Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs View Post
    Yeah, you missed one simple fact that many people play at higher resolutions.
    Well it was more in response to people saying it was too big and they couldn't have backpacks open at the same time. I'll look at larger resolutions now

Edit: Well, unfortunatly my screen only goes to 1280x960, but it looked fine at that size. According to Khalum it's readable even at 1920x1200 so I think some people might need glasses >_>
    Last edited by Telcea; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 11:08:19.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    Well it was more in response to people saying it was too big and they couldn't have backpacks open at the same time. I'll look at larger resolutions now
    Oh I misunderstood you then. I never had that particular problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    Well, unfortunatly my screen only goes to 1280x960, but it looked fine at that size. According to Khalum it's readable even at 1920x1200 so I think some people might need glasses >_>
    1280x960 is what I am using atm, and, while not unreadable, the font looks a bit too small to be comfortable for me. I think increasing it a little would help many people without hurting anyone. Reading names of the "dark" skills on black background is especially straining for eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs View Post
    1280x960 is what I am using atm, and, while not unreadable, the font looks a bit too small to be comfortable for me. I think increasing it a little would help many people without hurting anyone. Reading names of the "dark" skills on black background is especially straining for eyes.
    I do agree that the GUI could be improved, mainly with larger text and colored IP bars. I mean, nothing is perfect of course. I just don't think these two small issues should not warrant the outcry against the new GUI that this and other threads have been showing.

Apart from these two very minor points, I don't believe anyone has yet to actually give a legit reason as to why the skill GUI is worse than the old. I've already shown through my posts and screenies that it doesn't stop you from being able to do other things with it open, it has all the details it should have and the IPRs are still available. The Lag issue is already being adressed and there's no need for people to keep screaming about it.

The new GUI has more details, is movable, can be shrunk down into a compact view and can have the skills maxed in a single click. Great improvements over the old.
    Last edited by Telcea; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 19:31:00.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

1) i HATE the mouse thing, it throws me off all the time, i die...

2) new skill window is horrible, i cant see anything, it takes to much to understand it, change it back!
    Master Mentholbox 220/30 Adv
    Master Seanconnery 220/20 NT
    Neophyte Azazzel 217 agent
    Menthscrat 220/30 Crat
    Mexico-god's blindspot!

first person to ding 220 in a SL mission
    First lvl 250 adv on RK1!!!!

[Mercenaries] Wilsonat: Gorilla is animal, geurilla is animal with an AK47

Quote Originally Posted by Mentholbox View Post
    ..., it takes to much to understand it, change it back!
    That takes too much to understand.... What exactly are you confused about?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

well with the old one u could hit u and check ur abilities right away, now u gotta open it, click to the sub menue, its alot harder to understand i think
    Menthscrat 220/30 Crat
    Mexico-god's blindspot!

ALOT harder to understand because you have to click a button? Sorry but that.... that's just silly :P
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

well all the text is alot smaller, u cant just glance at th ewindow and see what ur at
    Menthscrat 220/30 Crat
    Mexico-god's blindspot!

That's true... Not true for everyone though, but maybe they could put an option in somewhere to change the text size? They definitely need to do something about the contrast though

1. Scroll wheel zoom sucks.
    2. Map realy mezzy, resised and changing zoom to default when i open map, zooming atomatic goes to player pos, not where i whant to zoom, parts of map disapear on some occasions.

Angry

nerf the skill window and mouse zoom REALY miss old skill window
    Evaaac 210 omni fixer
    Terroriste 212 omni shade- new main
    Wooot 165 omni doc - retwinking in progress
    Roxxoro 91 omni mp gimp
    Electriz 140ish hecknoob

AH HA!!!! It defaults to centering on mission if you have one, or if you have co-ords uploaded, defaults to centering on player if you don't.... So if your mission beacon is borked it will default to zooming into the middle of nowhere....

QUICKish FIX: Instead of a simple button in the 'i' menu, make it a check button.... so you click on center on player, it always centers on player by default, even if you have a mission..... Click it again, tick goes away, map stays wherever you last had it when you open/close.... Or something along those lines anyway

Mouse wheel to zoom in/out: either disable it or give us an option to switch it on/off. Customization, a new word FC should learn.

Map window:
    Mouse pointer stays at the location i grabbed the map after I pane the map.
    Map resets to upper left corner when open the map while in the dungeon.

Towers/city grid exit, double click on entry should work, instead of having to click "Go" button all the time.

Please get rid of the scroll-wheel zoom or make it optional... PLEASE!!!!!!

It interferes with all my other very necesary scrollings (inventory window, action window, hotbar, sticky windows on the right) that I have to do all the time and particularly while in combat. And it has scrwed up my gameplay.

N O W

Angry

Sign me up for the "New Skill Window Sucks!" petition. What planet was the designer on when that was thought out?

Like Most people i see good and bad with the GUI, mostly bad atm but all is not lost.

The new map and the problems i have with it.

1: Doesnt stay saved in the last position saved i.e move to the left hand side of the screen and shrunk a little etc (Easy to fix just make it remember last saved position )

2: The buttons are oversized. (Again easy to fix put it all on one line and make them smaller)

3: I get a little bit of stutter/ flicker on in it, not a great problem in itself but it wasnt there before.

The new GUI

3: Ok there is the lag delay in opening it

4: Again it does not remember the last save postion it was used in, i tend to use the minmized view most of the time, for some reason i find this easier to gather the imformation needed easier in that view than the detailed view. I think this is down to poor seperation of the stats, colours chosen having to read across as well as down. So in essence just give the stats window the ability to remember the last position it was used in.

5: The general colour schemes and appearence is quite quite dull compared to the old one. Not looking for somthing jazzy its a stat window but it could be more pleasing on the eye.

Ok things cant stay the same forever but this change in the GUI does require a little more work to get it working as intended, if it is working as intended then you seem to have "dropped a clanger". So hopefully you will take onboard most of the comments in this section that most people are asking for.

EDIT

Forgot to add the scroll wheel thing, its bad the abilty to have switch it on or off please, or if this can not be done remove it entirely.
    Last edited by Fruitynuts; Sep 4th, 2006 at 15:21:07.

On patch 16.3.2 on testserver the scroll wheel function is now optional. You can choose if it zooms, scrolls right side menu or nothing at all..

Now we only have to wait a month before it's on live and 3 days of downtime after the patch... WEWT!

Quote Originally Posted by Maanemannen View Post
    On patch 16.3.2 on testserver the scroll wheel function is now optional. You can choose if it zooms, scrolls right side menu or nothing at all..
    excellent! Nice to finally see some word trickling in on fixes/changes. Personally I'd really like to see a ctrl+wheel option as I like the idea of scroll wheel zoom, just not the implementation.

So, please FC if you still watching this thread, please consider an additional option for:

ctrl+wheel zoom!

otherwise, I could certainly live with the scroll right menu option as it was before and just use +/- for camera as always
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Funcom: You forgot to make the new Skills window able to be "close by escape" using the Esc key.

I'd rather have the old skills view back, but if you intend on keeping this new one, at least allow us to close it by using escape...

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast