Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

yah i think thats mouse scroll zoom isnt thinked to the end, prolly kills ppsl more than help for those rare situations where it is really needed...

That skill window is fun, make me feel like windows 95 times

well now is good time reset some perks and wait for next emergency pach... i hope it comes some other time than normal :P (exp 24:00 gmt would be nice time:P)

Sorry, That was same crying than last 150 posts but atleast i feel better now :P

Please make the new skills gui and scroll wheel optional.

The new skills interface is too big, lacks contrast, lacks audio feedback and causes play-harming lag every time it opens. Considering how often I use the interface to check and change skills during normal play this is crippling.

The scroll wheel zoom function is a real pain when it interferes with normal window scrolling. Please restrict the wheel fuction to its intended use of window scrolling - or at least make it optional.

Thumbs down

Personally I was appauled when I saw the changes made to the skill window, it's tiny text, you can't see a clear overview of what you need to see and so much more.

Just give us the option to toggle back to the old GUI and things will be better, this new design is horrid.

And the scrollwheel zoom is messing up view about once every minute, make an option what to use the scrollwheel for in option please, the old way of hiding/showing panels was SO much more userfriendly.

Context: Hate the new skill window design, make option to use the old one, hate the scroll wheel being used to zoom when we didn't ask for it, make option to have it the old way.

Frankly, if things are going to be like this where FC just implements changes that annoys people with no option to turn it off/use old system I will be looking for another game soon.

Quickpatch this guys!

Quote Originally Posted by toewiggler View Post
    Frankly, if things are going to be like this where FC just implements changes that annoys people with no option to turn it off/use old system I will be looking for another game soon.
    Then you will be looking for another game soon. Buh bye. If you had read this thread you (like so many others who have posted w/o reading) would understand that this is the last step in a series of GUI changes over the last 3 years since the release of SL.

At each phase people have asked for the option to keep the old GUI. FC is not willing to support 2 GUI's, so the only constructive option is to add input about improving the new GUI.

It's not going to change...get over it...get used to it. There is nothing you or anyone can say to change it.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

After using it, I actually like the minimised view I ESPECIALLY like ctrl+click to max a skill However each skill DOES need to have a bar behind it just like in the max view

However I can just see people ctrl+clicking a whole bunch, and going "OMG NOOO I MAXED WRONG ONE AND SPENT 900k IP!!!!"
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Aug 30th, 2006 at 10:14:41.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    Then you will be looking for another game soon. Buh bye. If you had read this thread you (like so many others who have posted w/o reading) would understand that this is the last step in a series of GUI changes over the last 3 years since the release of SL.

At each phase people have asked for the option to keep the old GUI. FC is not willing to support 2 GUI's, so the only constructive option is to add input about improving the new GUI.

It's not going to change...get over it...get used to it. There is nothing you or anyone can say to change it.
    Actually that's where you are wrong, we are customers of this company, and if customers want something they usually get it, one way or another.
    Making a toggle/option would be the best solution, they have the code, it would take maybe a day to implement it to the new system.

Company + angry customers = bad company

Person thinking bad company will continue keeping customers = ignorant

Person ignoring company past is ignorant...

Still - putting zoom to ctrl+wheel or making it togglable will be good.
    An option to turn map buttons into 1 row will be cool too.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Actually that's where you are wrong, we are customers of this company, and if customers want something they usually get it, one way or another.
    Making a toggle/option would be the best solution, they have the code, it would take maybe a day to implement it to the new system.
    Isn't going to happen though. It's taken 3 years (one wonders why it took so long mind you...) to finally remove the last of the old GUI so they can finally stop supporting 2 different sets of GUI code, and they aren't going to undo it.

There have been a few constructive suggestions in this thread, but 90% of it's been little more than noise, and therefore useful to no-one.

Personally I was appauled when I saw the changes made to the skill window, it's tiny text, you can't see a clear overview of what you need to see and so much more.
    At least this post contained some reasons... and I agree, the font could be bigger, and the colour contrast better. I don't get the "clear overview" bit though... I can see exactly the same information as in the old GUI myself (in fact, in detailed view, I can see more). Care to elaborate?
    Last edited by Darkbane; Aug 30th, 2006 at 11:18:16.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Company + angry customers = bad company

No, that's where I'm right...I've got FC's history with this issue to back me up. What makes you think they're going to change their policy on the GUI after 3 years of changes eliminating the old one?
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Suggestion on the map buttons, an extra option to change them into small icons would be nice and the descriptions could be tool tips that display when the mouse hovers over them, much like when the mouse hovers over a macro on your toolbar, a link in an info box or over an NCU running iin your NCU window.

Going to play with the skill window in more detail later, looks ok as a starting point but does seem to need improvement, I did find it hard to read on 1280x1024 definition and seeing the colour of individual skills was difficult, someone suggested colouring the bars as well as the text and I'd have to agree with them, also increasing the font size of the descriptions and adding in scroll bars for long descriptions would make things more readable, only other problem I know of so far is the lag on opening the window which I gather they're tring to fix.

Content updates themselves, other than a few bugs at first seem to be a great addition, greatly looking forward to getting to Inferno now (hopefully very very soon )
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Consider how many professionals have been replaced over the last month (or are still looking for replacements)

I cant stand the new skill menu, laggs when you open it, + it isnt as clear as the last one. please FC, change it back

oh and the new scrool thingy on the mouse.. i h8 it!!!!!

did FC actually ask what the players wanted b4 they screwed around with things? cas i didnt get asked any thing
    .:Veone:.

I don't like the new skill menu, and well, I didn't really like the old one either, although it was much better. But what annoys me is that the dev decides to fix things that doesn't need a fix. How about an updated hotbar instead? The community been asking for that long before SL was released, having to use items directly from inv and perks from controls is awful. Why spend time on something as usless as the skill menu, have the dev spend their 30min / month on things the community asks for imo.

You can put perks onto your hotbar you know....
    Put your mouse over the perk, hold the left click for about a second, then move your mouse, drop it on the spot you want...
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

I hope for your own sake that was just a bad joke. Special attacks + buffs + perks + items > 10 hotbar slots. Having to switch between 4-5 hotbars is just poor design.

Nah special attacks have hotkeys, I have a bar (the 9th) for perkattacks.... A bar for perkheals, it's not that hard... What is tit the above post is asking for in this department, a button that pushes all the perks at once?

I go Brawl, UBT, switch to attackbar, press 9876, switch to first bar, DoTx3, Shift+9, 5, Shift+1, Heal......

I seriously doubt that if you trimmed down your hotbar to things you NEED, you would still have > 100 items.

Buffs for example... if they're not constantly used, Ctrl+8 to open programs, and put those buffs under FAVOURITES. You don't NEED to fill your 100 slots with useless crap.
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Aug 30th, 2006 at 12:52:19.

I don't know why you are trying to teach me how to use the hotbar like I began playing yesterday. What you describe on how you play your doc is pretty much exactly how I play on my doc, and like most others does as well. That doesn't mean it's designed good. The fact so many, me included on some chars, use things directly from the inv/control proves otherwise. Point is, AO has more "active" stuff you can do duing a fight than most other MMORPGs, still it has an really aged hotbar. If the dev wanted to make a GUI-patch fix that instead of a skill-menu that had no major flaws.

And I never said a thing about "a button that pushes all the perks at once?", don't make up things, take a look at how other MMORPGs have solved the problem with using more than 10 hotbar slots.
    Last edited by Looke; Aug 30th, 2006 at 13:15:18.

I have neither the connection nor inclination to download another MMORPG just to see that... could you explain it to me please?

mouse wheel = pure ****, remove/disable please.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Thumbs down

the new skill menu is chunky and has now, imo, been harder to use..

Make it possible to use the old skill menu instead?
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast