Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

wtb old IP inteface and the old mouse scroll zoom back :S

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get why everyone is whining so much about the skill window. the new window is moveable, minimisable, shows a lot more detail than the old on and looks nicer imo. Apart from the lag (Which they are working on fixing) it's an improvement in every way.

IPR's are viewable by ticking them in the i menu at the top left. No whines about that please
    why do you care?

why are you so bent on arguing with everyone who doesn't like it? everyones entitled to their own opinions, so just drop it. if anything, you're the one whining.

btw i havent been able to get on because uh....the server downtime is a lot longer than scheduled..and you know....thats annoying.

I think we can safely say at least this -- the mouse-wheel zoom appears to be a *total* failure. Has there been even *one* post in support of it?

Plz make it Ctrl-scroll.

There was a post in support of it, but I'm too lazy to go find it

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast View Post
    why are you so bent on arguing with everyone who doesn't like it? everyones entitled to their own opinions, so just drop it. if anything, you're the one whining.
    Because the people bitching and whining and shouting for the old GUI back aren't helping anyone, FC already said it isn't coming back.

I like to whine aboput whiners, get over it
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Bah its clear from the VAST MAJORITY that these changes to the gui skills menu, loss of IP's on skills,mouse actions etc are the total suxxors. They pay just like you and have every right to complain, so if you wanna Whine about the whiners, fine but dont sit there and bitch about em doin it. Its actually you in the minority sorries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    loss of IP's on skills
    Who lost IP?

oops sorry IPR's on main skillz
    Well Duh lol.

Zen.

Yeah, that's gotta ouch.

I've never had occasion to reset them, but I'm sure many have at one time or another. Makes IP decisions even more harrowing, LOL.

Its actually you in the minority sorries.
    Actually, you're quite incorrect there. The majority of players I spoke too in game while the servers are up liked the new GUI chnages. Just because they don't feel the need to come here and compliment FC (As if anyone ever does ) doesn't mean they don't share my opinions.

Whining about something FC have stated they wont change will not get us anywhere, nor will it improve what we have if the posts aren't constructive. I think the 'Consolidated IPR Thread' Taught us all that
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

Quote Originally Posted by submisszero View Post
    I do how ever have one complaint tho...The mouse scroll..any way we can get it on and off like mouse lag fix?..I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to change from hot bar one (attacks and perks stuff) to hot bar 2 (buffs ect.)
    That won't have changed, you had to have pointer over it before, you still do. What has changed is what happens when the pointer is neither over the hotbar or over the roll-up windows.

What needs tweaked is that the windows should scroll when the mouse is over any part of the roll-up panel, not just the windows, and there should be a setting for this behaviour (eg camera zoom, roll-up scroll, hotbar change).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

say ya have to allocate IP to a skillset to get wep/armor/etc on, and reset afterwords to recover Ip ya really dont need in that skill DOH not any more, baibai skill freedoms hello nerfdom lol
    Well Duh lol.

Zen.

Wow, this whole thread has been hijacked by forum farmers it seems. Every other post is a stop complaining cause your not going to get what you want post. Who hired you guys to spout Funcoms party line?

Well I can decide to not renew my account when my time is up. I have done that with a few other games. When enough people do that Funcom might start listening to thier cutomers again, Mythic found out the hard way that trying to make changes no one wanted is going to bite you in the wallet sooner or later.

Honestly dont see why they went and changed the skills window at all. It wasnt broke to start with. The map has need some work but what they come up with is not the fix most people wanted. The smaller buttons were much better than the big clunky ones we have now.

say ya have to allocate IP to a skillset to get wep/armor/etc on, and reset afterwords to recover Ip
    You have to remove all your equipment and implants to IPR so that wont work
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

yes youre right Tel, it wont change it. And maybe you did find loads of people in-game between the patchs that totally lubbed the new crap, I was referring to here, now, on this forum. And while It doesnt change the fact that its not gonna be changed, it might ease someones tension and outright frustration with xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxx x xxx. 00ps. sorry heh that came out mumbled a bit ><
    Well Duh lol.

Zen.

HERE ME HERE ME!! i love the new GUI i have faith that FC will fix the laggy issue with the skill window...i also love the ctrl click to max skills, and i think the automatic skill allocation is a brillant idea for anyone learning to play a new prof or new to the game.. well done funcom!! only bad thing is the scroll buttoning zoomy thingy mabob

Quote Originally Posted by Hevans_slayer View Post
    HERE ME HERE ME!! i love the new GUI i have faith that FC will fix the laggy issue with the skill window...i also love the ctrl click to max skills, and i think the automatic skill allocation is a brillant idea for anyone learning to play a new prof or new to the game.. well done funcom!! only bad thing is the scroll buttoning zoomy thingy mabob
    Marry me plx <3
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    Yeah, that's gotta ouch.

I've never had occasion to reset them, but I'm sure many have at one time or another. Makes IP decisions even more harrowing, LOL.
    say ya have to allocate IP to a skillset to get wep/armor/etc on, and reset afterwords to recover Ip ya really dont need in that skill DOH not any more, baibai skill freedoms hello nerfdom lol
    Laik, read the text and you shall find the truth that you still have IPR's, they are just hidden and to find the clue you need to solo the beast... So, only 220 Trox advies can IPR skillz.. nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    Marry me plx <3
    omg, how many people have you proposed to in the last couple hours?! Is the clock ticking

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    omg, how many people have you proposed to in the last couple hours?! Is the clock ticking
    Three so far. Two said yes
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

I like the mouse zoom and I'm proud to stand up and be counted for it
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Siorai View Post
    I like the mouse zoom and I'm proud to stand up and be counted for it
    I'd ask you to marry me for being so brave and making a stand, but you're atrox Sorry.

Nerf the mouse zoom
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast