Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    Your suggestion will be noted and ignored. Thank you for your time
    WTS ForumTrolls!

Well the guy did say "My suggestion" when I'm pretty sure it's been suggested by 1/3rd of the posters on this thread..... Maybe if people scrolled up and read the postings?

*prays not to get bitten on the arse by finding out Mechanuf was first poster of idea on this thread*
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

The new skill GUI is very laggy, unnecessarily bulky andmissing key features like the IP counter. The old system was just fine and did not need improving. Please consider stripping the new GUI and reinstating the old GUI, thanks.

People keep saying it doesn't count ip spent.... Do they mean TOTAL ip spent? Because it's telling me how much I've spent on it when I press the little + button :S

Try looking in the bottom right corner in maximised view... tell me if you mean something other than that.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

I mean total IP spent on one skill, not overall IP spent and the maximized view is too laggy to use at the moment to even tell.
    Last edited by Bereavement; Sep 1st, 2006 at 10:07:02.

Humour me If you have time to post on the forums you should have time to press U while you're doing it

return the IP window, then FC made the greatest patch since AI

new IP window sucks i haven't met one vet player who likes it

Quote Originally Posted by Bereavement View Post
    I mean total IP spent on one skill, not overall IP spent and the maximized view is too laggy to use at the moment to even tell.
    Here you go

Ignore the white text if it doesn't apply to you. And yes, it's total cost for the single skill
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

So it IS total spent on the skill people can't see? Why not, it's the bottom right one. The one witha HUGE RED ARROW next to it in the picture Telcea has so kindly provided... Two lines above it is how much in that skill you are gaining.

Love the graphics btw
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Sep 1st, 2006 at 10:38:37.

Oh, and for the people who whine about it being bulky and not being able to see or do other things.

Holy cow. I'm spending IP and I can SEE

You couldn't do that with the old GUI
    Last edited by Telcea; Sep 1st, 2006 at 10:41:34.
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

Being able to shift click on skills in the minimized view and getting the information about them in a popup window would be nice (I know it's a feature the old one had, but i see no reason to remove it), having to change to the other view for the information is a touch annoying. It would also allow you to continue seeing the information about the skill in question while modifying other skills or the defining attribute(s).
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Bump for new skill window that suck tbh, not gonna repeat what others have said, wtb improvement / old gui.
    Ethan"Canada"Hunt L220/18 Rimor Keeper ~ (Equipment(not))
    Proud Member of ~ Alpha & Omega ~ United In Anarchy
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.- W. Churchill.

Tel your arks comin out
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    Tel your arks comin out
    It is? Put it back in, quick
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

yahuh

O n btw lol I screwed up n bought FF8 stead of VII cause I didnt look close enuff at tha numbers and j00r right. totally underrated and I loved teh card game too. rofl must of spent hours n hours building a badass deck
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

bump for old gui back, please give us a choice between old or new.

After finally being able to get on the game, I noticed some more problems with the map.

"Zoom In" / "Zoom Out" neither zoom in nor out. Instead, they switch between Sphere Map and regular map. That's not really zooming now, is it? I haven't yet had a chance to try it out in RK though, so I'm wondering what new definition of "zooming" I will find there.

That's not the major issue though. Has anyone else noticed large chunks of the map disappearing when you grab the map and move it around? This is WAY more irritating than the "zoom." That's actually a big deal, and pretty much renders the map useless. I'll be looking at the SL map, and when I use my mouse to move the map around, large square or rectangular portions just go blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisarine View Post
    "Zoom In" / "Zoom Out" neither zoom in nor out. Instead, they switch between Sphere Map and regular map. That's not really zooming now, is it? I haven't yet had a chance to try it out in RK though, so I'm wondering what new definition of "zooming" I will find there.
    Never had this happen to me either when using the button or double clicking, either in RK or SL.
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX

That's how it works on spheremap. That's how it worked on spheremap BEFORe the gui change.

Guess I never "zoomed" on it then, because I used to change it by picking the map.

Or were you referring to the hug chunks of map disappearing? 'Cos I KNOW that's new, I use the map pretty often in SL.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast