Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

There ya go Tel SEE peeps do compliment FC on occasion. I myself have done so. *gasp* hehe

"Nerf the mouse zoom" Hell no! j00 fired! Thats a pink slip for j00 buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    Three so far. Two said yes
    A most solid congratulations on your betrothals

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Cool teletubbies

should make a few different gui's and everyone have a vote on which would be better or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticalend View Post
    should make a few different gui's and everyone have a vote on which would be better or something.
    That would require actual interaction with players lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

I'll just give it one more try before bed... please FC, make the "zoom with mouse scrollwheel" optional... As many of us already asked for ever since it hit Test server
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by submisszero View Post
    Darkbane said :That won't have changed, you had to have pointer over it before, you still do. What has changed is what happens when the pointer is neither over the hotbar or over the roll-up windows.

What needs tweaked is that the windows should scroll when the mouse is over any part of the roll-up panel, not just the windows, and there should be a setting for this behaviour (eg camera zoom, roll-up scroll, hotbar change).

Can i still have 2 hot bars...Please...Pretty please with sugar on top?
    You will know when it is done right.

I definitly don't like the new Skills interface...very clunky....user-unfriendly, even in the minimized form.

Count me in the group that wants to have either the choice or go back to the old one.

Thoughts on the skill interface:

* Skill bars are way too small for the overall size of the window. The whole point of the interface is to show & adjust skills, the part of the display that actually shows them should take up more than 1% of the whole.
    * Mid-blue on cream; I'd like higher contrast colours for the bars
    * Smaller buttons!
    * Greater contrast for the labels, too. Go back to making the actual skill bars have the colour of the cost of the skill & use normal label colours.
    * Lag :P

Otherwise seems quite nice, I just don't find it as usable as the old one yet.

Thumbs down Don't like new IP window, and here's why.

It is too big, takes up too much of my screen. The old UI allowed me to have either my inventory, or my wear window in the middle of the UI. And, the other of my either inventory or wear window off to side and down some. Then I could upgrade my SL armor by having access to all three...the UI, and both my windows. Also, the old UI allowed me to also concurrently view an info window so I could see stats of any item while upgrading, etc. The old window allowed me to have three other objects open along with the IP UI. Not possible now. Sucks, actually. We need the option of choosing either new or classic UI for IP. This new IP UI really throws a wrench into lots of user actions besides upgrading armor...planning IP usage for imps, weapons, and other items besides armor. Not having the ability to open other windows along with IP UI is gonna be a real downer.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
    It is too big, takes up too much of my screen. The old UI allowed me to have either my inventory, or my wear window in the middle of the UI. And, the other of my either inventory or wear window off to side and down some. Then I could upgrade my SL armor by having access to all three...the UI, and both my windows. Also, the old UI allowed me to also concurrently view an info window so I could see stats of any item while upgrading, etc. The old window allowed me to have three other objects open along with the IP UI. Not possible now. Sucks, actually. We need the option of choosing either new or classic UI for IP. This new IP UI really throws a wrench into lots of user actions besides upgrading armor...planning IP usage for imps, weapons, and other items besides armor. Not having the ability to open other windows along with IP UI is gonna be a real downer.
    Have you tried the minimized version?

Please give us back the old one,,,this new GUI and maps realy suxor.

I sincerely hate any change you just did to the game. I demand a rollback to 11.0.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

An option to keep the map behind other windows would be nice, I have a few chat windows open and they overlap the map which I have relativly large, every time I click on the map though it springs in front of my chat windows.

another problem is due to the recent changes I'm seeing less map for the same size window, not good, I'm affriad I think the old map was better, smaller buttons, easy to use and no black space was nice.

One other thing to insure it doesn't get forgoten, I despise the Mouse Zoom, PLease fix it as soon as possible, bring the servers down for another day if you must, just please get it fixed.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

The mouse wheel zoming sucks. Acidentally zooming out while near a wall screws up the camera angle all the time. (I use the mouse wheel a lot to scroll my hotbar and scroll windows/text)

I'm on a laptop where fn + "the blue 5" doesn't do anything, so I need to constantly hit ctrl + mouse button to try and fix the angle, this completely ruins the game for me. Going to have to plug in a regular keyboard everytime I'm playing... :/

Why did you have to implement this? +/- worked just fine.

Thumbs down

it should be optional i dont like the map and the skillz window it sucks maybe funcom can email when its gone or and option.....its annoying and i guess im going to go back and play WoW for now......good job trying thanks but no thanks see ya laters

Here's a little foto story.
    Needless to say i dont like the new Stats window with all the ACs "spammed" into it. So i resize it (luckily THAT feature works) and it looks like this.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6905/Bild5.jpg
    Now i decide i wanna look at my inventory.
    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2057/Bild4.jpg
    And when i'm finished, i go back to stats.
    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7132/Bild3.jpg

Tada, guess the error....

Seriously, beloved devs. If you give us the option to resize a window (wich is VERY recommended in this case) why do you neglect to tell the program to save this? It's annoying. WTB fix.

As for making skills window optional it isn't going to happen. Unfortunately not EVERYTHING can be made optional. The new view DOES need some serious fixing though, the 2 second delay when opening is crap and someone's suggestion of having coloured bars behind each skill in the minimised view is a very good idea....
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

boo at menu lag, as if door lag and the like weren't bad enough.

too small text in skill up menu, its not clear so you can't level up while still keeping up with your team that is running to the next mob, or just check your stats as you run to your mission ect.

i'm not really sure if there are any pros at all, its been the same since launch, trying to make it look prettier at the cost of functionality sucks.

You can see mobs and such... turn it to minimised view.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

OH! and with the scroll wheel thing... I keep my NCU window in list mode.... and sometime there are more prgrams than the window holds so when I have to put my mouse over the side bar and scroll that menu, it gets to the NCU window and I then have to move my mouse OFF the NCU window to keep scrolling the menu.... The mouse wheel zoom was a nice IDEA, but it's just crap in practice.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast