Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: PVP Missions

It's hard to give contents to people that decide not to be part of the MAIN storyline aka the omni vs clan war.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    It's hard to give contents to people that decide not to be part of the MAIN storyline aka the omni vs clan war.
    Aside from the fact that is not what neutrals are [your implication appears to be akin to those that think neutral = pacifist].

Neutral == taking neither side. So you can't fight for omnis. You can't fight for clans, therefore you can only fight.... nothing. Sorry, no PvP mish for you.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Neutral == taking neither side. So you can't fight for omnis. You can't fight for clans, therefore you can only fight.... nothing. Sorry, no PvP mish for you.
    I can fight both sides. And at mission terminals i get missions where i have to kill clanner and omnis, so why shouldn't i be able to kill some random Unicorn Commander too? To be honest, if Simon Silverstone wouldn't run like a chicken and if the omni-tek employee who gave the command to invade Borealis would be standing somewhere and be attackable, i would camp them day in day out...

And as soon as you roll something in my level-range, i would also happily attack you to show you what the non-aligned citizens of Borealis can and can't do...
    Syy

And what would your level range be out of interest sorry

btw in an RP sense you can't fight both sides.... Because whenever you're fighting one, it would be FOR the other, and therefor not neutral.
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Sep 13th, 2006 at 17:36:41.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

btw in an RP sense you can't fight both sides.... Because whenever you're fighting one, it would be FOR the other, and therefor not neutral.
    175+, but it seems like you are on the wrong server

In a RP sense we have three groups, and if i kill an Omni-Guard in Borealis, i don't do it for the 'other' side, which would imply that there are only two. Don't try to use your dictionary on me and my group, or i'll ask Piping_Hot to show up and tell one of the three groups to start wearing tartans and playing the bagpipes.
    Syy

not at all. People can have their own motives and fighting that although my be coincidental it helps a side, doesn't me it is FOR the other side.

Also you are the same people that only use RP stuff to your advantage, and when plausible RP reasoning to allow neutrals stuff .. oh no that doesn't count.

Plus here we are talking about a basic game content. Don't want us to get involved with Omni vs Clan .. fine HAVE US KILL OTHER NEUTRALS. You are missing a huge part of this, its not about rewards, stories, etc. Its about a company that does not deliver the same producted to all equally paying customers.

I'm sure someones going to counter well you can't wear t3, token boards etc. Yes that is true ... but the content is still available for us to do. As a neut HI token board is useless to me... but can i still go do the content .. I sure can. T3 parts/glyphs whatever .. again useless to me. But I am not denied the opportunity to play the content. With this PVP content added it deliberately a section of their own paying customers. Even if rewards are completely useless, we are not flat out told no you can't play.

Again this is not a neut vs clan vs. omni or character thing. This is about RL people vs. a RL company that is segregating its own customers, while still reaping the benefits of said customer.
    Last edited by SirNegs; Sep 13th, 2006 at 23:52:33.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

You could always roll a sided character.

Being neutral is a choice. When you go neut, you accept all inconveniences it has on the several areas that lack: buffing items/armor/weapons/contents.

I don't deny we should give more contents to neuts, as they are pretty restricted in what they can do. But claiming there's some unfairness... while omni is a big company full of employees and a private militia, clans are groups of fighting rebels. But what about neutrals?

Do neutrals have a form of unity like omni? Or partial unity as clanners? Because, when you look at the items and such, you will see that they are only there, because there's a unity AND a background of R&D.

Anyways, I hope neuts will be able to grab some more contents open to them, but these omni/clan PvP missions aren't really suited for the task imho.
    We usually call it WTF.
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

LOL, you have got to be kidding. Neutral means you are not ALIGNED with either side. Which means you can either not give a crap what they do, or you can give a crap about what they do. It means you don't side with either, which means you don't give a crap if you kill the president of omni-tek right next to the big clan leader dolt. It means from RP point of view, your path is not guided by the politics between clan and omni. Or it can mean you side with one without falling under their jurisdiction. America is allied with England, does that mean England == America? No, they are still seperate and have seperate motivations.

No, I am sorry, I find this stupid. Two people or two entities can have the same enemies without they themselves being allies. The saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is fun, but not always true. You can be enemies with both, after all.
    Last edited by Lumifly; Sep 14th, 2006 at 17:26:54.

Stop the insanity - stop the hijacking!

To:
    Mpgurl
    Hacre
    Firestorm
    Gimpbinda
    Sobeguy
    Lumifly
    MrHurtz
    Harios
    Awi
    SirNegs
    DietCokeofEvl
    Crono6
    and certainly others I've missed.

This thread isn't about the role of Neutrals in the game. How about, instead, you guys answer Sillirion's question and whether you think the new PvP missions are good or not. I'm as big an advocate of of the Neutral role in this game as anyone, and I'm happy to tell all the anti-neutral players why they're wrong but for goodness sake go argue about it in the "more Neut love" threads.

You sided players - of course neuts are going to complain about content that leaves them out. Duh! What would you expect. But Sillirion isn't asking what you Omni's and Clanners response is to the Neutral opinion of these PvP misisons. Let us whine, move along, and go about your day.

You Neutral players - give Sillirion your feedback and ignore the trolls.

Nothing to see here, citizen, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Piping_Hot View Post
    You Neutral players - give Sillirion your feedback and ignore the trolls.

Believe me, there is nothing more I would like to do, but as you know there is no feedback for us to give ... we are not allowed to participate. And as such that is my feedback about pvp missions. To either A) Add a neutral equivilance or B) Make the NPC's == Not Clan and == Not Omni.

No need to modify the rewards, its about just letting play as well.
    Last edited by SirNegs; Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:48:21.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

When a person rolls a neutral char there are a lot of things they don't get and factioned PvP quests fit in with that mantra.

FYI, nothing is stopping you from going and ganking the clan or Omni NPC's, just like the factions do. And in this case the rewards you are not getting are pretty trivial, anyway.

Or roll a Clan or Omni char. 100% of the game content is available to you, 'you' being the person with the account. Complaining about lack of content for neutrals is like an enforcer complaining he doesn't get a mezz pet. Solution in either case is for the person to roll a new char.

(I do think lvl 200+ neuts should be able to join Clan or Omni side, though)

As for the quests, I do think giving out an uber reward like an upgrade to the 2.5k token board, would be very good. Lower lvl chars would have fun killing the lower lvl NPC's, 220's would gather big raid forces to get the big NPC's (and deal with adds) and the opposing faction would lie in wait, knowing their enemies are coming for the goodies. Right now, you only get attacks on the big NPC's when you have a group of very bored hi lvl Clan or Omnis.

Isn't the reward for pvp quests are those upgraded tokenboards?
    If Im not mistaken neutrals do not have any tokenboards

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Isn't the reward for pvp quests are those upgraded tokenboards?
    If Im not mistaken neutrals do not have any tokenboards
    The cyborg only they have.
    We usually call it WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    The cyborg only they have.
    Yes, and that one is pretty outdated. It's about time that the free citizens starts to research into the latest technology on that sector. It must be able to get some Kyr'Ozch magic into it
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Yes, and that one is pretty outdated. It's about time that the free citizens starts to research into the latest technology on that sector. It must be able to get some Kyr'Ozch magic into it

Down with the neutrals :P

Builderbabe

Isnt ICC supposed to be technically Neutral.
    meaning officially neutral, secretly aligned with Omni?
    and would this mean that Clan and Omni shouldnt be at APF? since that is "non aligned" as well

Stop think of Neutral == non participant
    and start thinking of neutral == non aligned (ala shop keepers, mercenaries, ICC)

How about Jobe? Since there is "no place" for neutrals. does that mean Omni and Clan should be locked out of Jobe?
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    Isnt ICC supposed to be technically Neutral.
    meaning officially neutral, secretly aligned with Omni?
    and would this mean that Clan and Omni shouldnt be at APF? since that is "non aligned" as well

Stop think of Neutral == non participant
    and start thinking of neutral == non aligned (ala shop keepers, mercenaries, ICC)

How about Jobe? Since there is "no place" for neutrals. does that mean Omni and Clan should be locked out of Jobe?
    ICC is only neutral with respect to Omni-Tek and the other Corporations (SOL Banking etc) although they do attempt to keep Omni-Tek from obliterating the clans.

The Neutrals on Rubi-Ka, at least as far as the story line goes, are non-participants by choice as they turned their backs on both sides and walked away.

Jobe is a place built by former Omni-Tek scientists as an independant place, so I guess its Neutral.

What players consider to be Neutral and that FC and the Story line consider it to be seem to vary from player to player.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I only read till the 2nd page..

But as far as I'm concerned, AO is based on the major conflict (excluding aliens): Clan vs Omni..

Personally, I think Funcom is being inconsistent with their story line.. Either make it so neutrals cant have towers, or let them enjoy the "PVP" (rpPvM??) missions too.. I dont see why a neutral can attack a clan base and own notum fields, but not participate in these missions. Although I do consider neutrals as.. well.. neutral, and I dont think they should side with either faction. As it stands with towers on RK2 yes neutrals basically = omni in pvp.. But I think neutrals who want towers and want to participate in PVP should do it themselves without help from other factions or else they arent truely neutral. Yes, maybe 15% of AO is neutral and they would get smashed, but thats life.

and then theres the polotics view.. neutrals are to omni like the green party is to democrats... You wont win by yourselves so you pick the closest thing to your view..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast