Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

Well, this isn't something new I guess, but I find it mildly annoying... when using numpad for camera control, the sideways rotation and +/- zooming is quite okay, but when using the 2 and 8 keys to tilt camera, the change to angle is extremely fast and it's hard to find a comfortable setting if the one you had gets screwed because of getting behed/enlarged or similar. Also not sure if there is some option to adjust this, as I still not have that much in-depth knowledge, I just play and try to enjoy my limited gametime. WTB the rest of the graphics to work as fast as that though!
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

Hold control, hold the right mouse button, move the mouse
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Hold control, hold the right mouse button, move the mouse
    Thanks!!
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

Mega bump for new UI for the skills window. Making them in one column as someone mentioned earlier is a grand idea. Also making it easier to see which skills are full and which are empty would be good.

I came on the forums to check if anyone had found a fix to get the old one back, but going from previous posts, I guess not.

Was this UI introducted on the test server before it moved over? If so, I can't see why anyone responded positively. I love the game, but please please give us a nicer skills interface!!

Yes, it was on the test server.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

You can read the pre-patch feedback thread about the new skill window here if you wish.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

I forget if this is mentioned yet, but I don't like the fact that the new map window auto-centers on the Mission if it's been uploaded (and might on a shop - I haven't checked). This is even worse if you have a SL mission on the map and have gone back to RK - open the map and it opens to way off in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the map. The auto-center is nice, but please, either make it selectable for player-mission-shop, or on/off in totality.
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Map is not staying where you place it, when pressing P it gets back to original position?!

Cheers!
    bump this

Minimised view needs pretty coloured bars to know how close to max each skill is ^^

Wasn't a problem on my high max-the-lot main, it is on my lowbie though

I just came back to AO after been away for 3 months and first thing I notice is the new skill GUI. To start, I don't like it, what-so-ever...for two reasons: the immediate lag upon opening and it's in NO way streamlined. Very annoying when trying to check back on skills required and back again, I check very often when twinking and the like and this is just not helping AO's case on getting old players coming back and new ones staying if something in your game you use to upgrade yourself lags when just trying to use it.

Now if funcom can fix the lag there will still be the problem of streamlining the new skill menu, honestly i just think it's a terrible design. Why make it so hard to check on your current skill? It actually makes me angry every time I open it, not actually what I want to feel when trying to get on some new armor/weap!

28 pages and counting, think the Devs are listening yet? we can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by agentbob00 View Post
    Why make it so hard to check on your current skill? It actually makes me angry every time I open it, not actually what I want to feel when trying to get on some new armor/weap!
    As mentioned several times earlier in this thread (and many others) it's possible to use minimized mode (check the option in the "i" window menu. This lets you move the skill view anywhere you want, unlike the old system where you had "dead" areas where you could not click through to backpacks, etc. even if you had mouse pointer outside the buttons and bars.

I agree that not all is as good as it could be - especially not having colored skill bars coded to how expensive they are to increase, the list layout when you use the "Sggested IP distribution" button and the inability to use shift-click on skills to open info box in minimized view to see the dependencies among other things.

Not having a bar shown in minimized view along with the numbers is a bit disappointing, since you have to change into maximized view to see how close it is to be maxed. Having a bar or a additional number with max allowed skill as shown in detailed maximized view would be fine. Example: "216/420" instead of just "216" where 420 is the same as shown in detailed maximized view.

The missing skill bar coloring is to a certain extent compensated by having the skill names color coded instead, but it can be hard to read against the dark background, especially with the small font size.

Some also mention dissatisfaction with the fact that the skill bars now show how far your skills has been increased relative to your current level maximum, not your title level. This is in my opinion a matter of taste, and one can quite easily get used to it. Once you reach your title level maximum, the bar stays maxed anyway until next title.

I just want it to be changed slightly so that hitting U brings up a view only window, that doesn't take any time to load, but doesn't let you change skills. This is for two reasons. First, it lets you just check your skills if you need to, and second, if you hit U by mistake, you don't get a 3 second freeze in the middle of a fight.

Then they can make shift U bring up the skill window. :-)

Humm, maybe I should rebind the keys....
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by the_irish View Post
    I actually like seeing a new patch on the way, even if they do cause irritaions in the first few days until another fix, mod of the patch content.

On the Good Side:
    1. quest NPCs have identifying name color.
    2. added quests in inferno, I hear those in the high game have something to do now lol
    3. the pop ups about new ip/ perks is good too especially for newer players (first time I played i didnt know how to see ip or use them until like level 12 O.o)
    4. new patches are always good because it PROVES that funcom still cares about this 'ancient' game TY FC as much as we complain we feel safe to pay a year ahead knowing your not gonna scrap the AO servers to make room for a new coffeemaker (played other mmorpg's and still this is my very fav!)

On the bad side however:
    1. the ip menu could use larger buttons (we spend enough time allocation points in the old system, why make it harder to hit the tiny buttons?)
    2. MY MOST ANNOYING AND I KNOW IM NOT ALONE, THE SCROLL WHEEL FOR ZOOM. CAN IT BE TOGGLED ON/OFF PLEASE? (I play a doc and I use my wheel to move the side scrolled windows around to see different stats without filling my whole screen up... ALOT of people are going to die because I zoomed way far into that heckler instead of finding that heal nano in the nick of time.)

But as I said as much as we complain we love seeing updates, it makes us feel loved

aw, Dev team love <3 about that zoom toggle (just wanted to say that PS looking very forward to the character import ability for test server would be nice to find bugs in more inaccesible places due to lowlevelness )

and dont put me in the whiner category, read my posts I LOVE the DEV team and actually like to discover that a server is down to get a new patch (for all you dense peeps oout there new patches = a gamming company that cares about its customers, they fet a complaint that has merit and they FIX it! be happy! be VERY happy because it could be a H3// alot worse than you make it out to be

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728