont bring pvp at ALL, just some ganking (when there is gankers ...)
    Some suggestions.. :
    1) make a zone to hold by a faction for 30min, or 1h (like control the flag in some fps)
    2) make a kill counter to get phat or anything in those zone

This will bring pvp, and I think couldnt be farmed..
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

The "PvP" mish is in a zone where other players can come and get you, becaus e you'll be flagged. Thus, PvP.

At least this is the case for clan people doing the mish. Omni gets to breeze along skipping and singing through 4holes.

P.S. Where is the second omni PvP mish located at?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast